Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,699 Member
    Options
    Tell us a little about yourself?
    I am a teacher; just turned 50 last month, married mom of 3 teenagers (1 in high school, 2 in college)

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    Knee issues compounded by my weight have been keeping me from enjoying favorite activities and time with my family. That, combined with high blood pressure, has boosted my desire to take more meaningful steps to improving my health.

What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Not sure about triggers. I have noticed I do better with healthy eating and hydration when school is in session (I pack my lunches and keep a water bottle at my desk.)

Do you have a favorite diet you go by?
    nope - mostly I am focusing on portion control and having fruits and veggies more often

What is your favorite way to workout?
    I have a few favorite strength training dvds that work well for me when I use them. Last year, I really enjoyed a fitness class with several coworkers - similar to Zumba, but with different music.

What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    This month: log my food daily, exercise 3 times per week and get to 320 lbs.
    Longer term/this year: comfortably use the stairs in my parents' home, improve my stamina, get to 250 lbs

What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Consistent accountability and support

Welcome to our amazing team ..Glad to have you join us :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend ... :)
  • sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't know where to post this...

MFP USER NAME: sequimtrim
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 207
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever) - 210
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome to even more team members.
    @sequimtrim you posted it correctly.

Check in for 1/2:
    Steps - 13267 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate effort.
    Calories - 1449. It is low for me but I didn't want to cram.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 10 machines and 20 minutes bike. When I got home I went on a short walk. 1 hr 8 minutes over 3mph since I was already warmed up. It felt good to hit the gym and a walk.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    sequimtrim wrote: »
    I didn't know where to post this...

MFP USER NAME: sequimtrim
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 207
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever) - 210

I will get you added to the spreadsheet. Thanks for posting.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Gwiz401
    Welcome to the team! A trip to the Galapagos sounds exciting.

@aneedlecraft
    Welcome to the team! Your goals should help you be successful this month.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Welcome to even more team members.
    @sequimtrim you posted it correctly.

Check in for 1/2:
    Steps - 13267 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate effort.
    Calories - 1449. It is low for me but I didn't want to cram.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 10 machines and 20 minutes bike. When I got home I went on a short walk. 1 hr 8 minutes over 3mph since I was already warmed up. It felt good to hit the gym and a walk.

Your a beast! Fantastic steps and a awesome gym session.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/2
    Step count 8047

• tslose
    tslose Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If anyone else wants to be added, removed, excused from the step challenge.. please let me know as soon as you can ...Thank you :)

Did you get me?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    tslose wrote: »
    If anyone else wants to be added, removed, excused from the step challenge.. please let me know as soon as you can ...Thank you :)

Did you get me?

I did with a 10,000 step goal ...if you could post your steps for 1/2/22 that would be greatly appreciated :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Mari. I’m 42 years old and a mom to 3 boys boys and married to a workaholic. 😂 I have been a part of this group on and off since it was created. I’ve been in this journey for what feels like my entire life but truly buckled down in January 2016. I started at my highest weight is 338.8 Lbs. I lost the first 70 Lbs on my own then got the help to lose much more with weight loss surgery. I got down to 164 Lbs back in March 2019. Since then I have started skin removal surgeries ( about 1 a year since) and my weight has slowly been climbing since. I’ve gained 55 Lbs of what I lost. I have been trying to get my weight gain To stop and back to losing it again. It’s so much harder the second time around. I am currently at 216 Lbs. My main goal is to get back under the 200 mark and make new goals from there.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I am on this journey because I wanted to get fit and healthy for my family. I didn’t want to become a burden for them and I was feeling guilty that I couldn’t play with my kids because I would be out of breath as soon as I got up.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

My triggers are any kind of salty snacks. I do quite a bit of mindless eating and if there are snacks at hands reach I will definitely be eating them. I avoid buying them to keep me from eating them. Also having nothing to do is a trigger. If I keep busy I tend to eat at the right times and much healthier.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Not particularly. I don’t even count calories anymore but I have to admit that has been the best way for me to keep my weight loss going. It’s what has worked best. But at the moment I’m trying to change my bad habits one at a time. I also do enjoy doing IF. I actually started it all over today. I’m going to be doing 16/8 at least 6/7 days a week.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

I LOVE working out. I have no win home gym set up and I also have a gym membership for when I need different machines or even a friend. I have discovered I enjoy running and strength training.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

This month I would like to get back in the habit of working out 4- 6 times a week. I want to get back to drinking lots of water and try to make healthy meals again. I am hoping to be under 210 Lbs this month.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Support. Motivation. Inspiration.

💪🏻♥️👍🏻

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Mari. I’m 42 years old and a mom to 3 boys boys and married to a workaholic. 😂 I have been a part of this group on and off since it was created. I’ve been in this journey for what feels like my entire life but truly buckled down in January 2016. I started at my highest weight is 338.8 Lbs. I lost the first 70 Lbs on my own then got the help to lose much more with weight loss surgery. I got down to 164 Lbs back in March 2019. Since then I have started skin removal surgeries ( about 1 a year since) and my weight slowly keeps up. I’ve gained 55 Lbs of what I lost. I have been trying to get my weight gain To stop and back to losing it again. It’s so much harder the second time around. I am currently at 216 Lbs. My main goal is to get back under the 200 mark and make new goals from there.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I am on this journey because I wanted to get fit and healthy for my family. I didn’t want to become a burden for them and I was feeling guilty that I could play with my kids because I would be out of breath as soon as I got up.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

My triggers are any kind of salty snacks. I do quite a bit of mindless eating and if there are snacks at hands reach I will definitely be eating them. I avoid buying them to keep me from eating them. Also having nothing to do is a trigger. If I keep busy I tend to eat at the right times and much healthier.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Not particularly. I don’t even count calories anymore but I have to admit that has been the best way for me to keep my weight loss going. It’s what has worked best. But at the moment I’m trying to change my bad habits one at a time. I also do enjoy doing IF. I actually started it all over today. I’m going to be doing 16/8 at least 6/7 days a week.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

I LOVE working out. I have no win home gym set up and I also have a gym membership for when I need different machines or even a friend. I have discovered I enjoy running and strength training.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

This month I would like to get back in the habit of working out 4- 6 times a week. I want to get back to drinking lots of water and try to make healthy meals again. I am hoping to be under 210 Lbs this month.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Support. Motivation. Inspiration.

💪🏻♥️👍🏻

Welcome back Mari ...So happy to have you re-join us ... I took 2 months off from logging due to being burned out ... worst mistake I could have made... Not sure why I thought I could to do ...I gained and gained and gained all of December ...This will be the year that we succeed ..We got this :)

Are you wanting to be back on the step challenge? If so please give me a step pledge ...Thank you
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Welcome back Mari ...So happy to have you re-join us ... I took 2 months off from logging due to being burned out ... worst mistake I could have made... Not sure why I thought I could to do ...I gained and gained and gained all of December ...This will be the year that we succeed ..We got this :)

Are you wanting to be back on the step challenge? If so please give me a step pledge ...Thank you

Thank you Megan. We sure do got this!
    💪🏻♥️👍🏻

And yes I would like to join the step challenge again. I will pledge 10,000 steps a day.

This discussion has been closed.