Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,093 Member
    Options
    Bookienj,, Do you have your own machine or have to go some place? We have machines on the 2nd, 4th and 6th floors, we CAN have them in our own places, but YO they charge a ridiculous amount though I have insurance! of course I have insurance, but how many times do we hear "My burnt down/flooded etc. and I have no insurance." Being a high rise it only makes sense that they charge so much more. Is your wash all done for at least a day or 2? I grew up in a family of 8 kids, 2 adults my Mom and that thing she married. So laundry was done practically 24/7 it seemed. I learned to truly enjoy it. You have your sweet D's so no doubt yours runs also a lot. Does housework ever get done? Nooooo Not even as I am now a family of 1. Its STILL never done.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I love the mountains even more so than the water. I do love the water, but I am at peace in the mountains. On Sunday as an illustration our speaker asked "What's the first thing you do when you climb a mountain?" As you know it's on Zoom, and my computer screen shows 25 people at once. I of course, looked quickly it was so easy to see who has climbed at least one mountains, we were ALL SMILES and our eyes were sparkling!! You HOLLER "HELLLLLOOOOOOO" And it echo's back! mountains are so much fun!! I've seen your pics looks like you have BOTH!! WOOHOO SO COOL!
    "There's no place like home, There's no place like home." :smiley:
    @Csequin2 ,,,, WOW you were so SUPER BUSY!! You've got A LOT done in the day!! I sure hope this works out for your S!! Is he easy there or gets upset? Shoot even at my age I THREATEN THEM EVERY SINGLE TIME to SCREAM!! Of course I do it just to get them laughing. I ask "Can I please scream?" Often before I am even fully in the chair. "Why? are you in pain?" "No, I just want to scare the little kids." They always laugh because they know from my grin , I am just yanking their chain!!
    Oh I HOPE YOu take the words, and write them where you can see them often, and be so cool if others do, because WHAT STRENGTH THESE SHOW!! So very very powerful!! So I played with it for you.
    nbyjo8h4bnl5.png

• marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,690 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

My day CJ to school off to GYN appointment, left there called Judy asking if she needed food at work. This is a person whom I don’t like somewhat but I knew she had no money or car to get anything and she had been at work since 245pm Saturday sleeping there between shifts she didn’t get off final shift until 230pm. SSOOOOOOOOO she said yes to needing food. Dr’s office is 5 blocks from work which I have to pass to go home. She said she had no money I said I didn’t ask for any. She texted me what she wanted from WAWA SURPRISE SURPRISE bill$18!!!!!!!

Dropped food off to Jen’s to walk Milo then home by 1155am. I did a few things finished minutes for Praesidium meeting at 630pm, Rose call, lunch off to get CJ. Back to Jen’s and found out I left paperwork for Curia at home NOT NICE!!! Started religious Rose, Gay phone calls. Back to religious and Jen came home OH WELL!!! I was able to finish religious. Off to meeting. Home by 805 on 3rd call from Rose she called during meeting. Late light dinner Gay call Checking as to why I didn’t come by. Vicky then Dee called there went 75 minutes. Next Kaleb oldest grandson called needed help to get tires for his car. Sent money played a few hands of spider solitaire then thought time to do all checkins

@ RevivingRachel – cute nice job

@ Mango1960 – I wish I had the time to try Wordle maybe in a couple of months

@ Lessennan – great exercise day

Ok can’t do all time for sleep
    Night

After the challenge starts I will explain to the newbie's about the religious
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It's 52 feels like 50 with a high of 60 for today. I AM: Loyalty is rare. If I find it, I keep it. Action for Happiness: Notice something that is going well even if today feels difficult. Fitness quote for today: Whatever goals you have, take some time today for yourself to be grateful for all you have.~~Marie Purvis Motivational quote for today: Our worst critic can be found in our minds. To enjoy inner peace and happiness, you must let go of your mind's judgments and embrace the guidance of your inner voice.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,495 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Modified for at home Back/Shoulders this afternoon after dinner.
  • sunrisedancer1
    sunrisedancer1 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I am slowly trying to get some balance in my life. Things have been absolutely crazy lately and I need to breathe deep. On the positive side, spring is so exciting. Although the ground is not warm enough to work with at this point, I have been outside a lot and the plants that I have started indoors are doing great. It was in the 60s yesterday and my DH and I took a good walk on a beautiful nearby trail. That is just what I needed. I only got through some posts and I hope to catch-up more. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

@Dianedoessmiles1- Thank you for the warm, welcome! Things are not really settling down much, but I am trying to carve out more time for myself. I love your shoe choices. The second one looks attractive, supportive, and comfy. I have so much trouble finding shoes that fit and I have to order online. There is a town a few hours from here. Mt. Horeb, that is famous for its trolls. My husband sometimes jokes that they may have a shoe store with shoes for me…lol. I love changing weather too! I must visit Maine someday. I am glad you had a good visit with your friend.

@lavalily - I imagine that it is wonderful to live in Hawaii. It is on my “must visit” list. Congratulations on your book! :)

@aalley5 - So happy that the migraine meds are working. Migraines are the worst. I have few of them now, but I did for years. I LOVE the images that you post! :)

@CSEGUIN2 - I am glad that you are enjoying the fitbit. My “250” reminders often catch me when I really cannot get up for a short walk. It sounds like that is working great for you. You have inspired me. Maybe I will try to pay more attention to that part. :)

@RevivingRachel - Your dinosaur looks wonderful!

@Mango1960 - I live in Wisconsin and the last two days have been wonderful. I cannot wait to get into the garden more. Spring is always so exciting and full of promise. I am considering online WW too. Let us know how it goes.

@Lessennan - Wishing you a great week. I am constantly creating schedules and then something takes me off track. They do help though. At least I see where my time goes…lol :)

@macrat12 I get so excited when the temperatures hit the 50s and 60s. My husband says I should have become a “weatherperson”. Of course, he also says that I should have taken up farming since I spend so much time in the garden. :) I love your quote today. I have been working to find the good because it can be overshadowed by everything else.

@LindieMaeP My DH grew up by the ocean and misses it so much. I agree that being near water is wonderful.

@marg750me It is nice to see you! You are so busy. I do not know how you do it. I guess I am too since I cannot seem to find time to read or play piano. I never finish my to do list. I hope that you have a good week :)

Enjoy your Tuesday!
    Donna
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good morning, it is starting to get more spring like her in Edmonton. I have not been good the last few days, over eating and not getting my walking or exercise in. The good news is that I continued to track my food and blog. Today is a work day for me, so I will get more steps in. Later today hubby and I have an appointment at the bank to sign some papers.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @bookieNJ thanks for the nerdle idea. My daughter loves math puzzles. I miss the Spark diet suggestions where I think you could find a low sodium diet.

@Retired_Sue I love having little visitors too. I get 3/4 on quordle

@LindieMaeP Thanks for the info about New Balance. Hubby wears size 14 so he orders online but I know he would like to go into a store, so we'll try it.

Word Archive gives you more wordles https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?236
  • kaliswalker
    Options
    @bookieNJ Have you got started with the DASH diet? I miss the Spark diet suggestions on the nutrition tracking page.

@CSEGUIN2 I have to be well rested to exercise too, otherwise I feel like I am being tortured. What new things have you learned in the course?

@Dianedoessmiles1 How do you get "oh it's a great day for cleaning" days? I need an inspiration to launch spring cleaning.

@Grannysue91 Yes the in between challenges are helpful.

@Lessennan You sound so ready to start the challenge!

@macrat12 How long have you had the outside cat? What it's name? I love this - Being more active will increase your energy levels and make you feel amazing!

@Patti241 Temperatures in the 80s would be a heat wave here.

@skaniski26 Did you pick a team?

@sunrisedancer1 When I lived in Northern Alberta in the Borealis Forest the sand cranes nested there. For a long time they were a protected species.

I had Chunky Monkey for breakfast - overnight oats. I substituted blueberries for bananas.

Today I will get to the gym for sure! Yes plz hold me to it!

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -we live in a single family house so yes we have our own machines (washer and dryer). I hang dry our clothes on an inside clothes pole (it was there when we moved here) so I am limited to how much I can do before “the line” is full. We have plenty of clothes so I just try to keep up with it. Lol yup housework never done. I do enjoy the wash because I usually have a podcast/audio book going. Aw sorry you have to go to another floor to do the wash.
    @kaliswalker -I do miss spark people. For trivia and games lol. I for some reason was on their pre diabetic plan but I wasn’t diabetic
  • kaliswalker
    Options
    @aalley5 Good to hear your new meds are working!

@CSEGUIN2 Good to hear your Fitbit is motivating you. Note to self don't ignore reminder to move.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I couldn't bring myself to order shoes online. If all the things you need to try on... but I did it. I had to send back the first pair, my size but snug. 1/2 size larger was good.

@EjoyEvelyn Thanks for being such a supportive teammate. Your date night sounds like fun!

@HealthyBarb1 Are you doing anything special this spring?

@lavalily I can understand why you wouldn't want to leave Hawaii. I've been once and quite loved it. You are quite a prolific writer. I followed your links to https://lavalily.com/ Your new book sounds interesting.

@macrat12 I love this one - Fitness quote for today: Less Sugar, More Fruit. Less Soda, More Water. Less Driving, More Walking. Less Worry, More Sleep. Less Words, More Action.

@marg750me Girl you are crazy busy! I had to google scrapple, sounds interesting. How do you like PeopleOne? I haven't spend time there, but I did join.

@RevivingRachel Great job on the cake!

I will get ready for the gym. It's hard to get back at it, but I have to do it.
  • kaliswalker
    Options
    @bookieNJ The SP diets were based on the choices you set up.

@cormierannie Hi you are a regular exerciser with your walk and dance.

@Kateljm haha - Growing older is an adventure. Yep!

@Lessennan What is a green gym?

@Mango1960 Thanks for the info about Wordling. I am downloading the app. How are you liking WW?

@marg750me What kind of work do you do that keeps you so BUSY??? Wow you are on the go all the time.

Change of plan, have to help DD install her new washing machine.

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,039 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker - Thanks for the link to the wordle archives - although it's a rabbit hole I should avoid! I got a bit lost in the quordle practice hole the other day and I really should try to do something beside word games!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @kaliswalker -yup I did start on it! Not perfectly but that’s life…
    I hope you made it to the gym! I go usually not wanting to-I usually don’t regret it!
    Yup I think I set it up and then years later wondering why? Like I was sporadic with it til last couple years
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, but can someone tell me the date that we're starting the Spring Challenge? When I clicked on the link for team info, I simply got a screen telling me to sign into Google. I use Google Chrome as my browser, but I do not have to sign in to do that. Therefore, I don't have a sign in. Sorry, it just threw me a bit when I got the sign in question. Just need to know the starting date. Thank you! :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    happy tuesday everyone! it is a beautiful spring day here today. my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on today. my daughter and i saw the movie Unchartered on Sunday afternoon and we both really enjoyed it. We are both looking forward to the sequel that will be coming for this movie. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    ThursLins wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, but can someone tell me the date that we're starting the Spring Challenge? When I clicked on the link for team info, I simply got a screen telling me to sign into Google. I use Google Chrome as my browser, but I do not have to sign in to do that. Therefore, I don't have a sign in. Sorry, it just threw me a bit when I got the sign in question. Just need to know the starting date. Thank you! :)

We’ve not got a start date yet
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker a green gym around here is a set of strength gym equipment but set in the park powered by the user and free and available to all
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, thought I would share some more signs of spring here in the lowermainland of BC - This is from the little park across the street from where I live - the city crews will be a round soon to do the gardening. It is a rainy day so you will see raindrops on the flowers or leaves, love to see those.
    v5cekbl1j5ig.jpg
    tytz4fjp9dfk.jpg
    zygpi2qyldrj.jpg
    d26i1ncccmeq.jpg
    26me7hwhbbfc.jpg
    Please do not ask me the names of the flowers/plants, I kinda dont' know LOL
    @kaliswalker I wonder if there is a NB store closer to where you live rather then coming all the way down on Robson - I do like how they measure and then give options. I tend to buy the same shoe - a men's 8 width 6e only because they don' tdo that width in women's guess we are suppose to have wide feet ... and I did inherit my mother's barge style feet - but they get me where i go !
    @Dianedoessmiles1 enjoy this evening eh !!

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you so much for the picture of my saying. I downloaded it to my phone for future use.
    For getting your 250+ steps on Fitbit I sometimes just March in place a few minutes at a time or walk up and down my sidewalk.
    In my studies I have learned that there are multiple kinds of fat and some are more harmful than others. Also that if you just diet without exercise you will lose muscle more than fat and think your just losing fat when you weigh. Mean while you are actually gaining fat around your inner organs.

🌧️. Not a fan of the cold temperatures today. Bring back the warmth. Rest, weigh and TOPS Day. Down 5.5 lbs! Such a wonderful surprise. Today has been a little crazy as I had to get my tooth fixed this afternoon which of course threw off my day. Tomorrow will start a little crazy as son has another orthodontics appointment for scans and photos of his mouth. Of course it's at 9 am.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,690 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Day was here there everywhere, 4th Lenten series, DISTURBING call to Rose after church which lasted almost an hour. Time for sleep. Night
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Diane: It got up to 70 degrees yesterday.