Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    aknroberts wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Best wishes for the New Year from sunny Australia.
    Once again restarting my weight loss journey. Going to make this year count.
    Good luck to everyone.

Welcome to our awesome group ... Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @tslose
    I get you on the mindless eating. My husband opened his Christmas chocolate a few nights ago and I ate 3 without even thinking. Thanks for sharing!

@Morethanjustanumber
    Welcome Jean! That is my mothers name. Chips are one of my downfalls but I have one of those hallowe’en sized bags every evening. We keep a bunch in a bowl but I can’t reach them. My hubby takes them down to let me pick one. Having this small treat every night keeps me from binge eat for the most part. You have great goals for your weight loss journey.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Enjoy your shopping! Please increase my step pledge to 10k.

@alexanderrob
    Welcome to the team! I really get the night time eating. If I don’t get to sleep at a decent hour, out comes the bread slathered in butter. I an trying to get a consistent bed time routine.

@GMgetsfit
    A fellow chip lover. Sounds like you have great goals for the new year!

@MeowScout
    I have an Apple Watch and you have to close three rings daily. There is the move goal (calories burned from movement, the exercise goal and the stand goal. I have my exercise goal set to 20 minutes right now. The exercise must be equivalent to a brisk walk to count. I love all your workouts. I think losing in December deserves a medal considering all the holidays. I sent you a pm about the motivator.

@cormierannie
    Glad to see you for another month. I like that you found away to deal with life stresses!

@aknroberts
    Welcome to the team!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Enjoy your shopping! Please increase my step pledge to 10k.

Thanks we did enjoy ..3 stores 3 hours later ...I will increase your step pledge :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody!

I’m Rachel, a 36- year old teacher. I’m struggled with my weight my whole life. My highest weight came in at 179.6. I talked to my doctor about switching a medication I was on, and that has helped quite a bit - I’m down to 160.8. My ideal goal weight is 145-150. I was making really good progress, but then the pandemic hit, and my weight loss stalled.
    My plan for this year is to gradually up my step goal from 6K/day to prepandemic levels of 8K/day.

I’m not super great about daily check-ins, but I weigh-in every Saturday, and post updates.

I hope everybody had a great New Year and is ready to have a great 2022. I know I need to buckle down to get past this plateau I’ve got. So, here’s to a new year: one that hopefully helps us reach our goals!

PW: 160.8
    CW: 160.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining us .. Please welcome @katie_rnc :)
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970 12/31 was 1762 steps. I would like to be removed from the Step Challenge from January. On my own I am still going to aim for 6000 a day, but probably more like 5 days each week. Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    @megan_smartiepants1970 12/31 was 1762 steps. I would like to be removed from the Step Challenge from January. On my own I am still going to aim for 6000 a day, but probably more like 5 days each week. Thank you!

Okay I will remove you tomorrow after you give me your step goal for 1/1/22...Sorry to see you leave the step challenge but I understand so hopefully you will rejoin in February :)
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to join the step challenge for January with 5,000 per day.

Thanks!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone. time for the first check in of the new year.
    check in for 1/1:
    steps - 5187. walked around a tourist area for about 1 1/2 hours. had a fresh made tortilla. delicious and hot.
    calories - 1672 or so. it's an ok number.
    exercise - none. i hope tomorrow since the weather has gotten better. no more rain or cold wind.

welcome to all of the new members who joined us. good luck on your journeys and i am enjoying reading your stories. thank you all for sharing.
  • sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    1. Tell us about yourself.

I'm a 65 yo woman, married, two grown kids. I run a property management and vacation rental business, love to travel, take care of two big dogs.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

In 2020 my foot started to hurt, and that's when I became REALLY sedentary. Gain 10 lbs over an already unacceptable weight. My foot's better, so I'm starting again.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Chocolate, potato chips, food. Lock the kitchen, ha ha. Don't buy junk.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by?

I just learned why Keto is bad for me, so just calorie reduction, fruits-veggies-grains-beans-chicken-fish is on my list. Is there a name for that?

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Weight training, walking/hiking (when foot's ok), biking.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

Drop 2 pounds per month until done, around 70 pounds.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

I need motivation and accountability. I'm also joining a group training that meets 4 days a week after work.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    so its all done and finally got myself back on track on the 1st jan.... sorry my weigh in is late, lets remove those extra pounds!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! This is our year! back to the gym today and now for the next 5 stone to lose!

username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 236.7
    CW 244
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    sequimtrim wrote: »
    1. Tell us about yourself.

I'm a 65 yo woman, married, two grown kids. I run a property management and vacation rental business, love to travel, take care of two big dogs.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

In 2020 my foot started to hurt, and that's when I became REALLY sedentary. Gain 10 lbs over an already unacceptable weight. My foot's better, so I'm starting again.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Chocolate, potato chips, food. Lock the kitchen, ha ha. Don't buy junk.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by?

I just learned why Keto is bad for me, so just calorie reduction, fruits-veggies-grains-beans-chicken-fish is on my list. Is there a name for that?

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Weight training, walking/hiking (when foot's ok), biking.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

Drop 2 pounds per month until done, around 70 pounds.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

I need motivation and accountability. I'm also joining a group training that meets 4 days a week after work.

Welcome to our group ... I am in charge of recruiting and I do not see your name on my list ...Did you sign up with a different name ? If so may we know it so we can put you on the spreadsheet ..Thank you
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! It's so great to see so many people joining our team - and I LOVE that we have people from all over the world! Here's my daily check-in and my weekly weigh in:

PW: 174.3
    CW: 171.6 (-2.7)
    SW: 250

1/1/22:
    Calories: 1,129
    Exercise: 85 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,367

@lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to continue with the step challenge at 10,000 per day and I would like to change my weigh-in day to Wednesdays - so I'll start reporting this Wednesday if that's ok.

Thanks everyone - I hope you all have a great day!!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi all will do full intro tomorrow when I'm 9n my computer.

@lindamtuck2018 the weight in i did was on sat which was yesterday for me 1/1

SW for Jan is 185.6

Calories about 1000
    Steps 4397

I've been sleeping in until about midday on my days off so not very active.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    "Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hi - I'm Jim (52) and live in St. Louis, Missouri with my wife Susan of 25 years and have one adult daughter, another girl and boy in college and our youngest son is a sophomore in High School. I'm an IT Director with a very large health care company which keeps me very busy. I've suffered from insomnia for most of my life which would be less of an issue if I worked out more but I usually get on the computer, watch TV or snack so my 2022 goal is to at least exercise in the wee hours if I can't fall back to sleep. We're big travelers.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I wasn't happy with my appearance in in family pictures and got my 'wake up' call after hearing about someone else passing away early due an unhealthy lifestyle. I'm on track to retire early (~ 4 years) and I want to be around for a long time to enjoy retirement and eventually a grandparent.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Pizza, Nachos, and Moose Tracks ice cream. I never buy the stuff but my wife does so I try to make sure I eat some fruit or vegetables first to mitigate the risk of eating too much.

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? No specific or regimented approach - I just try to eat healthy when I can, and treat myself every now and then. No one is perfect and life is short so eating food shouldn't just be about survival or losing weight all the time.

5. What is your favorite way to workout? I just received adjustable dumbbells for Christmas (awesome!) and am learning to use a weighted jump rope (it's tough) but I'm back on the rowing machine again which is great. As long as the weather isn't really bad, I enjoy walking outdoors - especially on hiking trails but that's not too often.

6. What are some of your goals this month? I really lost my motivation around October (not sure why) and have crept back up over the last 3 months so my plan is to lose 3 lbs in January and February and then get back to 2 lbs / month from there for the rest of the year. I'm planning to get down to 200 lbs by my birthday on Halloween.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? It's been inspiring to hear about the challenges others are taking on and it helps me realize that I can do this if I put my mind and effort into it."
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to start me step goal at 10k. Thank you.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @tslose I'm so excited that you are here! This is a great group that will help you get into a routine that works. You can do this!

@Morethanjustanumber Welcome to the team! We have all kicked ourselves about regaining the weight at some point. The most important thing is that you are picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and are refocusing on losing the weight. That's the hardest part!

@alexanderrob You have such great goals! With some focus and determination, I have no doubt that you will lose those 75 pounds in 2022! I've lost more than 78 pounds since April, so please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you. I'll be cheering you on along with our other team members!

@GMgetsfit I know exactly how you felt with regard to the airplane seat belt - that happened to me too - I dreaded having to fly. It won't be too long until those seat belts fit you with plenty of room to spare! I'm so happy that you are here!

@MeowScout I think you would be an amazing motivator!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Your crafting skill is so impressive - I don't have a creative bone in my body - so I'm in awe!

@cormierannie I love your goal of getting enough sleep and daily self-care - those two things will definitely help to get the weight off!

@aknroberts
    Welcome to the team - we are so glad you are here!!
This discussion has been closed.