Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6. Be sure to use self rising flour when you make the beer bread. You can use any kind of beer. I don’t know about using honey since it has anti microbial properties and may inhibit the yeast in the beer, but I’m no expert. There are wheat and white versions on the internet. I have made the white bread version. It is great with added cheese when baking.

@hugs to you both @lindamtuck2018 and @megan_smartiepants1970.

@Jpedno. Great job finding your triggers and continuing on with your healthy lifestyle.

@peng123. Awesome loss! You are strong and will hit your goals.

@red1185. It’s 20 below zero with the windchill here in Iowa. The snow will be here awhile. Congratulations on completing your travel certification. Hawaii sounds awesome.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/19
    40 minutes stationary bike
    40 minutes strength training. Moderate effort
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    weigh in day wednesday
    pw: 158 pounds
    cw: 157 pounds

calories-under
    steps- 12,580
    fitness minutes- 140
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams thanks so much for the info on the beer bread. I was going to try using honey on my next one but I agree with you on it possibly affecting the yeast.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody. I’m excited to say that today was a good day! We did a lab in class, which always has me up and moving, and they did a good job so I was still energized and in a good mood when the day was over. By the time the day did end, I was 2,000 steps OVER my daily goal. I still had enough energy to take the dog on a walk AND cook dinner! I’m at nearly 13k steps today! That never happens lol

In other news, I got my official “business certificate” from the state of GA for my travel agency! I’m so excited!

Y’all posting all these cold temperatures makes me look forward to Hawaii even more LOL j/k. Honestly, I think I said this before, but one of my life goals is to experience a TRUE snowfall! Like, FEET of snow - not just a few inches, and the. It disappears by the afternoon or next day. All of you who live in Canada: it’s on my bucket list FOR SURE. According to my dad we have relatives up there, but we don’t know where they are lol. I guess I just have to travel to all parts of Canada to find them lol - how sad for me 😉.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a lovely evening. Take care, stay warm, and be safe! ❤️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,335 Member
    Options
    c0b0jd3w4ux2.jpg

January Week 2 Results:

Top 5 steppers are:

1st @mari_moulin - 110,711 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 81,553 steps
    3rd @peng123 - 77,636 steps
    4th @Beautyofdreams - 69,297 steps
    5th @JodiSW- 67,305 steps
    Congrats Ladies :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 886,796 steps
    Awesome Job Everyone :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps:

@lindamtuck2018 - 7/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 6/7
    @red1185 - 5/7
    @rwood566 - 7/7
    @tahm42 - 6/7
    @peng123 - 5/7
    @MeowScout - 4/7
    @littleflutterby - 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber - 7/7
    @tslose - 2/7
    @Lessennan - 1/7
    @mari_moulin - 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams - 3/7
    @JodiSW - 3/7
    @Jpedno - 5/7
    Amazing Job Everyone :):):):):)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Long day; haven't gone to bed yet. I'll check in and definitely respond to those of you who tagged me in posts later today. 😊 Lee
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 221.6
    CW 219.0
    😃
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Fantastic exercise day!

@tahm42
    Ouch! Was it your dog? Are you going to continue to weigh in until your doctors appointment.

@cormierannie
    Nice loss!

@flowerblossom_58
    Great job on exercise and I am glad it helps with the stiffness.

@red1185
    I love good days! You killed it on the steps. You are more than welcome to our snow. I am listening to them clean up the snow from last night and we are still under a snow squall warning.

@rwood566
    Fantastic walk! You should have slept like a baby after that.

@888Angie888
    Congrats on the loss!

@Morethanjustanumber
    Awesome step day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Do you reward yourself for reaching milestones on your weight loss journey? If so, tell us the milestone and what your reward will be.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hello Team. Finally able to check in with you guys. I wish I could do better on being active in here. This week I’ve struggled a bit with feeling tired. I’m feeling a little better today but still struggling through my workouts. Yesterday was my first day logging my food and I’ve been doing good with it again today. I hope I can keep up with that. I got on the scale this morning and it seems I have a bit of a spike. I do hope I manage to get it back down by Saturdays weigh in. I’m not too sure why I’m feeling so low on energy but I do hope it passes soon. I think it maybe hormonal as I’m also quite emotional these days.

Anyways @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps so far.

Sun - 15,953
    Mon - 26,582
    Tue - 16,830
    Wed - 13,800

I hope you are all have a good Thursday. Hugs teammates.

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
This discussion has been closed.