Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @red1185 We are so happy to have you here - it sounds like you have a great plan in place to lose the weight!

@sequimtrim Welcome! You have set an excellent goal for yourself - it's so impressive that you have signed up for the group training class

@rwood566 As always, you are incredible - so excited to be here with you - such an inspiration!

@jayenguk Stepping back into the gym is a great way to start the year - thanks for the motivation!

@Pippin20206 Happy New Year! It's always nice to sleep in when we can!

@jimboden3 Welcome to the Downsizers! I have full confidence that you will hit your goal by your birthday! Please let us know how we can help!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • peng123
    Options
    I also want to add that it's so great to see so many people using the habit tracker this month - so exciting!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! It's so great to see so many people joining our team - and I LOVE that we have people from all over the world! Here's my daily check-in and my weekly weigh in:

PW: 174.3
    CW: 171.6 (-2.7)
    SW: 250

1/1/22:
    Calories: 1,129
    Exercise: 85 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 12,367

@lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to continue with the step challenge at 10,000 per day and I would like to change my weigh-in day to Wednesdays - so I'll start reporting this Wednesday if that's ok.

Thanks everyone - I hope you all have a great day!!

I will change you to Wednesday and will update your weight then.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ... Happy Sunday to all ....Today is meal prep and clean the house ...I have bags and bags of stuff to take down to Good Will and my old air fryer ... I bought myself a Ninja Airfyer for Christmas which has 2 baskets ...I used it last night for the 1st time .. I love it :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    5aqohqhdvecp.png

Here is my Sunday reminder ....Please have your steps in no later than 1/3/22...so that I can do December week 4 results and the Grand Finale for December ..Thank you for your cooperation

@lindamtuck2018- 1/1/22
    @tahm42 - 12/26- 1/1/22
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @red1185
    Staying the same during the holidays is a positive. Great idea to increase your step goal gradually.

@katie_rnc
    Welcome to the team!

@Morethanjustanumber
    Great job joining the step challenge. It really helps me get my steps.

@rwood566
    Walking around a tourist area sounds like good exercise. Your journey is so inspiring.

@sequimtrim
    Welcome to the team. You have a solid exercise plan.

@jayenguk
    Happy New Year! I can wait to watch you succeed this year.

@peng123
    I think it is awesome you volunteer with the humane society. Fantastic loss to date. What is your favourite healthy recipe?

@jimboden3
    I love your thought that food shouldn’t be about just losing weight all of the time.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    vcdvh93tuved.jpeg

Sunday
    No weigh ins

Monday
    @jimboden3
    @nerdeegurl33
    @mszoueb
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @peng123 and @MeowScout Thanks for stepping up - I am going to need you!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @peng123 and @MeowScout congrats on becoming the team motivators. Thank you both very much.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thanks for wanting to be our motivators of our awesome team @peng123 and @MeowScout :)
  • peng123
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well - take it easy and rest up so you can get yourself back to the pool once you feel better.

Here are some of my favorite recipes:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/orecchiette-pasta-with-chicken-sausage/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/cajun-chicken-pasta-on-lighter-side/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/cauliflower-rice-chicken-biryani/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-shrimp-fried-rice/

I love the Skinnytaste website - so many delicious recipes for all different eating plans/preferences.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! after a dismal December (lol) weight-loss wise, and also having problems getting on MFP for about 3 weeks, I am glad to be back!

1. Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm Tanya, a British ex-pat living in Toronto Canada. I'm the Downsizer's resident Starbucks Barista (so if you need any tips on low-cal treats at the Bux let me know!) and I live with my wife, Gael, and 3 kitties. I love football (soccer) and dancing (when my knee isn't giving me issues)

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I started back at MFP in October 2020. I was the heaviest I had ever been- 375lb, and my health was just brutal. My knees and back were in constant pain and I wasn't able to do my job fully (bending, lifting etc). I joined F2F in the November and the first few months were highly successful. Sadly, due to some health issues this year (gallstones and a bad knee injury) I haven't been able to reach much success in the last 12 months. In fact - between christmas 2020 and 2021, I stayed the same weight. I guess in the grand scheme of things that's not terrible. But this year is going to be a year of change for sure! I miss being in the 200's! I'll hopefully get back there in the next few months!

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Food triggers- Refined sugar. I don't have any food that has sugar in the first 5 ingredients. Also potato chips can be easily binged on. I have realised too that peanut butter is also something I can overeat on so I'm going to avoid that for a little bit. I am not someone that can will-power myself into moderation.

Behaviour triggers- boredom, stress, anxiety.

How to avoid triggers
    Food triggers- don't eat them lol. If Gael brings potato chips home I have to remind myself that it's not my food. Also to plan my food ahead of time so I'm not tempted due to hunger

Behaviour triggers- meditation, knitting, planning ahead of time so I don't let myself get hungry. Also just riding the wave. I am going to be hungry, or at least think that I am, and I have to accept that. I don't have to be constantly full. Satisfied is definitely enough

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

I have a food plan that consists of 3 meals and up to 2 optional snacks a day. I don't eliminate a specific food group (so I eat protein, fat carbs etc) I stick to around about 2000 calories a day. I need a food plan that is not a diet, but something sustainable for when I get to a healthy weight. I have dieted for years and it's not worked for me, and if anything it's encouraged disordered eating.

I am in a 12 step fellowship for overeating and if I eat the right things, not binge or restrict, and work my program on that, then my weight loss is a positive consequence. I do like to weigh myself weekly and keep on top of that though, just to see how I'm doing regularly.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Even though I can't do it much- I love my wii fit (especially dancing), walking, and swimming. Because if my injury I haven't been exercising much but I'm hoping to start dancing again soon!

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

I would love to be back in the 200's by the end of the month ideally. By the end of the year? Maybe under 250? 220? who knows! I'll take it day by day and see where I go
    I'd also love to get fit enough to do some jogging. I wanted to try and run a mile in one go but because of my knee, again, I couldn't manage it sadly. Lets see what this year brings!

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Ya know what i would love to gain- is experience on how to use an airfryer lol. If anyone has any airfryer recipes that would be great!!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    I’m Nan (67) from Fife in Scotland, sharing my home with mum(91), who does most of the cooking, monitors the washing machine and dryer, allows me to push the trolley in the supermarket and can tell me which store has the cheapest whatever we’re looking for.
    I do the heavy jobs, keep the garden and am mum’s chauffeuse.
    I enjoy knitting, crossstitch, gardening and when we can be, I am active in my local church

I’m trying to lose weight to feel happier in my skin, get back in to pre covid clothes and reduce pressure on my osteopenia bones. I’m restarting because I need to be fit for the things I have to do

Stress triggers me to eat mindlessly and since the problems won’t go away I need to find alternatives to sugary foods to cope

Since mum was a 1950s bride when meat and two veg was the order of the day and she still does most of the cooking we’re on mostly 1950s fayre

5. What is your favourite way to workout? I prefer walking but am currently using my exercise bike because I prefer to exercise whenever I get up and it’s too dark in the mornings in winter

My goals for this year are to
    Lose 1lb per week till I get to my target (lose around 25lbs)
    Exercise daily
    Add strength to my exercise regeme especially for my wrists and ankles

I’m sure I’ll find and hopefully be able to give inspiration from the team
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Help please. I tried to add myself to the steps challenge but can’t.
    If I can be added I’d like a target of 5000 per day please
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 i think you can add me
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi everyone! after a dismal December (lol) weight-loss wise, and also having problems getting on MFP for about 3 weeks, I am glad to be back!

I'm Tanya, a British ex-pat living in Toronto Canada. I'm the Downsizer's resident Starbucks Barista (so if you need any tips on low-cal treats at the Bux let me know!) and I live with my wife, Gael, and 3 kitties. I love football (soccer) and dancing (when my knee isn't giving me issues)

I started back at MFP in October 2020. I was the heaviest I had ever been- 375lb, and my health was just brutal. My knees and back were in constant pain and I wasn't able to do my job fully (bending, lifting etc). I joined F2F in the November and the first few months were highly successful. Sadly, due to some health issues this year (gallstones and a bad knee injury) I haven't been able to reach much success in the last 12 months. In fact - between christmas 2020 and 2021, I stayed the same weight. I guess in the grand scheme of things that's not terrible. But this year is going to be a year of change for sure! I miss being in the 200's! I'll hopefully get back there in the next few months!

Food triggers- Refined sugar. I don't have any food that has sugar in the first 5 ingredients. Also potato chips can be easily binged on. I have realised too that peanut butter is also something I can overeat on so I'm going to avoid that for a little bit. I am not someone that can will-power myself into moderation.

Behaviour triggers- boredom, stress, anxiety.

How to avoid triggers
    Food triggers- don't eat them lol. If Gael brings potato chips home I have to remind myself that it's not my food. Also to plan my food ahead of time so I'm not tempted due to hunger

Behaviour triggers- meditation, knitting, planning ahead of time so I don't let myself get hungry. Also just riding the wave. I am going to be hungry, or at least think that I am, and I have to accept that. I don't have to be constantly full. Satisfied is definitely enough

I have a food plan that consists of 3 meals and up to 2 optional snacks a day. I don't eliminate a specific food group (so I eat protein, fat carbs etc) I stick to around about 2000 calories a day. I need a food plan that is not a diet, but something sustainable for when I get to a healthy weight. I have dieted for years and it's not worked for me, and if anything it's encouraged disordered eating.

I am in a 12 step fellowship for overeating and if I eat the right things, not binge or restrict, and work my program on that, then my weight loss is a positive consequence. I do like to weigh myself weekly and keep on top of that though, just to see how I'm doing regularly.

Even though I can't do it much- I love my wii fit (especially dancing), walking, and swimming. Because if my injury I haven't been exercising much but I'm hoping to start dancing again soon!

I would love to be back in the 200's by the end of the month ideally. By the end of the year? Maybe under 250? 220? who knows! I'll take it day by day and see where I go
    I'd also love to get fit enough to do some jogging. I wanted to try and run a mile in one go but because of my knee, again, I couldn't manage it sadly. Lets see what this year brings!

Ya know what i would love to gain- is experience on how to use an airfryer lol. If anyone has any airfryer recipes that would be great!!

Welcome back Tanya.... I just bought a ninja airfryer for myself(it has 2 baskets which I love I am giving away my old one to Good Will ........Last night I made air fried shrimp with air fried lemon broccoli .....I have an airfryer cookbook with 250 recipes ..Let me know what ingredient you want to use and I will try to find a recipe
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Lessennan wrote: »
    I’m Nan (67) from Fife in Scotland, sharing my home with mum(91), who does most of the cooking, monitors the washing machine and dryer, allows me to push the trolley in the supermarket and can tell me which store has the cheapest whatever we’re looking for.
    I do the heavy jobs, keep the garden and am mum’s chauffeuse.
    I enjoy knitting, crossstitch, gardening and when we can be, I am active in my local church

I’m trying to lose weight to feel happier in my skin, get back in to pre covid clothes and reduce pressure on my osteopenia bones. I’m restarting because I need to be fit for the things I have to do

Stress triggers me to eat mindlessly and since the problems won’t go away I need to find alternatives to sugary foods to cope

Since mum was a 1950s bride when meat and two veg was the order of the day and she still does most of the cooking we’re on mostly 1950s fayre

5. What is your favourite way to workout? I prefer walking but am currently using my exercise bike because I prefer to exercise whenever I get up and it’s too dark in the mornings in winter

My goals for this year are to
    Lose 1lb per week till I get to my target (lose around 25lbs)
    Exercise daily
    Add strength to my exercise regeme especially for my wrists and ankles

I’m sure I’ll find and hopefully be able to give inspiration from the team

Welcome to our amazing group :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Lessennan wrote: »
    Help please. I tried to add myself to the steps challenge but can’t.
    If I can be added I’d like a target of 5000 per day please
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 i think you can add me

I will add you to our step challenge :)
  • sweetlady9783
    sweetlady9783 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hello everyone! Sorry if I am late to the party, I didn't know what I was doing, lol. My name is Victoria, I am 38 years old and I am from Florida. I have been a member of MFP for a lot of years. I am always trying to lose weight it seems and at one point I lost over a hundred pounds. Unfortunately, I gained most of it back. But I am looking forward to being a part of the team and getting back on track.

I haven noticed that just getting into bed causes me to breathe hard. I don't like that, and I have some other issues, but I really want to focus on myself for once and try to get to a healthier version of myself.

I tend to binge at night. Even though I go to bed by 730pm, I feel like I have to eat as much as I can before bed. The passed week I haven't binged at all and I have been keeping myself busy by watching a show and writing in my journal before I go to bed.

Nothing fancy, just calories in, calories out. Maybe a little intermittent fasting.

I like going for walks and workout videos from The Body Project on youtube.

I am hoping to lose 15lbs this month, but overall, for the year I hope to lose at least 80lbs.
    Besides losing weight I have a goal of saving enough money by June to be able to leave my job and pursue something else.

I hope to gain friendships and maybe some advice that I could use to help reach my goals.

I look forward reaching our goals together! Happy New Year everyone!
This discussion has been closed.