March 1st to May 31st challenge

Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    1 hour 35 minute walk. Saboteurs at Braun's.
  • zenobia9777
    Today my brother wants to walk this morning before he goes back home. So far he isn't awake yet. No Yoga scheduled.
  • zenobia9777
    Yesterday I worked in the garage eith my brother. After he left I was very exhausted.

I ended up eating too much and then last night I had an attack of mindless peanut eating. I did not even log that part.

So today I walked the dogs 83 minutes (3.33 miles) and I'm going to hot vinyasa yoga.

Just keep swimming...

• zenobia9777
    edited April 2022
    I wasn't quite as tired yesterday but I did have a another mindless attack of wanting to eat nuts. This time it was almonds.

Still, I think that I shouldn't walk so far, especially on a yoga day, because I couldn't get much else accomplished.

Today is a yoga day and I may just skip a walk because we went so far yesterday.

I just need to feel good about the priorities I set for the day. Whenever I get derailed and start eating badly it often has to do with the sense that I'm lost control of my life. Or some kind of comfort seeking.
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 210 Member
    Hi Zenobia9777. Thank you so much for thinking of me and posting the recipe. I definitely plan to try it!

I am feeling LOADS better than I did a week ago. I've resumed my life partially. I still find myself just not as hungry. I have yet to actually resume my exercise schedule....not even yoga. Still tired and body Still recovering but if I can move this weekend, I'm positive I can get back to it on Monday.

I'm still losing a pound here and there no doubt due to just not eating regularly. The upshot to all of that is I apparently will reach my weight loss goal of another 3 pounds in 5 weeks. 😆 I'm always amused at how long it takes to lose vs gain. I am currently passing thru the medically termed "Minimally Overweight" stage here in Canada. It is literally the bridge between Normal and Overweight. It is usually a 12 pound window. Sometimes up to 15 pounds. It is the true definition of "I need to lose 10 pounds" that many people say and in Canada is viewed as the "last exit" before veering off the road completely. 🤪. I think I will be traveling this road for about 4 months considering it took 6 months to lose 15 pounds. At least there is a big flashing NORMAL WEIGHT sign at the end!! 🤣

Speaking of journeys, enjoy your upcoming trip! Stay safe and have fun. Don't forget your index cards and as long as you log your exercise and water you'll be fine! Your still doing much better than most travelers trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. 🙂😉
  • zenobia9777
    edited April 2022
    It is good to hear from you! Glad you are going to be yourself soon. I always tell myself to just try to keep going in the right direction most of the time. That is why it's essential for me to weigh myself.

I suppose here the closest analogy to the Canadian system is the BMI range, according to the CDC.
    I have no idea what mine is now

Actually I don't think I gain weight that quickly. It's just that I stopped weighing myself and I don't work on the maintenance issues.

Despite my lack of discipline this week I have a major non scale victory. In yoga today I had a sudden adrenaline rush and I felt so strong and really in the flow. I made it into the difficult dancer pose with ease. It was amazing. I have definitely become much stronger in my arms with the balance poses.

It is good to know that over 64 I can still improve and feel that power of physical ability. I am by no means unusually strong or with great stamina. I have never been an athlete. Here's to the people with average ability!!!!
  • zenobia9777
    I walked the dogs for about 45 minutes.

Let's see if I get inspired to do other things since I'm not going to yoga today.
  • spirittrail
    Fantastic news on your Yoga breakthrough! I'm so Proud of you!! In the beginning it can be the most difficult thing just to roll out the mat. You are proof that with focus and determination it is absolutely possible to maintain strength and flexibility thru life. It's where you end up that counts, not where you stand at the starting gate!

Lol. Yes, we use the BMI system as well. It was improved upon by a retired Canadian doctor who felt the information was outdated. He spent years working on improving the wheel and is our industry standard. It is slightly less forgiving than the older one but in my opinion far more accurate. You can Google it. Dr. Halls BMI chart. You just put in a few stats and it also tells you where you stand compared to other women your age and height. I have been using it to set goals for years. Dr Phil once had a show that featured a medical professional. He said a GOOD BMI was 28!!! 😟 I remember talking about it with a trainer at the gym who said that for most people, a BMI of 25 was unfathomable. So most likely this doctor was just trying to get people to just lower their number to under 30. It made sense. My current BMI is 26.5 So Minimally Overweight. It's much better than my former Obese! Mind you, I never did cross 200 pounds....I came within 5 lbs and got to work I was actually proud when I reached 28.

It's a good chart to use even if just to see where you are percentage wise compared to your age group. Dr Halls BMI And that's my share for the day! 🤪
  • zenobia9777
    That is very interesting. Of course I had to go out and do that. I think I did it correctly and it puts me at 21.2 and in the 5% percentile???

I think the most I ever weighed in my life was when I was pregnant and I got up to 165. Pregnancy was a great excuse to eat a lot of candy!

You have really been determined to make that kind of progress!

I weighed today and I basically haven't changed since 2 weeks ago. Maybe last week was an inaccurate reading.

The good news is that because I ate so many peanuts last week there aren't very many nuts left in the house. Ditto on the ice cream and the butterscotch topping that my brother wanted me to buy..

Talk about slacking off. But I never really felt like I had out of control days like I did when I was out of town for the week. I just knew I was not staying with the program..

• zenobia9777
    edited May 2022
    Yesterday I did a bit better, but I still had wine,which was my sabotage.

I went to the store to buy a red onion because that was all I still needed to make dinner, and I had forgotten to get one. The wine was tempting.

Almost $100 later I made it home. That was an expensive onion. Amazing the things you think about needing when you get out and about.

Today I walked over an hour with the dogs and now I'm going to yoga. I'm going to have a wine, ice cream and excess peanut free day!

• zenobia9777
    edited May 2022
    Well, I did manage to stick with my promises yesterday except that I got super hungry after yoga, and I decided I couldn't trust myself to drive home safely.
    without stopping and getting a snack. So I went over on my calories.

I was going to cut back at dinner but it was such a busy day that I felt like I needed the whole meal.

Whine, whine.

Today I was studying and did not immediately take the dogs out. But it's not going to get very hot so we will do that later and I will do yoga this morning.
  • zenobia9777
    edited May 2022
    Sometimes I can't edit my comments properly. There is a glitch. The screen jumps around and I can't pick a word.

One of my unique challenges is that I have extremely low blood sugar. So if I get too hungry I literally cannot concentrate and that's why I am not safe to drive.
  • zenobia9777
    I did slightly better on my calories yesterday. It was another very busy day. I did not walk the dogs.

Today I will go to yoga for the third day in a row. I am seeing much more strength in my arms. I can almost lift my head off the mat when I'm lifting into a full wheel (back bend).
    This is one of the exercises recommended for my sciatica caused by slipped disc in my lower back.

My balance is still slow to improve but I can lift one knee at a time to a much higher level because I am stronger.

I did not really intend to do three days in a row, but it was a scheduling mix up by the staff. It's actually been okay but I don't think I'm going to try to do every day this week! Mostly because I have a lot of other things to do to get ready for my trip.

NSV:. After years of procrastination, I have become motivated to overhaul the garage.

I know this is partly because I feel physically better and have more energy. I found a tropical bird cage hanger that I had stored because it was barely damaged. I hung it up on the front porch and it was like I was seeing it for the first time, even though I've been seeing it for years without looking at it very closely because of where it was located. It's a great symbol for my change in perspective. It is actually a very attractive piece of decor!

I feel like I'm moving forward in my life.
  • zenobia9777
    I tried on my bathing suit and it looks much better. I feel more confident about taking my trip and not feeling stuffed into my clothes!

I walked the dogs for only 30 minutes today. I missed 2 days in a row. One day was because it was going to rain but I really should have gone ahead and tried. How easy it is to break a habit. It's been harder for me to get up and just go without thinking about it.

I've been thinking about habits. There are different theories about how long it takes to form a habit.

I have never been good about habits. I will say that there is a trigger that causes me to remember a habit

If the plants are wilting I will water them.

If the dogs are maniacs because they need more activity I will be motivated to walk them.

Sometimes I get uncomfortable with the way things look and I get angry enough about it to do something, but it's easy for me to shut my mind on the topic and think about something else.

Once I used a work book about compulsive eating because I felt like that was my issue. Sometimes it's triggered by emotional upset or the search for comfort. Those are also habits. They are just destructive ones.

Everything I've ever learned about losing weight has gone into these entries. I'm compulsive enough that I want to put them all in a notebook, so I will remember them but I know I will never read it again.

Another non scale victory is that I overhauled my closet. I still need to get rid of some clothes and reward myself by buying some new ones.

My closet arrangement did not get changed until I realized I could move one of the storage carts to the garage now that I improved the garage!

Chain reaction improvements!

• zenobia9777
    Yesterday I had lunch with my daughter and my grandson's. It's unbelievable how expensive it's gotten. Of course it is partly my own fault for indulging myself.
  • zenobia9777
    Apparently I decided it was already Mother's day yesterday because I really indulged myself.

Last post for a while except I will post
    my weight tomorrow morning for accountability.

I'll be happy if I've only maintained for the last 3 weeks. I have not been cutting back enough to lose weight.

On to my vacation with index cards and a positive attitude!
  • zenobia9777

Still not cutting back enough. I need to get through this final push and reach 118. I want to set that as a maintenance goal --- depends how I feel

Happy Mother's Day!
  • spirittrail
    Oh you've been doing great! And of course you are in the 5th percentile. You are only 5 pounds from your goal and already very slim!

My illness really knocked me out. I can honestly say I am 98%back...not perfect....but exactly one month ago I was right in the thick of it. I'm positive it was a bad flu, it was horrible. The only good thing to come out of it was I naturally started to eat less and it stuck! I think I have lost at least 4 pounds since beginning my accountability with you! 😊

Still holding at Minimally Overweight. But less! 150 pounds. It feels GREAT to literally feel like "I could lose 10 pounds". So many people say that and are so disconnected, in reality they could lose 25 pounds. I know I went thru denial when I was heavier. I am a solid size 10. Some 8, Solid M...some S. I feel like I'm standing outside the House of Normal....peering in the window...waiting to be invited in. In just 8 pounds...that door will open!

Hope you have a wonderful time and I'm flattered you took the index cards! I myself leave in 3 weeks...I won't make my goal....but I will be much closer!
  • zenobia9777
    I am sorry to hear that flu was so bad. I had a great time on my vacation, but I got sick on Friday night. I just did a covid test and it was negative. I think it's probably just a cold.

I definitely felt more confident and less self-conscious after slimming down. Even if we are all getting up there we still want to look and feel our best!!!
    Thanks for the positive energy

I did lose about half a pound even though we ate really well. I walked a lot again with my brother. I think we walked 21 miles total betweenTuesday and Wednesday. The rest is sketchier but I got a good workout with the kayaking. And I walked a lot at the airport!

We actually did not eat out very much. We had one big meal celebrating two anniversaries and I split the piece of chocolate cake with my brother.

We had several meals that we cooked ourselves and kept it simple. It's too expensive to eat out!!!

• zenobia9777
    Today is the first day I was up to walking the dogs and we spent 45 minutes. I actually have some energy and I only sneezed once. I have been eating in a terrible manner so today will be the opportunity to get better nutrition.