March Mindfulness Challenge 2022

Options

Replies

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I decided I would limit my social media activity and not allow myself to check it after dinner. Didn’t quite manage to avoid it completely but I did go a couple of hours just actually watching tv and focusing on the programmes instead of constantly looking at other things. It was good.

Today I had to work late so made myself sit down and have dinner before I came on here. So I’m feeling nicely full and relaxed.

All the awful things happening in the world right now has been stressing me out so this was the right thing to do. It’s reminded me of how lucky I am to be where I am and to have what I have. No my life isn’t perfect and I’m having to eat a very restrictive diet but I have a lot of good things in my life.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    March 3 ~ 165.6
    No change from yesterday. I feel like I've been hit by a freight train though. Our line dance instructor really took us through the wringer last night! According to my Fitbit, I walked 8432 steps, but that was for the whole day. I did a lot of walking at the office yesterday. My feet, legs, back and shoulders were killing me. But I had fun! I guess that's the main thing...to have fun while exercising. So I've accomplished that! Have a great day!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    SW 170
    CW 168.5
    GW 165 (3/31)

80oz water daily - Almost
    Keep carbs under 40 - 39
    Keep cal between 1200-1300 - 1182
    Do my house stairs 10x a day - 6
    Get in 5000 steps a day regardless of my planned exercise - 3926
    Better meal prep-portioning out all snacks-nothing-kids came for dinner
    Use my stand up desk at least 1 hour a day - YES!!
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Having to rethink my diet again, suffering awful symptoms again after cutting out dairy. My body hates too much dairy but it also hates zero carb and zero dairy. Symptoms are so bad I can’t carry on. Looked over my food and symptoms diary and I feel my absolute best when I’m eating carnivore with limited lactose free dairy. So that’s what I’m going back to.

Going to focus for the rest of the month on how I’m feeling after eating and narrow down exactly what I need. Mindful eating with the focus on exactly how it makes my body feel, not just my stomach but everything else.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    3/2/22

Under 100 carbs daily = 47
    Be active 3x a week for at least 20 minutes. Took a 25 minute walk while dinner cooked
    Eat more produce. yes, added a salad to dinner.

Yesterday I stuck to my goals and it was good. Today I've come to work a little underprepared but I'm sure I can work it out to stay on track.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    3/2 My eating is going well ......I haven't worked out due to migraines/headaches and hip pain.. I just can't catch a break ...carbs are in check ..water is on point

I'm sorry. The right side of my body especially hip, neck and shoulder just won't quit hurting me.
    Will this crap leave us alone soon, please!
    Wishing you feel better asap! :heart:
  • baconslave
    Options
    I logged.
    I also ate a big handful of nuts I didn't log b/c I was stressed. I may have to pre-portion them earlier and brush my teeth before coming downstairs to shoo the kids all to their rooms for the night.

Otherwise...did good. Just walked yesterday. I was going to do some arms today, but I slept wrong on my already pissy neck/shoulder so that's a nope. At least I'll still be moving.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,245 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    3/2 My eating is going well ......I haven't worked out due to migraines/headaches and hip pain.. I just can't catch a break ...carbs are in check ..water is on point

I'm sorry. The right side of my body especially hip, neck and shoulder just won't quit hurting me.
    Will this crap leave us alone soon, please!
    Wishing you feel better asap! :heart:

Thanks I hope you feel better soon too ... My Dr had me on gabapendin 300mg for my hips which did nothing ...I quit taking it on Feb 28th due to crying out of the blue, mood changes, felt like my chest was going to come out of my chest, anxiety (which I never experienced) it was awful ... Dr called today so I told him about it and he said don't take it I felt like saying duh lol
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    March 4 ~ 165.8
    Still no loss. I shouldn't be surprised but I am! LOL! Oh well, just do as baconslave always says: Keep calm and Keto on. And so I shall! Have a beautiful day today!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    SW 170
    CW 169
    GW 165 (3/31)

80oz water daily -
    Keep carbs under 40 - 39
    Keep cal between 1200-1300 - 1284
    Do my house stairs 10x a day - 6
    Get in 5000 steps a day regardless of my planned exercise - 4107 plus 45 min spinning
    Better meal prep-set up some single serve containers for nuts & Lilys choc chips
    Use my stand up desk at least 1 hour a day -
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    3/3 was an okay day but I ate past being satisfied at dinner then realized it was quite as good as I thought. Now why didn’t that realization hit sooner?? Holding steady on the scale. I took measurements today and it appears I dropped in my bicep, chest and hips by 1/4”, 3/4” and 1/2” respectively, was the same in the waist and increased in my quad by 1/2”. I assume the latter is due to increasing weights for squats and deadlifts. I compared pics and they are fairly similar for my legs but I’m seeing more tone in my abs, so bonus there! If I could only target love handles on my short waist!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    3/3/22

Under 100 carbs daily
    = 36
    Be active 3x a week for at least 20 minutes= Did not get a chance. B-day dinner for FIL.
    Eat more produce. Yes. Got a Subway no bread bowl for lunch and it was full of veggies. Had a salad and broccoli with dinner.

Calories are a bit higher than usual but I'm not worrying about that right now as I'm adapting back to low carb. Family is stressing me more than usual but I'm determined not to be derailed.
  • baconslave
    Options
    burning fibro pain...oof. Neck is still special but better so more "just walking" today.
    Scale went up .2 more which is not as much as I expected because I devoured some very salty delicious pork shoulder yesterday.

Just trying to KCKO.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    So focusing on exactly how my food is making me feel is really helping me figure things out.

My carnivore journey has gone really well as long as I stick to a narrow range of dairy intake and a small amount of animal based carbs. But it’s become clear to me that I have to stick to goat yogurt with a lactase enzyme for my carb intake. Cows yogurt triggers a mucous and congestion flare up but I can only buy lactose free yogurt in cows dairy.

Really having to think about this now. Will have to decide whether to keep going like this which has been working for me over the last six months or say I need to look at being more animal based and try other foods that could give me the digestive and energy results without the dairy. Dropping dairy on carnivore has had such unpleasant effects for me every time that it’s not something I’m prepared to try again.

Ideally I should be without dairy, that’s clear. But carnivore without dairy isn’t working for me. My only other option is some form of animal based diet, still really meat heavy but including some other foods that keep my gut happy and provide a small level of carbs for my energy levels.

I shall have a think about this. Carnivore has healed so much for me, I really don’t want to go back to how I felt before. But I guess it’s possible that I could still get the same results from a more animal based approach.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    My body is in maintenance mode, whether I want to be or not. LOL! I am okay with it though. While I'm not where I would like to be yet, I am in a good place weight-wise. I just have to wait for my body to catch up I guess. My knees no longer bother me and I can walk normally now! So that is always a good thing! I just have to concentrate on doing so and hopefully my hips will fall in place soon.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Spent some time really thinking carefully about my situation, shutting out the world and focusing on it. Then had a discussion with my boyfriend who is always a voice of reason. Have decided for now to stick with the carnivore and goat dairy option.

Goat dairy doesn’t flare up my other issues and only became a problem after a week so probably just a lactose build up issue. On balance I think having to take a lactase enzyme is a small price to pay for having a calm stomach and enough energy to live my life and exercise.

Adding other foods has just not gone well for me before. I think I’m tired of constant changes and just want to settle in to a food routine and relax. Taking a lactase enzyme isn’t really much different than taking a daily vitamin for example. I just need to keep the cheese in check, not eat that daily.

I managed to do a half hour workout today and felt so amazing afterwards. As I’ve said before, when I eat limited diary carnivore I feel great physically. So why try and start all over again. Keep doing what works.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Scale surprisingly dropped 1.6lb. Tomorrow it will pop up, down, and around. That is The Way. But that's a new low since the pandemic creep got me. Focusing on not eating too many cals today. KCKO
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Today's a new day! A new week! We got this! <3
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    SW 170
    CW 167.5
    GW 165 (3/31)

80oz water daily - ✖✖
    Keep carbs under 40 - ✔✔
    Keep cal between 1200-1300 - ✔✔
    Do my house stairs 10x a day - 2, 6
    Get in 5000 steps a day regardless of my planned exercise - 1403, 4388
    Better meal prep-portioning out all snacks- ✖✖
    Use my stand up desk at least 1 hour a day - ✔, n/a

Headed to the gym shortly for an elliptical workout then we have bowling tonight 😊