Love Your Health: Feb 2022 Challenge

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    2/17-2/21
    Not much to report here. Still arguing with the scale and trying really hard to only eat when hungry. I’ve basically eliminated any snacks at that 2-3pm period where I start to feel low on energy or just bored but the evenings are what get me. I had a healthy dinner last night and really wanted a snack while watching basketball but I tried to focus on anything other than food and brushed my teeth to avoid grazing. Still having carbs now and again but much more in moderation and some meals will be full carnivore. I agree with some of you on the exercise front- it totally helps me mentally by keeping a regular routine. I took a week to de-load on weights and did more HIIT routines and have gone back to heavier weights this week for the next 8. With the month almost over, I’ll be looking to March to be more successful for losing. Measurements next week may show some NSV changes though.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    not much to report. Forgot to weight this morning. The scale will show me cheek anyway. I know I'm doing things right. KCKO.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    2022 ~ Feb 23 ~ 165.6 lbs

Starting weight: 8/26/21 - 214 lbs
    9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

February 2022 Goals: Get down to 170 or lower
    Overall Goal: 150 lbs or lower

And there it is! Good thing because I'm doing line dancing again tonight. So if I gain almost 4 pounds in one day from doing it and it takes 2 days to lose it and get to my lowest weight, I guess I can handle it. LOL! This really shouldn't surprise me. But what does surprise me is how quickly I recovered. Went dancing for 90 minutes Sunday night. Monday I could barely move. Yesterday I was a little sore but not too bad. Today...I feel great! In the past it would have taken me a week to recover.

Happy Hump Day!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @NYPhotographer2021 really loving your reports! Keeps me motivated to stay the course these days.

Rest day yesterday. Water yep, plank yep, fam came for dinner so not much else besides work LOL
    CW 169.5 really hoping for a good drop soon.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Had a rest day yesterday. Today did 20 minutes of strength exercises with light weights then a nice 10 minute stretch session to relax. Going to try and do the strength workouts more often than the cardio for a while and try to increase how much I can do on that to see if that gives me the results I want. I’m finally a normal weight but a bit flabby still and I want to be strong and toned again if possible! I don’t know, it may be too late at my age but I’m sure I can improve at least.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Had a rest day yesterday. Today did 20 minutes of strength exercises with light weights then a nice 10 minute stretch session to relax. Going to try and do the strength workouts more often than the cardio for a while and try to increase how much I can do on that to see if that gives me the results I want. I’m finally a normal weight but a bit flabby still and I want to be strong and toned again if possible! I don’t know, it may be too late at my age but I’m sure I can improve at least.

Certainly worth a try!
    You'll def get stronger again, and I'm sure there will be improvement on the flab. Not perfection, but better is better.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Scale is dumb. 178.6 still... Eating keto and exercising. KCKO
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    @NYPhotographer2021 really loving your reports! Keeps me motivated to stay the course these days.

Rest day yesterday. Water yep, plank yep, fam came for dinner so not much else besides work LOL
    CW 169.5 really hoping for a good drop soon.

That's awesome, thank you! Anyone who does planks, inspire me. I'm not so good at those. I'm building up! Keep it going Tish!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options

I'm in the same boat. I am not at my goal weight yet, but I can tell how much weight I've lost because of how flabby my skin is. At 58 years of age, I'm not expecting to tighten that up anytime soon. But I need to start working on toning too. Especially my arms and thighs. My belly I think is a goner. No string bikinis for me! LOL! But if I can get some muscle in my arms and thighs, that might help fill in the wrinkles in those places so I can wear short sleeves and shorts this summer! My calves are excellent! So maybe capris at least, eh? We can do it!
  • taylok23
    Options
    2/22-2/23
    Still bouncing around on the scale but I was successful in thwarting my saboteur tonight as well as my inner devil. I knew I wasn’t hungry after dinner and kept repeating that to myself when my mind moved to available snacks. A couple of wins in the books for today!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    2022 ~ Feb 24 ~ 167.2 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

A slight increase again. I'm not as sore as I was the 1st time which is good, but I am sore. It was fun and that's the main thing, right? Again, it was late when I got home last night so I didn't eat my calories back. They say to eat back half the exercise calories burned, but I'm not sure if MFP even calculates that correctly. According to my fitbit, I did 5830 steps and burned 1889 kcal. Here it says I burned 481 kcal. Anyway, I never eat that late. I assume that I can eat the exercise calories before I actually exercise? I don't know. An extra 200 - 250 calories sounds hard to do! But I think I can do it. Sacrifices. LOL!

So by Saturday, I should be back down. Let's see if that holds true! Classes are on Wednesdays and I plan to keep up the cardio by walking and practicing the steps until then. And start throwing in some toning sessions. These last 15-20 pounds are going to be hard to shed, so I guess it's time I start exercising! At least it's fun!

Have a great day!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    For 2/23/22
    SW 170
    CW 169
    GW 167

Daily plank challenge ✔
    80 oz water daily ✔
    Under 60 carbs daily✔
    Movement ✔ Leslie Sansone 30 video
    Meal prep-❌ still failing on this one

We took my out of town cousin out for wings last night, those were the best I think I've ever had! I feel incredibly full this morning though so just coffee until lunch maybe.
  • baconslave
    Options
    scale up a pound. For no reason. Not surprised. Annoyed yes. This is The Way. I know that. KCKO

Another busy day. Eldest kiddo's car is out of commission and the spare car didn't have brakes this morning so I had to take her to the university. So I'll have to pick her up. And I probably won't get to exercise today since the pick-up time is during my exercise time. Oh well. It's fine I'm sure. Feeling kinda achy in the joints today anyway.

KCKO
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    2022 ~ Feb 25 ~ 166.8 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs
    1/31/22 - 176.2 lbs

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat. I am not at my goal weight yet, but I can tell how much weight I've lost because of how flabby my skin is. At 58 years of age, I'm not expecting to tighten that up anytime soon. But I need to start working on toning too. Especially my arms and thighs. My belly I think is a goner. No string bikinis for me! LOL! But if I can get some muscle in my arms and thighs, that might help fill in the wrinkles in those places so I can wear short sleeves and shorts this summer! My calves are excellent! So maybe capris at least, eh? We can do it!

Oh yes, same here, I want to be able to wear sleeveless tops in the summer instead of covering up the whole time! And my thighs are truly awful, they have always been where I hold most of my fat so you can imagine what they’re like after years of no exercise and bad diet. Like you my calves are good though so yes, capris for the summer at least!

But I think I can improve enough to feel OK about wearing summer clothes again. I don’t need to be perfect or even as good as they were in my twenties but they do need to be what I would consider ok for my age.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

Feb Weight 2/1/22: 234.8
    End of Feb Goal 2/28/22: 230.0
    2/25: 228.0

Numbers for Yesterday:
    Steps: 4,085
    Cals: 1,470
    Carbs: 48g
    Water: 135.2
  • baconslave
    Options
    The pound is gone again. Still a half pound over my Feb low. So much scale silliness.
    Doing pretty good on the day to day. Hope to not get my exercise deferred again.
    And just KCKO. It's pretty easy at this point. If I'm dying for a sweet, I just make a low-carb one. They are hella calories so I save it for after dinner on Saturday.

Just trying to be patient and trust the process.
  • taylok23
    Options
    2/24
    On the bright side, can I say I must be damn good at maintenance? Because after a bit of a bump this month I’m pretty much staying within a pound range day to day. But arrrrgggghhhh what happened to losing?? My mind knows the weights are likely adding muscle but my heart wants that number on the scale to plummet. When I work that out, I’ll let you know!