March 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

@Aine8046As for spending 8 hours with babies - it's actually pretty fun, except when one starts to cry and then the sympathy crying starts and they are all crying for no apparent reason. Fortunately, that doesn't happen often. LOL And, we only have 5 that day and had to send two home with a fever, so three are a piece of cake.

OMG :D
    Do not get me wrong, I love babies and cannot wait for the grandchildren, but 5??? :D
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

No picture today @Aine8046? ☹

Hmmm, I can see it :)
    PS Nice run today! :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »

No picture today @Aine8046? ☹

Hmmm, I can see it :)
    PS Nice run today! :)

I swear I didn't see the picture when I posted! I can now though - beautiful!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo sorry that you are going to have to get on a diuretic. Like you, I pee way too often as it is 😕
    Hope it helps with your BP at least.

Just did 6 miles on the treadmill this evening. Didn't feel like dealing with the 80+ degrees outside. But I sweat just as much on the treadmill, so I don't know why it matters.

exercise.png
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    03/01/22 :::: 3.0 :::: 3.0
    03/02/22 :::: 4.0 :::: 7.0
    03/03/22 :::: 1.5 :::: 8.5

A tiny little treadmill run as a warmup before strength training this morning.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options

Thanks @Scott6255. I sweat a lot on the treadmill too, but I suspect not as much as I would if I were running outside in 80°F temperatures. You did great. Six miles on the treadmill is hard.

Thanks @marisap2010 . I've never heard of a quarter marathon either. I was looking around at races the other day and saw a "mini marathon" advertised. I looked at the site and it is a half marathon. Not sure why they decided to call it a mini marathon. I'm sure you will do great and have the perfect pink outfit.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 100 Miles

3/1: 5.15 miles
    3/2: 5.16 miles
    3/3: 5.16 miles
    3/4: 2.02 miles

17.49/100 miles completed for March

I am doing the Lucky Streaker Challenge in Run the Year. So I will run or walk at least one mile every day in March. Today I ran 2 miles before yoga. It was really nice out. I just ran to the park and back home. I saw 5 deer at the park. It was a nice start to my day.

exercise.png

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Medical literature is inundated with COVID related publications right now! Every specialty has some sort of COVID thing they are reporting on. No doubt, with some more time and the ability to collect more patients, we will see something about the cardiac sequela.

@scott6255 Boooo 80's. I am not ready for that yet! I also sweat like crazy on a treadmill. There is something about being indoors, even if it is air-conditioned.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    3/1 – 6.51 miles
    3/3 – 6.01 miles
    3/4 – 4.08 miles
    Total – 16.61/100 miles

I’m working from home today so I did a Ripped workout in the basement before work and ran 4 miles at lunch. Temp is 63F and sunny! Absolutely beautiful pre-Spring day. Heading to the mountains tomorrow for hiking.

@quilteryoyo – Glad the doctor is being proactive with getting your blood pressure under control and monitoring your heart. Good cattle patrol walk! When I was growing up moving cattle to different fields was a major form of exercise for me and my sister! The first mini marathon that I heard about was the Myrtle Beach mini-marathon and just like you said it’s actually a half marathon. Myrtle Beach also has a full marathon at a different time of year so maybe it is to distinguish the two events…

The Cherry Blossom Festival and 10K sounds like it will be lovely @marisap2010. Good job getting out there last night. I hate when work interferes with my running!

@kgirlhart – the Lucky Streaker Challenge sounds fun. I know you will slay it!

@martaindale – I kind of prefer running in the dark also. I think it’s because I feel so self-conscious running where people can see me. On the bonus side though, I got to stop and talk to a couple of different neighbors and pet dogs at three homes. The family in the next house below me (which is about a half mile away) has 1 girl and 4 boys. They are all home schooled. If the boys see me, they will come running out and talk to me. One tried to sell me some chickens today!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    ... my sneaky plan is to end up being the only person in my age group so I can win something 😂

This is a fabulous plan! And probably one of the only ways I would ever win anything. I'm amazed at how fast people in my age group are!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Oh damn @ContraryMaryMary! Sorry. Hope it is a mild case!
    @Teresa502 I too am (was) a solid Brooks fan for many years up until a few months ago when I had an itch to try something new. Asics NovaBlast2 sounded like they would be right for me. So I tried them and I really like them. So hopefully you like the ones you got. Which ones are they?