March 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 It is so frustrating waiting on a phone call, especially one that never comes! You did great getting 6 miles on the treadmill.

It was windy here yesterday too @kgirlhart ,but at least it was warm. You did great on your 2 miles.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    No run today, but I did get a 3 mile walk in on the treadmill. Yesterday the morning temp was 59F and this morning it was 34F. Can I send that cold front back to you Texans? :-)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    03/01/22 :::: 3.0 :::: 3.0
    03/02/22 :::: 4.0 :::: 7.0
    03/03/22 :::: 1.5 :::: 8.5
    03/04/22 :::: 0.0 :::: 8.5
    03/05/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 11.7
    03/06/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 14.8
    03/07/22 :::: 2.8 :::: 17.6
    03/08/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 20.7

Progress on consistency if not longer miles. Yesterday I left work a little early and walked Stella in the remains of a little warmer weather - it was still about 40 degrees and not bad at all. Then I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill before strength training. By the time I came out it was pelting rain and had dropped way down in temp and was so windy. This morning I was not pleased to wake up to a dusting of snow. I went to yoga this am and then ran on the treadmill after to get it over with. It's a good thing I did because the day went downhill quickly at work and I did not have time later.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Tx @Aine8046 🤠
    Sorry we couldn't offer you better weather. But usually if you wait a day, the weather will be totally different 😉
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Welcome to Tx @Aine8046 🤠
    Sorry we couldn't offer you better weather. But usually if you wait a day, the weather will be totally different 😉

Thank you! :) I was really surprised - today it was warmer in NY! :D Hopefully will have a chance to run outside in a few days!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Aine8046 Nice job doing a treadmill run in a hotel. That takes dedication. I try when I travel, but am about 50-50 as to whether I actually do it or not.

@katharmonic Great consistency and glad you got it done before the day went down hill. I hope today is better for you.

@kgirlhart You are doing great getting out there in the cold. I think it's even harder this time of year when we are teased with warmer weather on some days.

Nice run and walk @emmamcgarity !

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 We are still feeling the cold front for now, but in a couple of days, feel free to send it back our way!

@Aine8046 Where in TX are you visiting? Seems like all the TX runners on here had the same crappy rainy cold weather yesterday and we are several hours apart!

@quilteryoyo That mile was speedy! Good work picking up the pace and glad your breathing is improving some.
  • martaindale
    Options
    March total: 16.4/75 Miles

3/2: 2.1 miles
    3/4: 4.2 miles
    3/6: 3.1 miles
    3/7: 2 miles
    3/9: 5 miles

I was supposed to run yesterday but opted to avoid the crappy rainy cold weather. That combo happens so rarely I don’t really have clothes for it and being wet and cold sucks. This morning I tacked on an extra mile because I skipped yesterday and the weather was great! About 40F, slight breeze, and dry! I am really enjoying how fresh my legs feel on these lower mileage weeks. Every run just feels so easy, even though my average pace has picked up, especially on the colder days. I didn’t realize how tired they were those last few weeks of the training plan, but it is noticeable in retrospect.
  • martaindale
    Options
    @Aine8046 Nice job doing a treadmill run in a hotel. That takes dedication. I try when I travel, but am about 50-50 as to whether I actually do it or not.

Tiny hotel gym treadmills are the worst. If I am traveling somewhere scenic I am so much more likely to get out for a run but most of the time I just plan to not run when I am traveling. 50/50 is better than my average for sure.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 I think you will be happy with the Ghosts. Good luck with the marathon training.

8 miles this evening. Had to scrape ice off my windshield this morning, and this afternoon I ran outside in shorts and a t-shirt at 60F. Friday it's supposed to snow/ice. This planet is bipolar 😉
    Today's run was nice and easy. HR stayed below 120.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 100 Miles

3/1: 5.15 miles
    3/2: 5.16 miles
    3/3: 5.16 miles
    3/4: 2.02 miles
    3/5: 1.61 miles
    3/6: 8.10 miles
    3/7: 2.02 miles
    3/8: 5.60 miles
    3/9: 5.15 miles
    3/10: 5.15 miles

45.12/100 miles completed for March

Today's run was pretty much the same run as yesterday, but it was a little warmer. Yesterday I wore a jacket for the whole run and today I wore two pairs of sleeves and ended up taking them off halfway through. It was a nice run and I felt pretty good afterwards. Tomorrow we are supposed to have wintry weather. It is going to be hard to get out there, but I only need to do one mile for the streak, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

exercise.png

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Did we ever have a monthly question for March? If not, I have one.

Do you like to listen to music when you run? And if so what are some of your favorite running songs?

I like to listen to music when I run. I use Aftershoz headphones so that I am able to hear what is going on around me. I have a very eclectic playlist. A few of my favorite running songs are:

Queen - Don't Stop Me Know
    Eminem - Lose Yourself
    My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)
    Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc.
    Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
    Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing, Sing
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale I'm glad your runs are feeling better and your legs are fresh.

Glad the snow didn't make the roads treacherous for your run @katharmonic . We are supposed to get snow Friday night. I'm hoping it won't stick on the roads since it has been so warm.

@marisap2010 Nice running and yeah for new shoes!

Nice running @Scott6255 and I agree that the planet is bipolar. :lol:

@kgirlhart That would have been too cold for me. You did great.

@SummerSkier Great paces. You are getting so speedy.

I have just walked the last two days due to time constraints and just being tired. I did get my Holter monitor put on this morning. I have to wear it for two weeks and then mail it to TX to be read. It has a different design from one's I've had before and it sort of in the way of my bra strap. I'm hoping it will be okay when I run.