Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker I can do either the workouts on the app once I picked the program or there is a customize option to do something like in a workout class then put that in and hit complete workout. I've been a subscriber of the app since May of 2021 and love it. There are also a year long challenge and are 4 or 5 other challenges a year for big money each one.

It's 32 feels like 32 with a high of 57 for today. I AM: I am living my most authentic life. Axe Sharpening: Here's your reminder that you're always in control of the next decision you make that can push you into the right direction.~~Laurie Conlin 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Fitness quote for today: Never stop showing someone how much they mean to you.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Every life has dark days. But even when your light has dimmed, it's still there. Have faith that it will shine brightly once again.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,079 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: modified for at home Back/Arms this afternoon.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a mild and windy day here today. my daughter says hello to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker
    i like to dance to music from the 1980's a lot. i also like to dance to music from a wide variety of kinds of music, from jazz to hip hop. i enjoy dancing to country music as well as music from the 1960's up until and including the music of today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Minimal exercise for me is doing my planned exercise except my main workout.

I do know the extra skin is well deserved with ally hard work. It was just a shock to my eyes. I always see myself with less skin LoL.

⛅. All workouts completed, cleaned for a client and went to support my favorite small business. Also did a little studying as I got up late this morning. Got my grade for my 3rd exam 92%. Got 2 questions wrong. Oh well. Good day all around.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker -I did get a lot of use out of it. I go every m-f weather permitting and as long as I’m healthy. So winter time not as good but it’s ok. I would go on weekends if hubby was ok with it
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,094 Member
    Options
    Did a couple of errands today that took under 50 mins all in all (10 mins driving) YO!! I've been resting all the rest of the day. I did count the walking around the grocery store, since we were moving around as much as I could.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Another busy day with no time for computer access. Took CJ to school, home to pack for work, took Shirley to the Dr’s which took 2hrs, back to Jen’s to decorate the 2 cakes I baked yesterday, finished just in time to pick CJ up. I was in bed by 310pm at work by 1025pm
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Hi Again,

@kaliwalker- My tuesday and Thursday’s will be a bit busy now that I will be taking Shirley to dialysis. I will have a little more time for housework after Easter, I will be taking Milo with me when I drop CJ off so I can go straight home no more double back. My step goal is 8000 which I have been making thanks to Milo. After Easter I have see if I can go to Y again I really miss water aerobics

@aalley5 – bummer on the knee. Chair workouts are great I really like SP’s cardio it really gets your heart rate up. Most of SP’s exercises are available online I copied the links but I’m also on the new site

@cormierannie- same weather here hope your day was a good one

@CSEGUIN2- you had a good day WTG

@Dianedoessmiles1-walking is walking always count it

• Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello weekend
    Saturday Exercise completed early
    Functional walk including church material delivery, milk and rolls shop, visit the green gym, savour the freshness of the new day the birdsong, the woodpecker up there somewhere and the tide on the beach. Not forgetting 2+ hours metime.
    Refused a non planned biscuit though I’d love it
    What will the rest of the day bring?
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to do my morning walk.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It's 36 feels like 36 with a high of 59 for today. I AM: I am grateful for the willpower that drives my success. Axe Sharpening: How you view and react to situations determines your quality of life. We all go through stuff. It's our reaction and response to that stuff. That separates certain people from the crowd.~~Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Choose to spend less time looking at screens today. Fitness quote for today: When you want to give up. Remember why you started.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: No one is you that is your superpower.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,613 steps yesterday.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,043 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker - Haven't been here for the last few days so I just saw you question. I'm most happy to say that all of our snow is gone aside from a few patches where it was more drifted/piled up or gets little sun. I'm talking mainly about our property. It's disappeared mainly over the past couple of weeks or so. However we're in for a few chilly days starting tomorrow and there's a chance we'll get a bit more of that white stuff. Good news is it won't last long!

I took hubby to a Nordic spa near us for his birthday on Thursday. It was a most enjoyable afternoon and the weather was fortunately not too chilly. It's definitely worth a return visit. Later we went out to a restaurant with a wood fired grill for a lovely steak dinner (it doesn't do pizza). A splurge but one that's fun to do occasionally.

Time for me to get up and moving here!
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I've changed up my nutrition and fitness routine a little and I should be in a sweet spot be the time the challenge starts!

Tomorrow I start my strength training program. I've had a bad case of sciatica, so I've had to take some rest days.

Ahh, cake.... maybe someday I can enjoy cake again.

Have a blessed weekend!
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Well you ladies are busy, busy! I just saw these posting and thought I would stop by and say Hi to everyone. I know Spring is here but it sure does not feel like it, have the fireplace on today.
    @marg750me Those cakes look o festive, great job, you ae a brave woman having those around you.
    @Retired_Sue That sounds like a lovely way to celebrate a birthday, your right everyone still needs to be able to have spurges now & then.
    @ForeverFitNHealthy Nice to see you are back and feeling better, praying it lasts.
    Glad everyone is looking forward to the Spring Challenge I have notice many have kept losing which is so great, commitment is a wonderful thing!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a snow day but it didn't stay around. But still productive at home. Studied, exercised, did some chores, played a game with Hubby and now soon to make dinner. Today marks my 3 day streak of completing my main workouts! I even did step-ups with my new step I bought. Feeling tired in a good way. Hope I can sleep better tonight.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,094 Member
    Options
    It was a VERY BUSY Saturday here!! I am just coming on here! YO!! But, it's been so enjoyable so I am fine with that!! I did get out for a bit today (I needed a brain break!) and went grocery shopping. Came home and made a 1 MG sodium Lipton Soup mix which was used to make a copy cat White Castle burger. Since my calories had been low for the day it was "YES GO FOR IT!!" My calories so far today are at just over 1250 with the burger being 610 of that. WOW was it so good though.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 How did salad get on your plate? Good for you staying with 1250 calories.

@LindieMaeP Thanks for the watch info. I know a cardiologist that uses an Iwatch to monitor his workout.

@Lessennan We are in countdown mode. What are your favorite metime activities? I started watching YouTube videos and playing online word games.

@aalley5 Good that you can go in the pool and get some pain relief. I make a point of never crossing my legs or else my knees get a few kinks. I love chair exercises! I can multi-task, watch something and exercise.

@Patti241 Hi Patti how are you doing? Do you walk everyday?

@macrat12 Do you use your phone for 1st Phorm? Have you had any glitches? I love this - Action for Happiness: Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.

@cormierannie Wow you are like me and like a lot of music. I love having the radio on in the kitchen and dancing around as I am cooking.

@CSEGUIN2 Loose skin is something you earned, so be proud. I like to wear Long-Sleeved Tops made with a compression fabric. It feels soft and smooth while providing a gentle, compressive feel, and looks great. These sportswear tops go with my usual outfits - underneath a shirt or by itself. Around home I like to wear high waisted yoga pants and a long-sleeved compression top. When I see myself in the mirror it helps me reset how I think of myself. OK it helps if I put makeup on too hah.

@bookieNJ It's motivating to know someone is doing something I would like to accomplish - going to the gym regularly. Way to go girl.

@marg750me Another productive day! The cakes are beautiful! Milo is a great walking buddy if you are getting that many steps. I want to start doing water aerobics again... but waiting till have the early 2 week spring break kids have here.

@Retired_Sue I had to google it - The Nordic spa treatment forces you to sit back, relax, and improve your mental well-being. It will make you feel very relaxed and refreshed. And it also helps your body release endorphins (like it would with aerobic exercise), making you feel happy and improving your overall well-being.

Wow that sounds like a wonderful way to spend a special day!

@ForeverFitNHealthy I am gearing up for the challenge too. I do if I don't wait for a deadline.

HerbsandMore If we all lost in between challenges, we wouldn't need challenges haha. I hope to be back to my last weigh in # soon.

I had a coffee date with my DD today. Then I shopped for eyebrow pencil and nail polish as I had run out, but need it to be getting out in the world again. Eating heaps of raw vegetables seems to be working. I am never hungry and seldom think of food. I got tired of salads so this is the way to go for me.

I checked out 4 churches for where to go tomorrow. After not attending church in person for so long, I decided to look around. One of the churches has been closed for 2 years and is having their first service tomorrow. I chose the one that has coffee after the service, I need to be around people.

• Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker i suppose cross-stitch is my favourite metime activity except that as long as I’m in the house there’s the
    “Just when you get a minute, would you……..”. And my mind throws up things I could /should be/meant to do.
    Out walking On my own the time is mine. When it’s nice I can sit on a park bench and watch the world go by
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see the team start date is up :) I'm in a voice ensemble (small group of 5 of us who sing harmonies to what we grew up with....Crosby Stills & Nash, Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, to name a few.....) and have a concert that evening. It'll be an exciting and busy day.