Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• gardenergal24
    gardenergal24 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OK, good to know at least where I stand. I'll wait & see if a spot opens up ... thanks so much for the update!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker -thx for the encouragement. well I weighed myself again today-lost that lb back and another .6. Scales are so weird.
    @marg750me -hope you are 100 percent soon!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Loving all the beautiful pictures and active updates!

Snowed during the night but was gone by the time I got up at 6 am. Woke up in a lot of pain so decided it was going to be more of a rest day. Went for my walk and that felt great. Also did some inclined push-ups, marching and step-ups and have over 14,000 steps. So I know I have done well today but still feel like I let myself down. Oh well tomorrow is a new day. Played Monopoly Transformer game with Hubby and Son. Of course I got wiped out first and Hubby won.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I just came back from a great walk. I need more of these. At least I'm not near my kitchen munching on my next (unplanned) snack (supper planned nicely). I have let my winter walking pretty much take place inside my home or marching in place to the news. With a Samsung upgrade to a Galaxy Watch 4, I've chosen a colorful watch dial that shares four key data points along with day of the week, date, time, and weather in the upcoming three one hours blocks.

ammdn5foiwxx.jpg

For some of my non-geeky friends, feel free to move on to the next message. For those who like the gadgetry, perhaps you'll smile (or shake your head!). PS I'm not trying to sell this watch.

What my watch tells me: The upper right hand corner of my watch is how much battery I have at 49% or (1 day 2 hours left shown when I tap/dig deeper). I last charged my watch yesterday morning. This is great as I'm used to charging my first Gear 2 watch every 12 to 24 hours. In reviews, I understand when they find a day or two too much of a drawback and hassle.

Working clockwise the next quadrant includes three hours of weather in icon format showing: cloudy, cloudy, and snow. Touch the weather icons further for the high and low temp, humidity, UV, sunrise, sunset, and six day forecast according to The Weather Channel.

Lower left shows 114 average heart rate. At rest, my rate fell as low as 58 during the night and a high of 129 during a one mile walk to get a few groceries. Tap further for a bar chart of the day.

Upper left shows my 4000+ steps so far, with a percentage towards my goal for the day with another touch.

@kaliswalker I so appreciate the video link you sent me (in Page 17 of this thread) of Volumetrics author Dr Barbara Rolls. I loved her visuals and I took lots of notes!

Make this day count and may you find your joy! Hug, Hug!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Oh hon that is NOT a rest day in my book!! YO!! Glad the pain got under control, and what you did was really AMAZING!! Please realize when we hurt,, pain is a signal something is not right. Seems you took care of that pain and were able to continue on, but on such days ALWAYS please honor the pain. I've not heard of that version of Monopoly. LOL I used to paly that game A LOT as a kid. Sounds like a nice day!
    @EjoyEvelyn ,,, Does the watch tell more? I can look it up, I AM A GEEK!! LOL I very confessed one.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Absolutely! and @Kaliswalker The Galaxy 4 is so new, I've barely had a week to use it. My thirteen colorful watchbands and extra chargers arrived from Amazon three days ago. I'll be sure to tag you both on my next journey. I shared with my husband what I wrote today . . He was impressed. I'd like to see every major brand phone offer a matching watch that interacts with the phone's fitness, messaging, email, calendar and mobile apps. (Dan's an Apple dude, so I'd recommend an Apple watch if he were to get one.)

For starters, below is a set of pictures (in reverse) that drills down into my last sleep record. The last image is a fraction of the menu I get when I swipe up on the main watch face. These apps can also be rearranged to one's liking.

wifuo4ql5dj5.jpg

The Samsung Health app happens to be the second icon in the middle column. I can see data relative to 1) daily activity by level of exertion, 2) steps, 3) exercise (view history) 4) sleep, 5) body composition, 6) heart rate, 7) stress, 8) blood oxygen, 9) food (calories) 10) water, 11) women's health (track your cycle), 12) together, and 13) settings on my watch and phone.

After clicking on sleep, I get a record of hours, minutes, time and sleep score. Next shows actual sleep and calories burned. The following screen shows my sleep stages: The hours and minutes I was awake, as well as in REM, light and deep sleep.

The next screen shows blood oxygen levels at minimum during the night. (Yikes! Don't like that 76%.) Following that is snore detection. (Ouch!, really?#!? - apparently I could allow the app to record a segment of these sounds.) The last screen allows me to click on "show on phone."

While all this information is not medical grade readings readings, they do show very good trends. There could be variations if you're not wearing the watch correctly; if you're moving during a read; or allowing too much space between wrist and watch, due to your positioning or movements. I have sensitive skin (I get blood bruises fairly easily while pruning our Florida horticulture, and even a recent saline prick sweld up like a histamine prick on an allergy test - seems I failed this test). I never had a problem with my watches, but then my old watch was only taking minimal highly active (light intensive) readings on the hour. I read one reviewer tell the company their watch was stuck in the highly active mode and it allegedly burnt his skin in his sleep. Again, I've had no problem.

May your find your joy this day! Hug, Hug!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It's 51 feels like 51 with a high of 62 for today. I AM: I deserve to do things that bring me happiness. Action for Happiness: Eat healthy and natural food today and drink lots of water. Fitness quote for today: You need to step out of your comfort zone. In order to become stronger and grow.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Pause. Take a deep breath. You've got this.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,153 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Modified at home Chest/Arms after dinner.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    I really like my apple watch, I can do an ekg on it and although it warns you it can not detect a heart attack, I still do one from time to time. I like it when it tells me all my rings are closed AND I can adjust the exercise requirements based on my ability to participate. I like that it gives me text messages IF I have a program on my Iphone and that goes to the Iwatch. Unfortunately my android and my Iwatch do NOT communicate - there is a way to do so but it is long, drawn out, and since I have an Iphone, I won't bother. I also don't wear my Iwatch when sleeping, I already know I am a restless sleeper that tosses from one side to another so I let it sit on the charger and get ready for the next day.
    nr3fd5qurnvq.jpg
    I can change the Iwatch face from butterflies ( and there are a variety ) to my cat Amigo, or something else. I can also choose from a selection of files to access through the watch, and I can see when ALL my rings are closed - the blue one still has to close, no worries I have a few hours left ! And of course I just got a new band for it and graduated from pink to english lavender colour. I am sure if I went shopping on Amazon I could find other watch bands but I prefer to stay with Apple products.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I learnt how to do a collage in android today !!
    613kczo4svnu.jpg
    Time to get off here and get other things accomplished - its been a good day so far.
    May your Monday be magnificent and you enjoyed what ever it is you had to do !! It's all in the 'tude !!

• CSEGUIN2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I know yesterday didn't seem like a rest day but it was to me. Expecially since I didn't do my main workout and most of my exercise was to get steps and it helped relieved the pain. I make sure to listen to my body and only do what it allows.

Today was a rainy, snowy chilly day. Got lots of walking and some strength done. Also played Flip Uno and Wii with Hubby and Son. Ended up having a nap for about an hour this afternoon. I never allow myself to nap otherwise I have troubles sleeping at night. But just couldn't keep my eyes open. Tomorrow is TOPS and rest day. Feeling great so hope that's a good sign for the scale.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    I LOVE such a large variety of smart watches!! Something for EVERYONE indeed!!

@EjoyEvelyn ,, LOVE the oxygen level on yours and the snore, that's so helpful to know if one may have sleep apnea. Have you had this checked out? Since my watch is not fancy, I downloaded an app on my phone and was happy to see I do not snore, Oh it picked up on 38 noises at night, but!! LOL I live in a high rise in the city on the water front! There are going to be noises. LOL I actually go to sleep to the "hum" of the city, I find it soothing. I hadn't thought of getting the different bands, and combining 2 different colors, but I LOVE the idea and think I WILL!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I do like the idea of the EKG on the watch, as of right now they do not pick on more than at last check 3 types of heart issues (Afib which is common is one of them). I'll keep an eye on this feature as it develops. I need a collage maker for my computer, but am way to exhausted tonight to play. LOL Just remembered I DO have one on my phone. LOL I was to tired I AM TO TIRED to remember that!! LOL I've have so much fun with that too! GREAT for a before and after pic also!

Mine is a low keyed smart watch (I DO Have a Fit Bit, but I kept breaking out!) IT does the usual how many steps.

Many of these things I can see a glance on my heart, but as with most, there's also the app so I can look back over the 24 hours and more. It was only $40 and does all I really need. My Fitbit was over 200. I'm happier with this one.
    Here you can see my heart rate, it does so for 24 hours.

Since I am in heart failure, we want my heart rate down lower so the 63 is good for me and resting. I try to not get it to high, so as I walk etc, I work at keeping it from being stressed.
    btaiq4o0crkj.jpg

My Sleep. I am very leassted with my total sleep of 6 hours and 47 mins, with 3 hours and 15 mins of deep sleep!! 3 Hours and 25 mins of light sleep. I was up it says once, I think I was really up 3 times at night, but I've been working on barely waking up to use the ladies room. Hence the "I think" I work at staying very very low keyed, and no thinking so I go immediately back to sleep.
    r8l3s2p5ubw3.jpg

@Cseguin2,, I thought of you today when I was doing the same to relieve my pain and it worked so WELL!! WTG On yesterday!! That's great how you can do it. OH WE LOVE UNO FLIP HERE!! When I first brought it downstairs the girls said "NO WAY TO CONFUSING!" But, I took it out anyways ,and said "let's try"! Now it's everyone's FAVORITE,, but!! LOL the crazy fools now put in 2 or 3 various decks together and whatever the card on top says we DO!! ANYONE new can NOT keep up with the rules. We get to laughing so hard. YEAH On the Wii!!

OKAY OFF to BED I GO!! I did cook a roast tonight so I can use it mostly for sandwiches without the high calorie count or sodium!! A total sandwich (Light carb wrap, the meat, Shredded mozzarella cheese , green peppers, onions and mushrooms,, total cals estimated (close to it) 300 ,, total sodium around 250 to 300. At Subway it'd be 500 calories and GET THIS 1500 mgs of sodium!! That's my TOTAL FOR THE DAY!!
    1a5lejjt0ilb.jpg
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It's 53 feels like 52 with a high of 73 for today. I AM: I use each success as a springboard to my next goal. Axe Sharpening: Educating yourself and making the right choices only allow your mind and body to operate better.~~Kelly Pollman 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Fitness quote for today: Even if you didn't do it perfect. YOU DID IT!~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Keep your worth and believe in it.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,196 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Modified for at home Back/Shoulders after breakfast.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! ENJOY THE DAY!! We'll see you on the team.
    @Macrat12,, HI Sarah!! ENJOY the day! WOOHOO on the exercise.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 Did your mark go up?

@EjoyEvelyn rotisserie chickens are fantastic! I usually get one at Costco, and it makes a few meals and then the bones make soup. fish sauce is an amazing addition to many dishes including pasta sauces. There are many Asian stores near me - Indian and Chinese. I bought dried Mushrooms but haven't used them yet, so I will look up a recipe. I copied your Pho Recipe and will give it a try.

@DNjoys & @Retired_Sue Did you round up all your team?

@marg750me How are you feeling now? What kind of dog in Milo? Who owns Milo?

@dkhudson56 Hugs for your well being, you have a lot to deal with. I wish you all the best in getting your mom moved. Plz take care of yourself.

@Jer2ber Welcome to the 5% Challenge! I am pushing myself to get out walking in the morning. Let's motivate each other.

@macrat12 I will post this in the kitchen - Learn to win the battle between your wants versus your needs.

@Patti241 Happy April to you!

@cormierannie Are you a tennis player or tennis fan? I was out walking this morning too.

@ceriusly1 Having that last treatment feels liberating! You can now be forward looking.

@majork29 You and Evelyn and I should have a book club review of Volumetrics.

@bookieNJ No loss for me either, so let's try harder this week.

@LindieMaeP Pics of flowers are awesome!

@skaniski26 Hugs as you adjust to your new life. I am pushing myself to do more this spring.

I never do well with deadlines so I have started to increase my exercise and am tracking calories already. I think of it as a running start to the 5% Challenge. Volumetrics - Hubby is liking the food, quick and easy to prepare the veggies. I like that we both cook.

Reminder to look for your invitations

Here's how to find your invites so please again, CHECK DAILY
    When you come on, click on your COMMUNITY TAB (Light blue line) Then onto GROUPS (As you do to come here) Your invite will be right above the groups you belong to
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I've been for a walk and I feel great! I just finished doing some volunteering at the local tennis tournament. I'll be doing some dancing after supper. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I Iove the pic. Nice to hear your getaway was so nice.

@misslorij3440 Hi Lori. I love flowers too, but I really have to push myself to garden. This year I am telling myself it exercise.

@aalley5 How are you doing?w

@EjoyEvelyn Thanks for the Galaxy 4 info. Definitely sounds like the one to get. It takes time to learn all the bells and whistles but it sounds like you have learned so much. Funny about the snore detector. Hubby still doesn't want to part with Fitbit Ionic even though it was recalled.

We went to our recreational place in WA to prep it for this year. After it has sat for a couple of years nothing has changed, just very dusty on the deck. Unfortunately our neighbors had mice and had to throw out the mattresses, bedding, towels, etc. and do major steam cleaning.

We repurposed an area of the house for exercises and now it's time to start using it! I am starting new exercises today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is rest, weigh and TOPS day. Sayed the same and will take it as a win. My only movement was step-ups to get my movement each hour for my Fitbit. Missed one going to TOPS but that's ok. Got my Life Insurance policy packet today and happy that is finally over. Got an email yesterday from my instructor. I was right and my mark went up. I am so happy. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention. Back at it tomorrow.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,354 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, 2022 Spring 5% Challenge Community! For those of you that don't know me, I'm Heidi - one of the Overall Leaders of the 2022 Spring 5% Challenge Community and a CL for the 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS)🌶️ Team.

I'm looking for a few members who have been invited but have not yet joined our team. They have been sent invitations and have been sent MFP mails. Since MFP e-mails are so 'difficult' to retrieve if you are not 'friends', I thought I would try to search for those members here as well.

I'm currently looking for:
    @DeepCleanMode
    @slimdeb1
    @ghizon
    @worthit78
    @jrdupree (A previous RHCS, she probably just needs to sign in and she'll find us)
    @Mango1960

Here is a snapshot of the invites:
    k2teecqtag5r.png

Your notifications can be found here:
    3p9g29reg6an.png
    (Look for the little bell - click on it and you will find MFP activity). Your invite should be listed there. Thanks!!