March Mindfulness Challenge 2022

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    3/5-3/6
    I didn’t log the last few days so calories were likely high but I decided to take a few days off. I had a couple of drinks with full on carnivore grilling and wound up with major heartburn. I’ve been loose with my eating the last couple of weeks and my body consistently is telling me to dial it back. Guess I should listen!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    3/6 food on point ... did a Leslie Sansone walking dvd...3.15 miles ...416 cals in 51 minutes :)
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    OK I have a new plan! Of course I do, where would I be without changing my mind every five minutes lol.

My histamine reaction is flaring up again due to the yogurt. So I absolutely have to find a solution to this. So my plan now is to drop the yogurt but keep eating a little cheese every few days. In theory this should help to stop the digestive upset I get when I drop the yogurt. For my energy levels I’m going to try eating more which means eating more at breakfast since I’m already eating until full at my other meals and maybe also eating until I’m completely stuffed rather than just full at my other meals. For my cramps etc I’m taking some supplements. Then I can adjust my cheese intake based on my digestive situation and over time adjust my food intake and supplements.

Let’s hope this works!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    SW 170
    CW 166.5
    GW 165 (3/31)

80oz water daily - ✖ Have been lazy (distracted)
    Keep carbs under 40 - ✔
    Keep cal between 1200-1300 - ✔
    Do my house stairs 10x a day - 4
    Get in 5000 steps a day regardless of my planned exercise - ✔
    Better meal prep-portioning out all snacks- apple slices so that I can have 1/4 apple a day with PB2
    Use my stand up desk at least 1 hour a day - n/a on Sunday

Haven't been below 167 in a few years so that was a nice confirmation of lowering my carbs. The carb slide is REAL!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    3/4-3/5-3/6/22
    Under 100 carbs daily =36 - 36 - 33
    Be active 3x a week for at least 20 minutes= Friday walked during lunch break at work. Saturday hiked.
    Eat more produce= somewhat- yes- yes
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Up again. 166.8. I screwed up yesterday though. My fault for not planning. Back at it today. Yesterday, I did start light lifting with dumbells...3 lbs. Just trying to get a routine going for my upper body, particularly my upper arms. Once I get upper body down pat, then I'll work on my mid section and legs.
    Namaste all you beautiful people!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Mar 8 ~ 166.2 - down a tad. Made myself feel better and went to JCP and bought some boots! Massive sale...4 pairs and paid only $30.89! I bought a pair I never would have dreamed I would ever buy, much less wear...

nitpuq068e5w.jpg

Have a wonderful day!
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/7
    Relatively good day but I did some snacking after dinner. Totally wasn’t hungry and the scale jumped a bit this morning but I assume it is water weight. I’m completely aware that I’m not listening to hunger cues so now to break the darn habit. I do fine early in the day and grab coffee mid afternoon if I need something for boredom. I work too hard to just bail in the evenings so I’ll keep telling myself that and find ways to overcome it. Have a good week everyone!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    3/7/22

Under 100 carbs daily = 29
    Be active 3x a week for at least 20 minutes= Took a walking break at work, got rained on lol
    Eat more produce= yes, veggie serving in my lunch and I made a big salad with dinner.

Down 2.2 lbs. Probably water weight so we'll see if it stays gone. Still struggling with headaches that I'm not sure are being caused by stress, weather, or electrolytes. I'm using my rehydrate solution and eating a lot of salt but I'll keep on it to try to shake them.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Mar 8 ~ 166.2 - down a tad. Made myself feel better and went to JCP and bought some boots! Massive sale...4 pairs and paid only $30.89! I bought a pair I never would have dreamed I would ever buy, much less wear...

nitpuq068e5w.jpg

Have a wonderful day!

noice boots!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Here I am all busy. Hit another new post-pandemic-chubb low. 176.4. I will enjoy that while I have it.

Didn't do as well on Saturday as I wanted but it wasn't a blowout. Got into the nuts. I need to put them out of sight instead of on the counter to grab a bunch of handfuls of after having adult beverages...not at my most rational then. :joy:
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    New food routine going well, didn’t have any lightheaded episodes and only had a little dip in energy this afternoon. So a really good start, seems like I need to be eating a lot more than I thought I did.

Still focusing on my meals and how they’re making me feel, this is really helping.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Stats for 3/7 and 3/8

SW 170
    CW 166.5
    GW 165 (3/31)

80oz water daily - closer but still not there
    Keep carbs under 40 - ✔X
    Keep cal between 1200-1300 - ✔✔
    Do my house stairs 10x a day - 5, 5 ( tough one to meet need to be more intentional with it)
    Get in 5000 steps a day exercise or daily count- 2482, 1106 (had to change this, prior way too hard to measure)
    Better meal prep-portioning out all snacks- Think I'm going to drop this goal
    Use my stand up desk at least 1 hour a day - xx

So yesterday was a bust. Strong storm came through Monday night and we lost power. Didn't get it back until 4PM yesterday. I couldn't work and house temp dropped to 56°. I could have used the opportunity to workout and warm up but power outages tend to paralyze me mentally and I hate that. Even though I went over 40 carbs yesterday (tomato soup and crackers to warm me up) I stayed under 60 so I'm ok with that.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    3/8/22

Under 100 carbs daily = 33
    Be active 3x a week for at least 20 minutes= Walked on my break. Cool but sunny.
    Eat more produce= yes. Zoodles with lunch, carrots with dinner.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    3/9 We got up at 5am and left the house at 5:30am to go on our walk ..we walked 155 minutes ...6.69 miles and burned 829 calories ..Aspen the husky loved our walk and so did my daughter Alyssa
    Calories are on point..I think I am a couple over on carbs ...protein is good :)
  • taylok23
    Options
    3/8 was an excellent day until my saboteur did something rational and cooked some tater tots at dinner to aid in my quest to clean out the freezer. I have new appliances coming Saturday so we are attempting to cook more at home to lighten the load on what we switch from fridge to fridge this weekend. Did I need those delicious pockets of potato love? Nope, but I grazed in front of them anyway and gained a pound this morning. Now, I know that goes away tomorrow but still was dumb after having a low calorie, low carb day. 😤
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    W 170
    CW 166
    GW 165 (3/31)

80oz water daily - ✔
    Keep carbs under 40 - ✔
    Keep cal between 1200-1300 - ✔✔
    Do my house stairs 10x a day - 4
    Get in 5000 steps a day exercise or daily count- 2200
    Use my stand up desk at least 1 hour a day - ✔

I'm really over winter, but it sure is pretty outside today. My desk faces a northeast window and the sun is sparkling on the snow covered trees. I'll head out at lunch for a nice walk.