Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611836acb3a19a26b4948d680afd0aeba0ca6e6eccf&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Congrats on completing yet another month with Fat2Fit! You can see the results of Week Four and the month of December by clicking the links below...

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

Week Four-
    rhnd47y44s3x.png

December -
    xary285mb7up.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Lessennan wrote: »
    1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    I’m Nan (67) from Fife in Scotland, sharing my home with mum(91), who does most of the cooking, monitors the washing machine and dryer, allows me to push the trolley in the supermarket and can tell me which store has the cheapest whatever we’re looking for.
    I do the heavy jobs, keep the garden and am mum’s chauffeuse.
    I enjoy knitting, crossstitch, gardening and when we can be, I am active in my local church

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I’m trying to lose weight to feel happier in my skin, get back in to pre covid clothes and reduce pressure on my osteopenia bones. I’m restarting because I need to be fit for the things I have to do

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Stress triggers me to eat mindlessly and since the problems won’t go away I need to find alternatives to sugary foods to cope

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    Since mum was a 1950s bride when meat and two veg was the order of the day and she still does most of the cooking we’re on mostly 1950s fayre

5. What is your favourite way to workout? I prefer walking but am currently using my exercise bike because I prefer to exercise whenever I get up and it’s too dark in the mornings in winter

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    My goals for this year are to
    Lose 1lb per week till I get to my target (lose around 25lbs)
    Exercise daily
    Add strength to my exercise regeme especially for my wrists and ankles

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    I’m sure I’ll find and hopefully be able to give inspiration from the team

My daughter lives in Crail, Fife. I hoping to make my first trip to see them in April. My husband is a meat, potato and veggies guy so that’s what we end up with most nights.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options

Hello everyone! Sorry if I am late to the party, I didn't know what I was doing, lol. My name is Victoria, I am 38 years old and I am from Florida. I have been a member of MFP for a lot of years. I am always trying to lose weight it seems and at one point I lost over a hundred pounds. Unfortunately, I gained most of it back. But I am looking forward to being a part of the team and getting back on track.

I haven noticed that just getting into bed causes me to breathe hard. I don't like that, and I have some other issues, but I really want to focus on myself for once and try to get to a healthier version of myself.

I tend to binge at night. Even though I go to bed by 730pm, I feel like I have to eat as much as I can before bed. The passed week I haven't binged at all and I have been keeping myself busy by watching a show and writing in my journal before I go to bed.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    Nothing fancy, just calories in, calories out. Maybe a little intermittent fasting.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    I like going for walks and workout videos from The Body Project on youtube.

I am hoping to lose 15lbs this month, but overall, for the year I hope to lose at least 80lbs.
    Besides losing weight I have a goal of saving enough money by June to be able to leave my job and pursue something else.

I hope to gain friendships and maybe some advice that I could use to help reach my goals.

I look forward reaching our goals together! Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome to our wonderful team :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @peng123
    I must try some skinny taste recipes. I am going to search the ones you listed up on Pinterest and pin them.

@littleflutterby
    Knee injuries make it hard to workout. Are you still doing physio?

@sweetlady9783
    Welcome Victoria! Great job on not binge eating this week. I have binge eating disorder and it’s been a process to get where I am now. Stress on times will still lead to a binge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congrats to all our top weight losers for the week and month of December!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Congrats @Beautyofdreams , @peng123 and @lindamtuck2018 for being our top 3 weight loss losers for week 4

Congrats @peng123, @dsgoingtodoit and @Pippin20206 for being our top 3 weight loss losers for December ...

I am very proud of all you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Just wanted to say to all the new challengers, please feel free to send me a friend request.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    [

Welcome back Tanya.... I just bought a ninja airfryer for myself(it has 2 baskets which I love I am giving away my old one to Good Will ........Last night I made air fried shrimp with air fried lemon broccoli .....I have an airfryer cookbook with 250 recipes ..Let me know what ingredient you want to use and I will try to find a recipe

Ahh thanks! Gael is going to go shopping next week so I'll see what she brings home. She is going to try cooking salmon in there today- just the plain fillet.

We have a ninja too- my mum is obsessed with them, she has 4 at home O_O
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Knee injuries make it hard to workout. Are you still doing physio?

I wasn't but I am going to go back this month I think. I finally got my workers comp payout at the end of December (I injured myself July 4th!!) and the woman I was talking to said they will also pay for my physio which is nice :) I stopped going because my insurance didn't cover that much
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    [

Welcome back Tanya.... I just bought a ninja airfryer for myself(it has 2 baskets which I love I am giving away my old one to Good Will ........Last night I made air fried shrimp with air fried lemon broccoli .....I have an airfryer cookbook with 250 recipes ..Let me know what ingredient you want to use and I will try to find a recipe

Ahh thanks! Gael is going to go shopping next week so I'll see what she brings home. She is going to try cooking salmon in there today- just the plain fillet.

We have a ninja too- my mum is obsessed with them, she has 4 at home O_O

I have made salmon in mine with garlic herb seasoning and lemon ..came out great :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams We will definitely be here for you with words of encouragement!!!
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I'm Karly, 58, single and live in Oklahoma with my two cats

I have a lot of heath issues and finally decided it's time for me to get serious about weight loss and being healthier. Would love to be in good health, so I can enjoy my senior years that are not that far off.

I am an emotional eater when I get upset or stressed. I need to work on this for the coming year. I plan to use meditation and positive thanking to learn to overcome dealing on negative thought and feelings which causes me to turn to food when upset.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb.
    I count calories and intermittent fasting.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    Walking used to be my favorite exercise, can't do that anymore due to health issues. I will find some workout videos on YouTube that work for me.

Work on healthy habits (eating, logging, exercise), Learn to be self positive, instead of negative thoughts/feelings toward myself.
    January Goal: 294
    March 19th Goal: 270 (59th birthday)
    Years Goal: below 200 lbs

Motivation and Support
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    This was posted as a new thread instead of posting within our group

my_monkey_my_circus wrote: »
    My name is Storm. I had gastric bypass June 2021 and in total from weight lost before surgery, I’m down from 368 to 216 and am now in maintenance phase. I’m looking forward to adding new friends on here so you can help me and I will help you be accountable and mindful. I am a public school teacher by trade and have an incredible husband and two doggies. I’ve done this before and I hope to not forget to post more often this time. Hugs. 💜
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @flowerblossom_58
    Welcome Karly! I am excited to see you reach all your weight loss goals.

@my_monkey_my_circus
    Welcome Storm! Your loss to date is fantastic!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome back again Karly and Storm :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Gwiz401 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

I'm so happy to part of Team Downsizers!!

I'm having the hardest time navigating the group, so please forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct place. I am brand new to this group.

Here's my initial weigh-in:

MFP USER NAME: Gwiz401
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 179.8
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever) - 187
    TEAM PREFERENCE: Downsize

A little about me:
    I'm a single, professional 52 year old woman from a very beautiful part of NJ. I am very active - weight lifting, dancing (west coast swing and hustle are my favorites), hiking, traveling the world, and absolutely love going to blues festivals (Tab Benoit is my celebrity crush!)

I've always been up and down in weight, but have been unsuccessful in getting back in control over the past few years. My triggers are social, when I tend to enjoy my libations. I'm also an emotional eater.
    I sabotage myself pretty badly when I get pissed off. To avoid these, I need to keep myself surrounded in music and attend every dance possible since I don't drink when I dance. The big one though is to avoid my roommate; he's a huge trigger for being a slug and munching all night. This is very doable though, by just staying busy outside of the house.

The most successful meal plan for me is a type of carnivore with select carbohydrates (from amino acids) and combined with specific intermittent fasting.

My favorite workout is weight lifting.

My goal is to drop as much weight as possible in 2 months as I'm heading to the Galapagos in March!!

An achievable goal for this year is drop 30 pounds and maintain it.
    Additionally, I WILL change my living situation. This is very unhealthy for my body and mind.

This team will be my accountability partner and motivator. Hopefully we can get competitive!!

Let's do this!!

Gita

Welcome to our amazing team ...Happy to have you with us ... It does take some time to get use to the new format of MFP but once you get it ..it will go smoothly .. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself @Megan_smartiepants1970 or @lindamtuck2018 .. We are here for our wonderful team :)
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Tell us a little about yourself?
    I am a teacher; just turned 50 last month, married mom of 3 teenagers (1 in high school, 2 in college)

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    Knee issues compounded by my weight have been keeping me from enjoying favorite activities and time with my family. That, combined with high blood pressure, has boosted my desire to take more meaningful steps to improving my health.

What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Not sure about triggers. I have noticed I do better with healthy eating and hydration when school is in session (I pack my lunches and keep a water bottle at my desk.)

Do you have a favorite diet you go by?
    nope - mostly I am focusing on portion control and having fruits and veggies more often

What is your favorite way to workout?
    I have a few favorite strength training dvds that work well for me when I use them. Last year, I really enjoyed a fitness class with several coworkers - similar to Zumba, but with different music.

What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    This month: log my food daily, exercise 3 times per week and get to 320 lbs.
    Longer term/this year: comfortably use the stairs in my parents' home, improve my stamina, get to 250 lbs

What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Consistent accountability and support
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    If anyone else wants to be added, removed, excused from the step challenge.. please let me know as soon as you can ...Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.