Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was errands day. Took longer than planned as Hubby is as slow as molasses 🙄. But I enjoyed the walk anyways. The wind was blowing hard and almost went flying 🤣. I am too light! Once I hit goal I will have to weigh myself down on really windy days 😉. Got my paper copy of my 3rd exam and finally looked at it. When reviewing my incorrect answers there was an issue. Sent instructors an email regarding this. My mark may go up if I turn out to be right. Today I also realized that there are messages on the bottom of the pages. So I went back and read them all. They're so up lifting and inspiring.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The day in my Lake Superior Northland is gorgeous! The interior city roads definitely crunch with the many tire marks that developed as the slushy roads froze last night.

@sunrisedancer1 I love making my own defatted bone broth from the many rotisserie chickens I add to my menus. I have a section of my freezer just for broths and extra sauces. I add my favorite veggies, then garnish with fish sauce (required for the umami (ooh-mommy) taste bud, Sriracha sauce (and/or chili paste), and hoisin sauce. Here's a template I made from my SparkRecipe Box below. While you can buy pho seasoning packets at the Vietnamese or Asian food stores, I love the adding fresh cilantro (or basil) and bean sprouts (very low cal) while on the stove seconds before serving (I love everything I make to start out piping hot). I now make enough for the two of us and have two large Asian style serving bowls, accessorizing with an Asian soup spoon and chop sticks. For a vegetarian recipe, I enjoy the savory broth made from dried Asian Black Mushrooms (so yummy!).

2p1g2omwauwi.jpg

@Ceriusly1 I pray your last treatment and following journey to your new normal goes exceptionally well. We're anxious to have you actively back to good health in these great challenges. Looking forward to our upcoming team invites.

My Volumetrics book is officially on order. May the Joy be with you this day! Hug, hug!
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,668 Member
    Options
    There are two names on the Mission Slimpossible roster that I have no way of contacting. So am going to try tagging here. @eva_letsdance and @Tree1005 , your invitations to join the Mission Slimpossible Team were sent out yesterday. Please to go Community, Groups to accept them. Practice week begins Saturday, April 2nd. Hope to see you soon!

Dee, Motivational Leader
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Retired_Sue Orillia seems like a nice touristy and we enjoyed our travels. Hubby graduated from Queens and we were there for his reunion.

@bookieNJ I grew up in Alberta. A Chinook is a warm, dry, gusty, westerly WIND that blows down the Rocky Mountains into the western prairies. The sudden warmth causes the snow to quickly melt and it feels like spring. Haha I thought that happened other places too.

@Lessennan I have countless diet and exercise books too. They are now making their way to the Library box a few steps away. All my women's mags have been snatched up. Sherry Zak Morris I will try it. Sometimes I am too tired to do strength training, so I do chair exercises.

@ThursLins Thanks for the tip!

@cormierannie You must be so proud of your daughter, 17 and she already is already working a part-time job. You've done a good job mom.

@Dianedoessmiles1 Congratulations on losing 110 lbs plus pounds! Wow I would love to be your pet sitter! Your friendship sounds wonderful! What a wonderful person to have in your life.

@Sunnybeachgirl5226 I agree with @Dianedoessmiles1. You should join a team.

@CSEGUIN2 When the scale moves that much it's likely some water weight.

@LindieMaeP That's maddening when the messages get zapped away. Note to self post now!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#### Invitations have been sent, so watch for yours! ####

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Yesterday was so much fun. 4 of us went downtown and walked around in the Granville Island area and beyond to around the inlet. The weather was perfect! Then we went to a The Sandbar, a seafood restaurant. It was a real treat, as we seldom eat out since covid.

• marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I think the pantry possibly closing is getting to me. The things I said to Ellie were the truth. Rose nor I expected her to call St Vincent and tell them what we said. St Vincent pull out and took ALL their money. I know 97% of the people could go to other pantries for food but the ones that walk cannot.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,636 Member
    Options
    @DNjoys - Tree1005 was on my team roster (Fit Force) not that she's accepted her spot yet although my invitations went out around noon today. I think she's new and I wonder if she requested a second team when she didn't seem to get a response after requesting a first team. It's possible that it wasn't noticed when rosters were being made up. I'll try to remember to let you know if she climbs on board with us.
  • DNjoys
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, @Retired_Sue. I'll let Ceri know.
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    In less than a month we are taking Mom to Tenn. to live with my aunts. She has gotten worse and I can no longer take care of her by myself. She keeps insisting she's going to drive. My first thought was whatever then I considered she might not only kill herself, but others and as her caregiver I might be held liable for not stopping her. My aunt already has our bedrooms almost ready. I'll stay down there couple weeks and return to finalize everything here. 1st trip will be necessity items and my brother came up with the idea to use his trailer to haul that down. He is the type has to be ordered to take vacation at end of year and he's put in for vacation to do this. My aunt says she can handle Mom for the time I have to return. My aunt has been giving her hints that if we came and stayed she could get away for short trips. She takes care of another aunt who is driving her crazy. She didn't mention to Mom that I could also get away short trips cos she knew that wouldn't go over well as Mom doesn't really consider what this does to me since she calls me stupid, lazy, disorganized, don't know what I am doing and make snap decisions. I told my sister her resentment towards me would probably turn to hate. I am only trying to keep her safe from harm. She said after we tell Mom on Sunday she will resent all of us. I am going to have to leave the group for this next challenge. There's no way I can do any reporting or keep up on anything during this time. Plan is for me to be back to Tenn. by July 1 since I have to arrange moving van for what is being kept even if it does go in storage locker. Have a three people lined up to take some things. Mom's car is being taken to my sister's for storage Sunday. It is not road worthy for even local, wouldn't travel well to Tenn. And I have to give notice to landlord. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Hoping to have time to log food/exercise in MFP until things settle. I will miss the team help
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    dkhudson56 wrote: »
    In less than a month we are taking Mom to Tenn. to live with my aunts. She has gotten worse and I can no longer take care of her by myself. She keeps insisting she's going to drive. My first thought was whatever then I considered she might not only kill herself, but others and as her caregiver I might be held liable for not stopping her. My aunt already has our bedrooms almost ready. I'll stay down there couple weeks and return to finalize everything here. 1st trip will be necessity items and my brother came up with the idea to use his trailer to haul that down. He is the type has to be ordered to take vacation at end of year and he's put in for vacation to do this. My aunt says she can handle Mom for the time I have to return. My aunt has been giving her hints that if we came and stayed she could get away for short trips. She takes care of another aunt who is driving her crazy. She didn't mention to Mom that I could also get away short trips cos she knew that wouldn't go over well as Mom doesn't really consider what this does to me since she calls me stupid, lazy, disorganized, don't know what I am doing and make snap decisions. I told my sister her resentment towards me would probably turn to hate. I am only trying to keep her safe from harm. She said after we tell Mom on Sunday she will resent all of us. I am going to have to leave the group for this next challenge. There's no way I can do any reporting or keep up on anything during this time. Plan is for me to be back to Tenn. by July 1 since I have to arrange moving van for what is being kept even if it does go in storage locker. Have a three people lined up to take some things. Mom's car is being taken to my sister's for storage Sunday. It is not road worthy for even local, wouldn't travel well to Tenn. And I have to give notice to landlord. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Hoping to have time to log food/exercise in MFP until things settle. I will miss the team help

Praying for you.
    Sad how growing old affects us.
    I sympathise fully with you. I’m lucky that my mum is still able and sensible at 91. I can still get away.

Please come back often and vent as much as you need to. I can imagine the emotions will be all over the place for a long while
  • Jer2ber
    Jer2ber Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m pretty quiet, but new here (for the challenge) and determined to make a difference. I’ve lost about 12 lbs, but need to lose at least another 30 to be in the healthy range and it’s coming off SLOWLY. I’ve often wondered what kind of support I might find that could really help me push myself, and it appears this may be a good place to start.
    I’m in my early 50’s, some osteoarthritis (I won’t claim that lol) but the degenerative disk issues I fight in my spine and neck I can’t help but feel…every night in bed it gets worse, frankly laying flat anywhere…and sometimes moving causes me a stabbing sensation that makes me scream…literally lol. Daily pain. Not much they can do they tell me and I prefer no meds if possible.
    I have my German heritage that keeps me strong (or stubborn) so I refuse to give up and in about 20 mins will be getting up for my morning walk in the rain and light snow today I believe that’s the weather forecast for this morning. 🙄
    For this challenge, I will attempt to kick it up a notch or as much as my back will allow anyway.
    @Ceriusly1 praying all goes well for you.
    @dkhudson56 prayers for strength and comfort, I’ve been there.
    And to all of you, you are great inspiration and are an amazing group of people. It’s nice to meet all of you and see all your chats. Thank you for the opportunity to do this challenge, glad to be here.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,794 Member
    Options
    @DNjoys - Tree1005 was on my team roster (Fit Force) not that she's accepted her spot yet although my invitations went out around noon today. I think she's new and I wonder if she requested a second team when she didn't seem to get a response after requesting a first team. It's possible that it wasn't noticed when rosters were being made up. I'll try to remember to let you know if she climbs on board with us.

@DNjoys, @Retired_Sue Sorry Ladies, Sue, please remove her from your Roster. Dee, she is supposed to be with you.

Today is my last radiation treatment. I'm told the brain fog and fatigue can last up to a month. Praying the Lord makes quick work of it.
  • DNjoys
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thanks, @Ceriusly . Praying you feel better quickly!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It's 31 feels like 31 with a high of 62 for today. I AM: I am thankful for every opportunity to do something good and help others. Axe Sharpening: Learn to win the battle between your wants versus your needs.~~~Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Commit to being more active this month, starting today. Fitness quote for today: That feeling when you look at yourself and think: I built that with hard work.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Life always offers a new beginning to anyone brave enough to reach for it.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,514 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Back/Arms in the gym this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning Majork.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,636 Member
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 Will do Ceri. I hope that you are feeling much better very soon!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a cool day here today, with snow on and off throughout the day. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. i am off in a while to do some volunteering with the local tennis tournament here. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • kaliswalker
    Options
    @HealthyBarb1 Understandable that you are motivated to declutter & organize. It will make your home more enjoyable and things you have put off for years get done.

@Dianedoessmiles1 Thanks for the info about how to find your invitations! Good info! I am sure many don't know about it. There were leaders I had to send MFP mail and links so they would join.

@marg750me Do you have a good attendance at church? Some churches around here have just started in person services. In my church we were masked till we sat down.

@EjoyEvelyn Haha nice picture of kids in the candy store. Wow a dream job!!! Thank you for taking the time to explain your choice of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and your phone. Likely I will be replacing both very soon, and this is a good place to look first as it sounds perfect.

You are right about the Foot pumps. I do some when I am low energy but want a few more minutes of movement.

You won't believe this but... We have been eating off 9" plates for 10 years! I never use a regular sized spoon or fork. I eat with a mini-spoon, a coffee soup for all liquid foods, and a salad fork for all other things.

@Patti241 I am on Thinner Winners - 4

@Lessennan Sneaky way to get your exercise to go walking and shopping. Way to go!

@macrat12 Good one - I cherish my friendships so they can last a long time.

@bookieNJ I hope you are already down to the next decade now!

@majork29 Wow plz let me know what you think of the Volumetrics book. Hubby & I are both doing well with it. The first thing I learned was the weight of food in your stomach determines your satiety.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker -Aw thx for the info. I had never heard that term before. It could happen in other places-I just don’t know.
    @dkhudson56 -Aw I hope your mom thrives in her new situation. I am so sorry!
    @Jer2ber -good luck in the challenge! Sounds like you have a great plan.
    @Ceriusly1 -Aw I hope the brain fog leaves soon!
    @kaliswalker -I hope so! I find out tomorrow morning when I weigh in.
  • kaliswalker
    Options
    @EjoyEvelyn Are you getting the Volumetrics book? I have never been so gung ho about a diet, but it really helped when I lost control of my eating. I am not sure if I posted a link to YouTube Barbara J. Rolls, professor of nutritional sciences - Volumetrics: Feeling Full on Fewer Calories. Start at 6 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ld0aDnEBc

@LindieMaeP Meow to Amigo

@cormierannie I am waving hi!

@HealthyBarb1 If you don't see your invitation plz let me know and I can send yours.

I live in the most expensive city in Canada.

Reminder to look for your invitations

Here's how to find your invites so please again, CHECK DAILY
    When you come on, click on your COMMUNITY TAB (Light blue line) Then onto GROUPS (As you do to come here) Your invite will be right above the groups you belong to and
    4cujkp7t30kb.png