This February I Will....

Options
12346»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Jan 22 thru Feb 26: All great: calories exercise protein fiber sodium AND I’ve slashed my saturated fat to 1/3 of what it was.

36 days!!✅

identity habits: 24/24 ✅
    shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Setting clear boundaries - finally💕

22/24 days 1😘
    😘 = not tracked to gram, but tracked
    Will keep tracking this!

24/24 steps - Steep hike today!! Very pleased. Feeling stronger.

24/24 freggies yes!

24.1 BMI < 24.9 ✔️
    In my Maintenance Range? YES🎉✔️

2 days left in February!
    I’m planning to make them count!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    9pm —> 8.30pm —> 8pm
    I’m circumventing an unhelpful habit by creating a new habit.

As in all aspects of life, there are so many opinions and factors at play. All we can do is consider the evidence, and decide what works for us.

Are we eating because we are hungry? Bored? Emotional? Distracted? Out of habit?
    Each circumstance requires a different solution.

• TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2022
    Options
    🪴🌟🪴🌱🌟🌱🪴🌟🪴
    🪴BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🪴
    🪴🌱FEBRUARY 2022 🌱🪴
    🪴🌟🪴🌱🌟🌱🪴🌟🪴
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    🔹consolidate current habits
    🔹extend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    🔹 Solid Daily Habits: 27/28 days

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises. (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    (I love to see those squares fill up 😂)
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers 😂
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    Looking ahead to March, I am going to investigate positive Identity-based habits.
    Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.

The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.

Starting early on this.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 3 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 3

🦄 Terri
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Habits been good this week and for the month of Feb. My eating and grazing has been a problem this month I think it's stress related so this will be my area of focus for March. Xox
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I haven’t had much opportunity to post this month, but I’ve been reading your updates and it’s wonderful to see identity based habits taking root! So much so that our March challenge that I will post tonight will be a continuation of this theme. And I love that several of you have already decided what your focus next month will be.

I didn’t end up using our new rebounder very much this month. It’s in the cellar and the cellar is too cold for me right now to be much of a draw. But I did work on deepening my identity as someone who is open to new things. When I use my VR fitness app, I am exploring new music types, games, and singers. Music I would easily have overlooked before in favor of my old favorites.

Haven’t forgotten about Maddie’s request to post about my experience with VR fitness. I will do that in March.

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,191 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I’ve been quiet on this board but know that I have been encouraged by your posts and I have been doing my paper based tracking. One of my habits is to spend less time online. So ✅ for that for the month of February!

I am finding winter SOOO difficult this year. For March (well, March 1-20) I am going to focus on “Walking towards spring” and have joined a group where we will each walk outdoors for 15 minutes minimum each day. We’ll each be practicing mindful awareness and posting photos of our outdoor walks each day to encourage each other along. I need the prompt to acknowledge gratitude right now and this is something that will help me.

My daily decluttering and organizing has been fruitful and rewarding. Goodness, it is endless, so may as well make it enjoyable….

Walking 10,000+ steps each day but for a few days this past week as my immune system did not respond well to my fourth vaccine (second booster). My habit of rising and putting on the socks and shoes first thing is embedded now. It has really helped.

It has also helped that I’ve been sleeping well. The iPhone ban from the bedroom has been instrumental and my small habits to create that success have been key.

Our masking mandate disappears today so I am really looking forward to weather that is more hospitable to outdoor activities.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🪴🌟🪴🌱🌟🌱🪴🌟🪴
    🪴BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🪴
    🪴🌱FEBRUARY 2022 🌱🪴
    🪴🌟🪴UPDATE🪴🌟🪴
    🪴🌟🪴🌱🌟🌱🪴🌟🪴
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    🔹consolidate current habits
    🔹extend January Flexibility habit from 10 to 15 minutes.
    🔹 Solid Daily Habits: 27/28 days

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises. (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    (I love to see those squares fill up 😂)
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers 😂

I have been doing a flex workout immediately after my morning cardio workout, plus various stretches before/after exercises sessions. It’s fairly well established now, so feeling accomplished about February

Looking ahead to March, I am going to investigate positive Identity-based habits.
    Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.

The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.

Starting early on this.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 4 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 4

🦄 Terri