WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @jugar Bummer about the beloved snowshoes Liselyn... your comment was well fitting as earlier tonight I had to tease Brad by saying "did you look at me this morning and think, there's a lady who weighs less than me?" Lol - I am fairly certain there aren't many couples who had a similar start weight, similar losses, and are within 5-10 pounds and loving the competition of it. It's a unique but fun little place in life we are in and it's great having a built in accountability buddy.

Welcome back @ells_bellz and as the others have echoed, never feel like you have to slink back. Life ebbs and flows, things happen, it's great to have you back and I look forward to hearing how you make out settling back in!
    @ashleycarole86 The steps are just from my Fitbit. Should I stop including my walks?

All good - just trying to make sure I'm counting everything accurately and not double counting steps. Thanks for confirming Jenn and keep crushing it :)

1/26 exercise:
    47 minutes Peloton, 5002 steps
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @happimess01 Sam what brand are the cheesecake flavour drops? I'd like to see if I can find something like that here. That meal looks like dessert! Way to go
  • jugar
    Options
    Fantastic job this week! Lots of green, and so far four people have had a loss every week this month:
    @lonestarbabe
    @ashleycarole86
    @Steph1498
    @Pearl4686

You are all stars! There are more people who still need to weigh in and I'll bet my other snowshoe that there will be more with 4 weeks in the green :mrgreen:
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @happimess01 Sam what brand are the cheesecake flavour drops? I'd like to see if I can find something like that here. That meal looks like dessert! Way to go

6vh0jbxt6rve.jpg

Thank you :) It's this one. I got these recommendations off of this page, you can find other brands here too -
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Generally all flavours I've tried from Myprotein are good but my favorites so far are maple, toffee, chocolate and banana. Cookie dough from Gymqueen was really good too.
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    Generally all flavours I've tried from Myprotein are good but my favorites so far are maple, toffee, chocolate and banana. Cookie dough from Gymqueen was really good too.

That's great Sam! I have tried most of the Walden farms ones as they're available at my local grocery store, I'll shop around for the myprotein brand to give them a try.
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    My grief counselor has suggested I try journaling to acknowledge sadness about my father's death and turn it to gratefulness for the moments and memories I had with him. I've never been good with self-care habits, I even struggle to do prescribed physio exercises that I KNOW will reduce physical pain. Lots of people in this group have commented about journaling, and personal habit reflections. Do you set aside a specific time and place for it daily? I guess I have to get a mindset of this is something I want, and not to see it as a chore because then I will just procrastinate. As it's winter, my evenings after dinner are usually just wasted sitting in the dark on the couch watching tv until I get to go to bed so there's no excuse that I don't have time. I just need the will. Anyone have recommendations?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I have an all-day reminder in my calendar so I can do it any time really. I try to journal during my working day (it's in my desk drawer at home) because I find if I leave it to the evening, I often get distracted and it doesn't happen. Previously, I've had it in my bedside drawer but I like privacy to write so if OH was going to bed at the same time, that didn't work either.
  • jugar
    Options
    I am just putting up the new February chat thread - here it is! Please continue to weigh in here through the end of Saturday. Get started on introductions and plans for February on the new chat:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855050/waistaways-team-chat-february-2022/p1?new=1
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    1/27 exercise:
    46 minutes Peloton, 7934 steps

@happimess01 The vibrant colors of your fruit are making me drool!

Not much to report, I was on the Peloton right after work and then we had a video call with my mother in law that lasted nearly 3 hours! So, a little later than I thought, but it's Friday!! Hope everyone has some fun planned for the weekend.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Wow - great weigh-ins today people!!

Also, can't believe February is just around the corner... am I going to be saying that about every month now for the rest of time? :P
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @ells_bellz! We are glad to have you. Don't feel guilty or apologize, just get back on that cart and start driving it where you want to go. We all have our detours. Great that you are back and ready to take care of your health and get your life in order. You've got this!

@ashleycarole86 Welcome to another new decade, 170s!!! Well done!!!! You are amazing! Keep going! Have you set a new goal for yourself? Whatever it is, I have no doubt you'll achieve it.

@jugar Oh no! The snowshoes mustn't break. They are so trusty and comfy. But never fear, I am confident that even new shiny snowshoes will learn lots from your wise old self. You just need to show them where to go. Here in NC, we had a beautiful, fluffy 2 inches of snow last night.

This week has been crazy here to say the least. I have been busy, busy, busy. We had movers in to both houses to give us a moving estimate. That number was mind boggling!! Double digit thousands! :o My daughter had a realtor in on Tuesday, a potential buyer in on Wednesday, an offer on Thursday and signed a contract to sell her house. And a nice little profit to boot after owning it 5 years. They plan on paying some of her husbands medical bills off from last spring.

While I am weeding through unnecessary things in my house, thinning it, I am also too busy to snack, so my weight his holding steady and moving down slightly. (Sorry I missed my weigh in yesterday. Slipped my mind.). So everything is "thinning". LOL I even sat down at one point yesterday while my OH was going through a box and said, "I am not getting up from this seat until I have consumed this whole glass of water."

Next Monday, my daughter starts work remotely. That means Peter and I will be doing this "thinning" with an almost 4 year old running around the house. I'm putting that pipsqueak to work!!

Not done reading all the posts yet, but on my way. Wanted to post something.

<3 Michele
This discussion has been closed.