Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the car outside the hospital for 4+ hours while Anne has treatment was going to be fine. I can link in to their internet and I could do some food preplanning. BUT sun came out and it looked so nice. I could go for a wee walk to the supermarket, we only needed milk. I could carry that. Round trip 3 miles. It would pass a couple of hours. And then I got to the supermarket, oh yes bananas and a one of these….. and a one of those. Two carrier bags later and I have 1.5 miles to walk them back. Maybe I have the strength exercise covered for today
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It's 57 feels like 55 with a high of 59 and temps dropping into the 40's today. I AM: I cherish my friendships so they can last a long time. Axe Sharpening: Happiness is right in front of us should we choose to allow it.~~Rachel Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Mentally scan your body and notice what it is feeling. Fitness quote for today: Focus on the weights you lift. Not the weight you lose.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Believe in yourself more than you believe in your excuses.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,336 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Modified at home Leg Day workout after breakfast.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Almost down to a lower decade! .4 away!
    @Lessennan -I hope the snow isn’t too bad! Supposed to get up to 40s today and then 60s tomorrow.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx! I walked yesterday but for short periods of time. Spent more time inside chatting with friends lol. My kids had marching band practice-yay it was inside!
    @CSEGUIN2 -yay for packages coming. Yay on getting your strength routine back.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker I am reading The Volumetrics weight-control Plan. My doctor suggested it and so did my daughter’s dietician. My book just arrived yesterday, thank you Amazon Man. Once I’ve read it my hubby will.

• EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    To the many here, who extol the virtues of the great team building in these 5% teams: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Ones doctor can probably recommend some sort of therapy or movement that meets the definition of exercise. I remember some of our former SparkPeople trivia quizzes and blogs recommending ways to stave off the desire to want to stay in bed for two days when experiencing some levels of back pain. Again, refer to your medical recommendations and your already great proactive stances that get you into these finely lead teams to help you succeed in reaching your goals.

Today, we can "modify" just about every type of excercise to accommodate our limitations. I had twelve such exercises for two pre- and post-total knee replacements. Foot pumps alone, were both easy and instrumental in keeping good blood flow. (Aid to preventing DVT's/ blood clots). Doing a few here and a few there, making numerous dedicated ten minute workouts.

Okay (confession time): I've been too lazy about reaching my food goals. Moderation of portion size is a must! I must begin again now and make my goal to begin again over and over. Spring is a great time for this rejuvenation. Time to start making my great freggie soups (healthy versions of pho are my favorites) and salads again and following the many healthy eating strategies we learn in these challenges. I love our healthy habit goals of slowing down to eat and using smaller plates.

The more we invest in these fine challenges, the better people we become. Make this day count with your great participation! Hug, hug!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    Good morning, its dentist day today, in 40 minutes, not looking forward to it, but something that needs to be done. Then I need to go buy a roll of Canadian stamps, that will cost but that is ok. I also need to pick up a few other things along the way so I should be able to get my steps and exercise in all at the same time.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I did say on the PS4L team that I would like to join as an honory but hey being here is ok too. The volunteer work does come first, as it affects my spiritual well being and that always takes priority. I can still follow along and do the challenges as time permits just to be hanging out eh ! AND that will put me in good standing for the summer challenge, cause I KNOW there will be one !! About the hair ... I am waiting for it to get longer so Sam ( Sister) can give me a new du !! Time for change eh ! Last night was our last full congregation zoom meeting and so a snapshot was taken.
    mhd5ay3hjugi.jpg
    after
    9q9ea2wxxyxd.jpg
    yesterday was a no jacket day - loved walking home without the jacket on - so looking forward to more days like that too.
    I better get a move on as I need to walk 2 blocks to the dentist, yea it's just a check up and maybe some cleaning --- maybe.
    Happy Windsday everyone !!
    7s7a7pym5xag.gif
    and hi from Amigo the cat too lol
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    it is a mostly windy day here today. my daughter says hi and thank you for the birthday wishes. it's her birthday today and she is enjoying herself and she will be having some cake later on after supper. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    @EjoyEvelyn sounds like a fun trip & special family time. 🚙...
    @Lessennan thanks for encouraging words... simplifying & designing life for different "season" can feel overwhelming...keep trying to celebrate each thing we get done & enjoy the adventure & freedom of retirement.
    Also cake with your Mum is a gift...enjoy! 🍰
    Going for a walk by the water with my hubby today...a bit of sunshine this afternoon = 😎
    Will watch for invites to team for spring... 😊 Smiles Barb
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I was laboriously checking out an article (one of those editorials that serve as a vehicle for endless advertising) where 50 states were ranked by affordability, quality of life and healthcare. My resident state (Wisconsin) ranked #8, while my regularly 'go to' state (Florida) ranked #1. I still hope I don't get sick while in the sunshine state.

Here's my 'Quality of Life' photo to where I am today. Love or not love, I love to find great beauty of my Lake Superior Northland.

dffsjozk3y88.jpg

Dan is about to order the colorful watch band accessory and new charge pads for our travels (10v 1.0A same as my Gear 2, yet it won't work with this new watch -- just another way for companies to get our hard earned dollars.)

Note sent to my husband: "Would you please add the paperback version of the book: Volumetrics weight-control Plan. About $12. (If you already haven't paid for your Amazon cart yet.) MyFitnessPal team (and leaders) are talking about it and it hits upon the reason i so loved Weight Watchers 30 years ago."

There's something psychologically pleasing when we put our dollars towards our goals. It has the impact to help our focus to strive to meet our goals. My apologies for those who read this whose budgets are already stretched to the limits -- in that case, being part of this conversation thread and group of five percenters, is even more important an investment towards improved health.

Hug, hug. May you find your joy this day!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been cloudy, and rainy. Got a late start today and didn't get my main workout done before walking to the grocery store. Ended up buying more than planned and struggled carrying them all home but I did it. So I am counting that as my strength. Got my portion containers today. Not sure how they will work for me but I will definitely try.
  • sunrisedancer1
    sunrisedancer1 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    Yesterday was my DH's birthday. We do not do much, but we picked up some sushi and tried not to feel like we had to work on out "to do list". I did post 71 pictures of him (can you guess his age?) over the years working on projects, spending time with family, and traveling. It was a week long project, but it was a fun trip down memory lane. Today, I have been back in the basement sorting old papers. I am also moving from files to binders. It seems like a good move.

@HealthyBarb1 Oh my- that is a perfect description. It is always check off an item and add two more. It is progress though… You are planting beautiful flowers. I hope to start a few of those early next month. I love cosmos!

@kaliswalker I do wish I had great tips on organizing. One thing that I have found helpful beyond the basics is to choose the area for something first (since we all have limited space). So, if I choose where my cookbooks, for example, will go, then I can select the ones that I want the most and that fit the space. The rest simply must find a new home. I cannot say it is easy, but that has helped a little. I hear your feelings on cookbooks. I use “Plan to Eat” and my recipes are there and I am always finding more online. However, I am not quite ready to let go of the “Cooking Light” annual collection I have. Luckily, they look so nice on the shelf. But, I know that one day they will move on… 300 would not fir on my shelf though…lol. I have a very long way to go and I am not that great at it, but I am inspired by the small steps I have taken and I am excited about the idea of moving more easily whenever that time comes :)

@LindieMaeP I love sunsets too! They can be so beautiful and calming. Our back windows face the west and I love a long lingering sunset across the fields. Thank you for mentioning the book on memory. It sounds like one that I would like to add to my list. I am with you on dentists (although I try not to let the dentists know…lol) and days without jackets. We had a gorgeous day in the 60s a week or two ago and I got spoiled :)

@Dianedoessmiles1 Oh, I hope that you are right and that our cold days are numbered (and may the blizzards skip us this year). I cannot wait to get out to the garden.

@marg750me Getting what needs to be done accomplished is a lot these days. We always ask too much of ourselves, I think. We are on two groups together. I love it when I see that.

@majork29 Oh, that white looks so beautiful in December…lol. It is funny how much I love seeing snowflakes then. We often spend Christmas with my son, DIL, and granddaughters in south Florida. Palm trees for Christmas confuse me…lol. I do love 4 seasons. Alberta must be beautiful. :)

@Lessennan I hope the treatment went well. It sounds like you had a good workout while getting a task done. Congratulations! I have done something like that on occasion when my husband has a medical appointment, but I usually just sit with my phone…

@bookieNJ Congrats on being so close! Those 10s are so exciting :)

@EjoyEvelyn I loved your post. It is so hard to be “on plan” all the time and moderate portions is a goal of mine too. What do you do for healthy “pho”? My DH would love that if I added it to our menus.

I am off to make dinner. Waving at everyone else!! Have a great evening.
    Donna
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    fell asleep night
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It's 37 feels like 32 with a high of 47 for today. I AM: I have empathy for everyone. Axe Sharpening: Never ask someone to do what you haven't done or aren’t willing to do yourself! LEAD FROM THE FRONT! DO THE WORK!~~Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Discover the joy in the simple things of life. Fitness quote for today: When people said " We never want to look like you" Arnold replied " Don’t' worry you never will"~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Overcoming your negative self thoughts is one of the most important things you can do for yourself.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,776 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Truck unload this morning then Shoulders/Chest in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day 🎵🎵- well it can be IF you let it be. It's pretty windy here for the last day of March, that's ok - will the sun rise ? It will always rise, but I might not always see the sun rise.
    @Ceriusly1 I sure hope this last treatment does what is needed, I have had radiation but in different forms, ie heart tests - once I thought it had leaked out of the vein, but oddly enough I am still here! Interesting about Volumetrics, never considered it at all. Now I need to google it and see what I can find out.
    I was fortunate last night to get a real hug - but virtual ones are still nice too. Thank you 🥰🥰
    Up way to early but getting the cat fed was good for him, now he's sleeping on the bed all curled up. Went to Costco last night, wanted to get a gift card but the cashier was not very encouraging so I just went and renewed my membership, at least they found me in their system lol and the picture turned out nice, the person was so helpful !
    What ever you have planned for today, may it be successful as you need it to be.
    d5wybsvrkby5.gif

• majork29
    majork29 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    good morning from Alberta, the sun is just starting to come up and it is above 0 today already. Our snow is starting to melt in a big way.

@EjoyEvelyn – I think that at times we all get lazy about our food goals. I know that for myself I say to myself 1 won’t hurt, the problem is that 1 cookie leads to 2 cookies and then you know how it goes….. or at least for me.

@CSEGUIN2 I’m happy for you that you got your portion containers. I hope they work for you. When I tried them, they didn’t work for me but that was probably more of a me issue then the actual containers.

@Ceriusly1 happy to hear that you only have 1 treatment left. It took my friend a little over a month to get some energy back from when she had her treatments. Not sure what normal is but she claimed that she felt better then she had in a long time. Good luck to you.

@Patti241 Good morning

• Lessennan
    Options
    @ceriusly I feel for you and your treatment. Bet like my pal who is having chemo you look well. It’s so much easier to sympathise and assist someone with visible bruises and bandages look ill.
  • Lessennan
    Options
    @ceriusly I feel for you and your treatment. Bet like my pal who is having chemo you look well. It’s so much easier to sympathise and assist someone with visible bruises and bandages look ill.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    @sunrisedancer1 -thx! I hope to smash it by going past the number-even by just a bit.
    @Ceriusly1 -Aw I hope the radiation goes well. Yay for only doing what has to get done. I hope you can relax with a good show or book.