Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Kaliswalker: I walk every morning weather permitting.

Good morning everyone
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker -thx! There are days I really dread going but off I go! I hope you make it soon.
    @ThursLins -sounds like a cool concert!
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,043 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker - It was a wonderful day and a great chance to relax in a couple of warm water spas and the wood burning sauna - Finnish style. They also had relaxation room - I sat in one for a few minutes reading my book. It is all outdoors and is a cellphone free area so one is force to unplug. We went to one near Blue Mountain Collingwood a few years ago (a gift from my son) and it was all very hush-hush whisper only which we didn't care for as well. This one closer to us near Horseshoe Valley resort, had a quiet zone but also areas where one could have a normal conversation. Great idea for a girl's getaway or for a birthday/anniversary. They had a Bistro for light snacks/meals and a restaurant as well.
    I returned to church in person for the first time in over a year today. I did attend a few Christmas services at the end of 2020 but was not back last year at all. Mask mandate was dropped in Ontario a few days ago so today was the first time that one had the option of wearing or not wearing a mask. Most people were not wearing them. I was fine with that. They dropped the physical distancing a couple of weeks ago so it really was very much "back to normal". I hope that you found a church to attend where you'll feel welcome.

@Lessennan - Maybe you need to schedule a half hour or so for your cross stitch and let it be known that this is your time.

It's a return to wintry weather here in South Central Ontario with temperatures at about -9C, feeling much colder with the wind, and about an inch of snow that fell last night and early this morning. BRRR! At least the sun is making a bit of an appearance. I was hoping I wouldn't need to pull out my parka again this season but was very glad that I wore it this morning! We're in for about 4 days of sub-zero (C) temps before we'll creep up again above freezing (0C or 32F).
    Have a great day!
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,487 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Fun to read everyone's notes about how they are doing. I am currently sitting in my recliner in front of living room window with sun shining on me. Spent yesterday planting flowers while hubby cleaned up the yard. Looks so nice.
    I 💜 Spring 🌷😎
    Smiles Barb
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Fun to read everyone's notes about how they are doing. I am currently sitting in my recliner in front of living room window with sun shining on me. Spent yesterday planting flowers while hubby cleaned up the yard. Looks so nice.
    I 💜 Spring 🌷😎
    Smiles Barb

its great when the garden is nice to look out at.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    It's a cold day here today. It even snowed a bit,too. My daughter says hello to everyone. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I have done two miles from the mega miles DVD and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after supper. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Patti241 wrote: »
    Kaliswalker: I walk every morning weather permitting.

Good morning everyone

@patti241 I walk every morning too weather permitting but this morning the haar meant we couldn't even see across the street. by the time it lifted I was immersed it loads of little household chores.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker I do use my phone for 1st PHORM as that's the only way I found to use the app is via phone. I find no glitches as they update the app regularly.

It's 56 feels like 52 but started out in the 40's this morning. I AM: I know there are endless reasons to love. Axe Sharpening: Always think greater than how you feel. Discipline over motivation.~~Stormi Knight 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today. Fitness quote for today: Add some iron to your diet.~~Courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Sometimes there's nothing you can do but let it rain while you wait for the sun to shine again.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,508 steps yesterday.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    @Lessennan You are energetic with your metime. Mine is when I laze about.

@Patti241 You are inspiring me, which is what the 5% Team is all about. I am so close to pushing myself out the door EVERY morning before breakfast. Once I do for 7 days straight, I know I will continue. I can't use weather as an excuse. Once I get to the forest/park it's sheltered from rain and wind, well I guess I could still get cold. How did you get started doing it often?
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Woke up to some snow falling this morning but then the sun came out. Studied, lots of exercise, and chores. I even got out my rebounder out and jogged. Haven't done that since January or February. Feeling so much more energized and on track. I knew I could do it!
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @LindieMaeP I love your pics! Is that building Harbor Center? In the 1990's I worked several places downtown - Gastown, etc. before I moved to Fort McMurray.

@majork29 Tofield and Stony Plain are familiar place names. So you have a job that requires to you to do a lot of driving. We are repurposing a few spots in the house. That suddenly creates 'clutter', as things get displaced them become 'clutter'.

@bookieNJ OK I did it! I just printed off the water aerobics and gym schedule. Next I will get my gym/swim bag ready.

@Retired_Sue I love how you described the Spa experience. I googled Nordic Spas near me. There is one in Victoria and one in Whistler. We are camping near Whistler this spring so maybe we can do it then. We have been to Harrison Hot Springs a couple of hours away, and Manitou Springs Mineral Spa in Sask. The unique mineral concentration makes you so buoyant it's hard to stand, your body wants to flip into floating.

@HealthyBarb1 Sounds relaxing sunning yourself in a comfy chair.

@cormierannie So you are a Leslie Sansone fan. I have done a few on YouTube.

@macrat12 What is the shortest time you can subscribe to 1st PHORM? I am tempted to try it.

@CSEGUIN2 Way to go. I like how this is becoming an exercise check in haha.

The church we had attended closed in Oct 2019, and we shopped around for a another church but did not land on one. This morning we went to church, the first time in person in a couple of years. People wore masks and later there was fellowship in the hall with coffee and goodies. The tables were spread out and people took their masks off once they were seated. There was a recent exposure a woman and her 2 daughters caught covid at quilting there. We had a very warm greeting and we liked the people, the minister, and the church. It's one we have attended for Christmas Eve Candlelight Services. The church is old and has the original pews for 1926.
    4vaclg03wkri.png

OK I am off to pack my gym bag. I will be ready tomorrow morning! Dinner is planned and prepped, so I have time to exercise before dinner.

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker I believe you can do month by month or annual. Don't think you have to pay but if you want an advisor and the live streams those are premium I do believe. Send me your email if you decide to join and want to join the team I'm on Wolfe Pack and I'll send you my referral link.
  • RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I am excited for the challenge to start. If we picked any team is great, when do we find out our assigned team?
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,094 Member
    Options
    @Kaliswalker ,,, LOLOL It was a SNACKCCIDENT???? (The salad?). Oh it's so scary, but I DID survive it!! LOL
    I have to say Lynn, during the last challenge the snack under 200 calories WORKED!! I learned I DO NOT need to eat hardly at all if I eat supper a little bit later, if I eat it earlier than a SMALL one. WOOHOO to those who may be new to the 5% Challenge you are in a SPECIAL TIME of learning A LOT about you!! TY TY TY Lynn!
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, Oh that meal sounds like you had a GREAT TIME!! AND YES!! Building DO fascinate me to every end!! I wish I had gone into a different type of work, but at "that time" it wasn't a girl allows thing. So many interests though I do have. LOVE the pics!! Older and newer buildings are so neat to look at. It'd be fun to spend a month or longer just exploring the insides and outside of so many of various buildings. So much interest! Many buildings here can be traced back to the 1800's and a few to 1700's. Are you ready be in person again next Sunday? I SURE AM!! I'm going to double mask, I can not take the risk.
    @Retired_Sue, I ALMOST put away my jacket today, but tomorrows weather is going to be a high of 31 F , Tuesday 36. I'll be going away from Weds thru Friday (Home early afternoon Fri) though not far at all, we'll be on the ocean, the beach I largely prefer for good size waves. Remember last years RAIN CAMPING we did (LOL NOT ON PURPOSE!) all 3 days, well this time RAIN on Thurs, Friday, YEAH it's getting to be a TRADITION!! SIGH!!, but than again the waves will be SO NEAT!! I do plan on having the windows open if it's not to cold to do so slightly.
    LOL The below makes ya think,, have we REALLY advanced?
    p0csr7se9n0q.jpg

• marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    SHUCKS!!!!!!! Had a busy day typed it here hit wrong button and lost it. NOT redoing it night
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    @marg750me I learnt in spark to do my post that I really wanted on a word doc and then copy paste, that way never lost. Have a good evenign eh !
    @kaliswalker yes that is HC and I was on 4th for a while - before that 10th Ave and before that North Shore ... lol that sums up my 19 years with the gov't ...
    @Dianedoessmiles1 what do you think????? I dunno ... but the 2nd will tell the tales either way. Plus the 9th and the 15th and the 19th ... so ... glad you liked the pics of the buildings, I thought you might get a kick out of it. My son and I were taking a bus to downtown and I showed him the building he is NEVER to buy a condo in. He said not to worry it wont' happen. They are just one square on top of another, no charactor to me, but I kno you like it. I think... someone got into the dominos or the ... oh shucks, I can't think of it now, its almost bedtime for me and I had a cat throwing up on my bed - well his blankie NOT mine ... and then my daughter texted that she got a message from a co-worker that tested positive for covid, and then that sent a cascade of things rolling with son - she gave him two rapid tests but will do her's tomorrow. I told her I was not doing one unless she tested positive then I will just isolate, no where to go and no one to impress anyway LOL Course son has to be at work on Tuesday for a special event ...
    @everyone have a wonderful day tomorrow and what ever is it you do, find something about it that is positive ...
    yqqjjmviaq0v.gif
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker I guess you are right about that, we do an in between challenge so I am seeing most still losing, and I always hope that most have made real changes that help them even when they are not participating in a challenge. That is the only way we will maintain when we reach our goals.