March 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo yeah I'm sure those cows were just in awe that you were running that fast.
    @marisap2010 great job on your race! Glad you met some new running buddies.
    @Aine8046 welcome to NY! Brave of you to run in a new city in the dark.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Awww. Thanks @marisap2010 . I wasn't feeling particularly awesome at the time. I guess that's why I saw judgement, not approval. LOL Nice running and placement in your race. Glad you were able to meet some new potential running buddies. Nice running today too and love that your husband went walking while you ran. Really pretty trail.

@Aine8046 Wow! I'm amazed that you got out and ran at 5 am with jet lag. You are amazing. The view from your hotel is pretty awesome too.

Love the hiking report @Teresa502 . I didn't know about the "wild" ponies. That is so cool. Could you pet them?

@SummerSkier You are doing great and gives me some hope of improving my speed, if I work at it. I'll probably never be as speedy as you, but would like to get below 11 min miles consistently.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart It is amazing how much colder it gets when the sun goes behind a cloud. You are doing great with getting back into running after being sick. Maybe three days of running in a row was a little much. Hopefully you can get a double digit run in next week.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @Aine8046 - I saw the cat and figured you must be staying with family or friends... I have been to hotels with lobby cats or dogs but none that you could have in your room. I stayed in a hotel in the Netherlands when I was there on business that had ducks that would wander into the buildings and would come in your room if the door was left open. They were famous for their friendly ducks and had a woodcarver who made 2-3 ft tall replicas of them for the rooms. You would set it outside the door as your 'do not disturb sign'. I bought one and brought it home with me 😊 named after the town we were in (Baarlo)
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic It sounds like the weather is a rollercoaster everywhere. Such sudden changes in temperatures makes it hard to get out. You are doing great. I hope you can get in some longer runs to prepare for your half.

@Aine8046 I did see the cat and it didn't even occur to me that hotels don't allow them. LOL Your son has a great view!

@rheddmobile I'm glad you were able to get out for a run and that the park service is making a safer trail. Yikes on the snake. They are usually so afraid of humans that it isn't a problem. I guess this one had had enough and was going to stand his ground, regardless. Funny about the hawks. I would have worried she would drop it too. I'm glad the racoon has been accepted back into his family.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    3/1 – 6.51 miles
    3/3 – 6.01 miles
    3/4 – 4.08 miles
    3/7 – 5.06 miles
    Total – 21.67/100 miles

After a short yoga session, I headed out for a run getting out the door around 6:30 am and surprised to find that it was already getting light outside. This morning the temp was around 59F. We have a rain and wind advisory in effect for this afternoon so I’m glad I was able to get out this morning.

@quilteryoyo – Many of the ponies like to lick the salt off your hands/arms etc. We petted a couple of them before we saw a sign that prohibited feeding and petting them. Oops! One solid black one that I held out my hand to backed up and lifted his leg like “no way lady – get out of my space.” While one that was on the trail just stood there as we passed by within a foot of her. The park gets a lot of visitors on pretty days and I think they have probably become accustomed to people. There was a professional photographer up there photographing the ponies when we were there.

That snake did not look happy @rheddmobile. I would have turned another way also. And yay for stinky brother being back in the fold!

@shanaber – Have you seen the Peabody Ducks in Memphis? https://www.peabodymemphis.com/peabody-ducks
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Aine8046 Enjoy New York!! I have never been and eventually will have to make my way up there.

@marisap2010 Awesome job! So close to sub 1 hr. The weather makes such a big difference for me regarding speed. It is so hard to push for speed when it's warm.

@Teresa502 The hike sounds great. Nice pics as always, and yeah, those ponies don't look too wild. They are very cute!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    Great job to your daughter @martaindale! Just watching climbers makes me nervous!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier yeah, sometimes we have all 12 seasons in the same week 😜
    @martaindale good job keeping to your recovery plan. And your daughter looks like a pro climbing that wall.

Did 6 miles on the treadmill this evening. Was waiting for a phone call so needed to stay close to home. Of course the call never came 😡
    But was good to force a slow easy run. I think I might try doing all slow easy runs this month and see if I can get fully recovered.

exercise.png
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I knew it was going to storm tonight, so I managed to walk on my lunch break, and then I did strength training when I got home.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 100 Miles

3/1: 5.15 miles
    3/2: 5.16 miles
    3/3: 5.16 miles
    3/4: 2.02 miles
    3/5: 1.61 miles
    3/6: 8.10 miles
    3/7: 2.02 miles

29.22/100 miles completed for March

Another short 2 mile run for the streak today. It wasn't a bad, but it was pretty cold. I wore long tights, a long sleeved shirt and a jacket. I would have been too warm if I had run much further, but I was good for twenty minutes. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold again, but it isn't supposed to be windy. Hopefully it will be a good run.

Scary snake @rheddmobile!. I am glad to hear that the raccoon is back with his brothers.

exercise.png