edited February 2022
    Options
    🌱πŸͺ΄πŸŒŸπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±πŸŒŸπŸŒ±πŸͺ΄πŸŒŸπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    🌱BUILDING HEALTHY HABITSπŸͺ΄πŸŒ±
    πŸͺ΄πŸŒ± 🌟FEBRUARY 2022 🌟🌱πŸͺ΄
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    πŸ”Ήconsolidate current habits
    πŸ”Ήextend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 18/28 days

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises. (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    (I love to see those squares fill up πŸ˜‚)
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers πŸ˜‚
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    @donna25trinity
    πŸ‘πŸ» Getting it done.

πŸ¦„ Terri
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Jan 22 thru Feb 20: All great: calories exercise protein fiber sodium AND I’ve slashed my saturated fat to 1/3 of what it was.

30/30 days!!βœ…

identity habits: 18/18 βœ…
    shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Setting clear boundaries - finallyπŸ’•

17/18 days 1😘
    😘 = not tracked to gram, but tracked
    Will keep tracking this!

18/18 steps

18/18 freggies salad!! Going very well. Added in pears this week! Salads are awesome (after a few years of having no desire for them).

24.2 BMI < 24.9 βœ”οΈ
    In my Maintenance Range? YESπŸŽ‰βœ”οΈ

8 days left in February! We can get a lot healthier in 8 days!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    A book from my hold shelf finally showed up .... "How to train (your BRAIN) like an Olympian" as in Olympic athlete. Author: Jean François Menard

It is about translating the mental training of resilience, focus, etc that happens along side the physical work leading up to those short minutes of "make the podium or not" and translates them into office and "real life".

I am only partway through the intro, but I will let you know what it is like.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 18/28 days

We had a wonderful lunch today in the Members Room at Parliament Buildings in Belfast today. It was a farewell lunch for our Dance Group leaders, who are moving house.
    πŸ¦„ Terri

• BMcC9
    Options
    I kinda-sorta rebooted the "functionally strong senior" bit this morning. At least, I showed up for it ... I skimmed through all the offerings on the Reps To The Rhythm YouTube Channel (where I was doing the seated ab work all last month) and found another ab one that is 10 minutes long, more challenging at the full level, BUT included both regular AND easier versions of each move. I watched (to assess doability) while jogging on my mini trampoline.

Tomorrow, I will start alternating 10 mins abs one morning / 10 mins arms the next.
  • sewfast
    sewfast Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm doing what I can. It was confirmed by testing that we did have covid in our compound, so by symptoms it's highly probable that we did as well. We have recovered, but our energy level is not back to par yet. I don't think I can make it up the hill without being winded. I have been checking with my pulse oximeter with activity, so I don't overdo and get myself in trouble out in the boondocks. πŸ˜‰ I have been able to keep up with my creative goals. Almost finished with a crochet afghan and some onesies for my daughter. There is a Cricut craftfest this week (online cutting workshop), so I am doing some learning. One day at a time...
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I am a Functionally Strong Senior . I did the new ab routine this morning before work (first half on "easier" as holding center of gravity was a big part / "regular" for second half as more floor-work based)

πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    @sewfast soz to hear u hve been unwell. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Doing well with habits and am tweaking a few to suit my schedule as I realised I hve an awesome morning routine that I fit a billion things into but not much happening at night which leads to boredom. In saying that I am less likely to actually do habits at night. So it's a bit of a balancing act between giving it a go, trusting my self, and changing my mindset belief
    " that if I leave it till the eveining it won't get done". So I've started a new glute workout which I'm loving and instead of trying to squeeze it in the am I will do in the pm. Also i hve moved my beach swim to pm as well. I do Morning mediation and hve also been trying to do a night time meditation but this is something I'm def struggling with, not too sure why. Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Jan 22 thru Feb 23: All great: calories exercise protein fiber sodium AND I’ve slashed my saturated fat to 1/3 of what it was.

33/33 days!!βœ…

identity habits: 21/21 βœ…
    shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Setting clear boundaries - finallyπŸ’•
    Feb 23: yep! Did it again!

20/21 days 1😘
    😘 = not tracked to gram, but tracked
    Will keep tracking this!

21/21steps

21/21 freggies salad!! Going very well. Added in pears this week! Salads are awesome (after a few years of having no desire for them).

24.0 BMI < 24.9 βœ”οΈ
    In my Maintenance Range? YESπŸŽ‰βœ”οΈ

5 days left in February!
    I’m planning to make them count!

Got my every 2 month labs done yesterday.
    Every single one is perfect. I cleaned up my eating completely & began a low does statin. So some of it was medically induced, but some was also less sat fat, very low sodium, no sugar etc over the past 33 days.

Feeling leaner & happy!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    Meeting my goals this week but thinking of making some smaller and more personal focused ones like, put away the clean laundry don’t leave it in the basket in the spare room. Sort and organize the mail in 1 spot and of course work to continue on healthy me habits. A harder group then it appears as you need to really know what you want to work on in your own life. I got this though it’s been good for me.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Meeting my goals this week but thinking of making some smaller and more personal focused ones like, put away the clean laundry don’t leave it in the basket in the spare room. Sort and organize the mail in 1 spot and of course work to continue on healthy me habits. A harder group then it appears as you need to really know what you want to work on in your own life. I got this though it’s been good for me.

@snowshoe072
    Great insights! As you journey on, your path becomes clearer & clearer. Many quit too soon. You do have this; persistence wins.

I turned to NOOM at some point in my weight loss. Each week, they asked me, what Do you want to work on this week?

This became an internalized pattern for me. So during the week, I’d be noticing things that needed attention, and I chose one to work on the following week (while maintaining all the previous habits.)

This approach set up a mindset of continual, gradual improvement.

You’ve got this!

Since laundry is often weekly, you could do that one over a month.

Sorting/organizing mail - I learned a tip awhile back that I use (and my husband β€” after decades β€” just began YAY!)
    We get the mail, walk to outside recycling bin, and toss all the advertising etc.

So only the mail we want or need to deal with comes into our home. Helps a lot to make bill paying more manageable

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    πŸ”Ή Solid Daily Habits: 24/28 days

πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    I have been working on an in-depth annual review of my health/fitness strategies to help me analyse my way forward. Progress has been steady.
    • I have developed a raft of solid habits which are now well established.
    • I feel that I have created a level of integration between mind, body and spirit which supports my personal ethos of life.
    • I am open to exploring new ideas and incorporating them into my life where they are beneficial to me.
    • I am a miracle in progress πŸ˜‚

πŸ¦„ Terri

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 yeah I got this but my laundry is 3 adults who like cloths lol! My mail k should say our mail is usually sorted much like yours but get left on the kitchen table even though I have a really cool mail holder one to work on !
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Looking ahead to March, I am going to investigate positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.

The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.

Starting early on this.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 1 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 1
  • dkr529
    dkr529 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    • Outcome goal: Lose 66.7 more pounds to reach my goal weight and then maintain my goal weight.
    • Process (habit): Workout at the gym for a minimum of 30 mins 5 days a week.
    • Identity: I want to become a fitness fanatic.

The February habit I set for myself to work towards reaching my above goals was:
    β€œSet my alarm on Monday through Friday for 4:30am, walk to the gym (0.5 mile), do a minimum of 20 minutes of cardio + 10 minutes of strength training, and walk back home (0.5 mile).”

βœ… So far in February I’ve been to the gym and/or exercised at home 18 of 25 days so I think that’s a pretty good start.

While I haven’t exactly been sticking to this goal to the letter, I have been pretty good about getting to the gym this month, and I have started to add in some strength training to my workouts on the days I have time. Towards the end of the month I’ve been having trouble waking up early because I work 10-12 hours a day, then come home and study until late and then I don’t want to get up that early in the morning. But I’ve been making up for that by going to the gym with my husband right before bed on most of the days I miss going in the mornings. I much prefer going in the mornings when I can get my tired butt out of the bed at 4:30am.

You all are doing fantastic. Although I don’t always have a lot of time to respond, I love reading about everyone’s journey. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Donna R.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Looking ahead to March, I am going to investigate positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.

The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.

Starting early on this.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 1 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 1

Hi Terri @TerriRichardson112

After watching a telehealth lecture where the doctor stated it’s best not to eat after 7pm (to lower chance of heart disease, diabetes etc.), my husband sent me this article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-60291027

β€œThe surprising link between what you eat & how you sleep β€œ which also stressed that we are not designed to be eating or awake at night.

So, I’m also brainstorming ideas. I’ve shifted my 3 meals later over time, but I’m thinking perhaps it would be better to go back to earlier. My one insight has been to do this switch very gradually. Maybe 1/2 hour earlier meals, awakening, and bedtime each month. (I tend to do better with gradual changes.)

Still mulling this over. With hot weather coming, seems like awakening early will give more more cooler hours to do my activities. Likely switch my walks to earlier in AM.

Pondering…
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    I have read that in several places. I am conte shifting my deadline back 30 minutes at the end of each 10 days.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    I have read that in several places. I am conte shifting my deadline back 30 minutes at the end of each 10 days.

Back? Or forwards?

Funny thing is I read awhile back that it didn’t matter when we ate…

I have to say it makes sense to eat earlier.