Workouts, Exercise & Activity

Options
I have an education and experience in the fitness and nutrition field. However, my sedentary desk job has taken over.

No excuses, other than wanting to earn money. My health is better than money and I know better!

So, I came across the attached video and got a gentle kick in the butt.

I used to know a woman on Sparkpeople who marched in place. Well, I did Walk Away The Pounds and thought I was better. The kick in the butt part? The young lady in the YouTube video didn't say, "Ha Ha I'm better than you!" Did she?

So, people can laugh all they want at me. I am going to march in place.

https://youtu.be/VT4Ofb6pKl0

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Heck, marching in place is great!
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thank you beccaboo! There is one thing I need to exercise with and that is music. How about you?
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I march in place for at least 20 minutes a day. I love doing it to the beat of music.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    I march in place for at least 20 minutes a day. I love doing it to the beat of music.

As my roommate would say, "awesome dude"!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was not much of my workouts as my back is still in quite a bit of pain. But got exercise cleaning Mom's apartment for the very last time.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Back is still sore but not as often. My stretching seems to be helping. Hopefully I will be back on track soon.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Back is still sore but not as often. My stretching seems to be helping. Hopefully I will be back on track soon.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Do you ever search on YouTube for stretches? What about Tai Chi?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I do use YouTube to get ideas for my workouts. That's how I learned my yoga poses I do.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thank you beccaboo! There is one thing I need to exercise with and that is music. How about you?

I love to exercise to music, and do housework to music, too. I was listening to the Marshall Tucker band today. I hadn't listened to them in years!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    I rather have music on all day and no tv. Keeps me motivated to just move. Of course Hubby gets upset if I don't let him watch tv starting around 4 pm. My solution is to put in my earbuds and listen to my music.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I usually need a fan on for my day-to-day routine. However, when I use the fitness pedal exerciser, I listen to podrunner.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Bought myself a Fitbit yesterday finally. I am enjoying my first day of it so far.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 , I cannot afford a Fitbit. I like pedometers, but cannot find a good pedometer. I have a pedometer for my shoe, but even if I wear all day, the contraption only says 2,000 or so steps.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Normally I wouldn't have been able to afford it either. I received a gift that helped me pay for it.

Today I got out the rebounder and did some jogging. I even bought a step to use for step-ups.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    My strength is getting better and more consistent. Now I need to up my cardio.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Most of my workouts got done.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    All but rebound jogging done! Woohoo!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Exercise completed
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I really would like to practice Tai Chi. However, one cannot burn that many calories.
    Then, there is Tae Bo. However, my bones are not strong enough.
    I like to use my fitness pedal exerciser, which is like a stationary bike, but you can sit anywhere. But, I just get bored.
    Yes, I can march in place, but then I also get bored.
    I am tired of Leslie Sansone, Joyce Vedral and Richard Simmons.
    I do like Jane Fonda, but when she works out, she does not exercise to the beat of the music.

LOL What a predicament.