Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Morning routine
    Breakfast
    Wordle
    Quordle
    10 minutes core exercise.(non yoga days)
    balance poses

I should not have added "look in the mirror" today. Not exactly looking trim yet.
    I really don't want to become hyper focused on this and be discouraged.

Today I started with grape nuts, and I'm going to try to level out my carb intake through the day to see if that helps with the hangries.

I'm vain but I like to focus on the following reasons instead

Being trim is
    ...convenient
    ...healthy
    ...less expensive
    ...confidence building
    ...contributes to a feeling of control over my life (realistically aware there are few things that I can control)

Please share your reasons.

• zenobia9777
    Options
    I can see this is going to be one of those weeks you just have to hang in there until it starts to change again. It's just so difficult because it's so hard to calibrate how much to eat so that I don't start to feel bad. I definitely met my exercise goals. I will persevere!!!
  • zenobia9777
    edited March 2022
    Options

This is what I expected. I'm just glad I didn't go up this week.
    Age 63
    Height 5'3"
    2/22 132.6
    3/12 131
    3/20 127.2
    3/27 127.2

Have a great week!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Instead of logging exercise in my diary I will log it here and hope that I will keep more closely to my calorie intake

37 minutes brisk walk
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    60 minutes hot yoga 15 minutes stretching and cool down. Working at my edge and I could not do all the moves.

Very thankful I did not slip and fall onto the person next to me during the balancing poses. I recovered my balance.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    43 minutes dog walking. We need an hour but I was afraid we would get rained on.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    47 minutes dog walking. I should have checked the time and gone longer but I really thought we had gone an hour.

I did not do my core exercises video yesterday because I did not do it early. The new schedule of walking the dogs is good because it will get too hot soon for later in the day.

Even though I cut back a lot yesterday I did not really get hungry.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    I'm still slightly better with not getting too hungry so I must be doing something better with the carb level.
    I walked 50 minutes with the dogs and I did an hour of yoga today.

I will have to pay attention to the carb level and see what the magic number is going to e, but yoga days are probably going to be harder.

I'm ready to eat dinner at 4:00 p.m.!!!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Today I was out with the dogs for an hour and a half, but we seem to barely move because they wanted to stop and sniff at everything.

I was really good at cutting my calories to 1200 until yesterday. We wanted to go out to eat, which is always a problem. If the steakhouse hadn't been crazy crowded ( and this is on a Wednesday night so we don't understand it) that would not have been so bad. But I suddenly decided I wanted Kentucky Fried Chicken and that was a really terrible choice.

True confessions. Today I will do better.

• zenobia9777
    Options
    I want to make my own protein bars using whey protein because it is great to have a portable meal. Does anybody have a favorite recipe? I want something that will be chewy and you can cut it and it won't make a mess.

Thanks.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Yesterday was unplanned and it shows. I'll be gone a week in April and unable to count calories accurately and I don't even know if I can get much exercise. Same thing will happen in May.

It has been a good exercise to try to post every day but I may have to go to a new method.

At least I have revisited things that worked in the past and tried to remember what I learned.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    It really was impossible to count properly Wednesday through Saturday. I did not even put anything down yesterday. Back on the wagon and today I walked at least 45 minutes and did yoga for 75 minutes.

I will weigh again in a week but I don't really expect to have made any progress except that I can report my strength has really increased in yoga and I was able to do almost the entire 75 minutes.
  • zenobia9777
    edited March 2022
    Options
    67 minute walk. 1 hour yoga
    I don't really recommend it but I've been able to do yoga twice now without eating a little snack first. It surprises me because historically I've had very low blood sugar.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    43 minute walk
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    57 minute walk
    Yoga 1 hour
    February 22 132.6
    March 30 126.2
    Despite eating very poorly last week I still have managed to meet my goal of one pound per week. That is the result of the walking and yoga, I am sure
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Hi! You have some fun exercises!
  • zenobia9777
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Walking dogs 63 minutes .

We went out to eat last night so I ate hardly anything until then. At least I skipped the margarita which was a big help!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Ooh, post some canyon pictures!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    61 minutes
    1 hour yoga
  • zenobia9777
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Beautiful!

Here starts a week of visiting family and I may not be able to post very much. I'm going to try to stick with the program but if I eat that cupcake at my grandson's birthday party I don't know if I can eat chili tonight!