Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @kaliswalker -I meant to say nerdle. Math version of Wordle. Thx! Found out from my dr I need to follow the dash diet so there goes my pretzels. Yup happy I skipped the meeting.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    @bookieNJ I have the Dash Diet book and cook book, but I am sure you can order both from the library - these books are by Marla Heller, Ms, Rd. I started to follow this and then got side trackt. I did do well on it when I followed. I think the key most of us loose is to keep going when we think we no longer need to. Anyway, just a thought.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    Options
    @BookieNJ,,, THANKS!! Yes everyday even 20 years it's still like a gift to have her with us. I am so glad your D is doing better. Hope you got out for a walk? I did!! I did 2 of them, and ahhhh what a GORGEOUS DAY!!! WOW at 71, I'd been looking for a POOL!! LOL be it with ice in it! It hit 60 here today, tomorrow will be a GREAT Day to get the little housework I have since it'll be on and off rain. We need to "oh it's a great day for cleaning" days.
    @Lessennan ,, Love it when the yard looks good!! GREAT JOB!!! Hehehehe TY TY TY for the giggle on the flock of sheep mention.
    @Kaliswalker,, good to be back!! WOOHOO!! Did you end up cutting the grass?
    @Retired_Sue ,,,, Glad you had a nice walk. Today it hit 60!! WOOHOO outside no sweater or sweatshirt!! Just my tee shirt!! Awww we LOVE the Grand when we have them!! But it's nice LOLOL to also send them home!! :p
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, I get the feet shoe thing because a friend takes a 6E also. LOL I do not like going shoe shopping with her. She hates spending $$$ on quality shoes, but I know myself that quality is what matters. Glad you enjoyed the meal with your GD!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,994 Member
    Options
    Diane: The weather here is going to cloudy but in the 80's.
    Kaliswalker: Hi
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    It's 33 feels like 33 with a high of 66 for today and a little slick when we went out to feed the fur-ball outside cat. I AM: I am thankful for the support around me. Axe Sharpening: On my dying day, I will have no regrets because I never stopped trying to win and I never was afraid to lose.~~Tony Sentmanat 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Appreciate nature around you, wherever you are. Fitness quote for today: Warning! Being more active will increase your energy levels and make you feel amazing.~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: To love yourself right now, exactly as you are, is the most precious gift you can give yourself.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,305 steps yesterday. This week's training plan is Modified for at home Chest/Arms on Monday, Back/Shoulders on Tuesday and Leg Day on Wed, either modified for at home or gym haven't decided yet Shoulders/Chest on Thursday and Back/Arms in the gym on Friday.
  • sunrisedancer1
    sunrisedancer1 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I am popping in to say hello and wish everyone a marvelous weekend.
    I have had a very stressful couple of weeks- they say that bad news comes in 3s (the last few weeks have been well beyond that). I am trying to focus on the positive and move forward. Anyway, I miss the challenge and many of you. So, I will try to chat more often.
    On the good side, I have managed to keep up my workouts (mostly walking) on most days and I am playing with my garden. Today, the high is 39 here (southeast Wisconsin), so my playing involves planting more seeds inside. We did have a few warm days and I see lots of 50s in the forecast, so spring is coming :) . The sandhill cranes are back in the field behind our house and the birds are checking out the birdhouses. I am ready for spring. Today, I am planting more onions and swiss chard indoors. The plants that I have recently planted (broccoli, peas, onions, collards, and kale) are 1/2 to 1 inch tall (I hope that they will be in the ground by April. I look at them and feel so much hope. They keep me sane (I know- that sounds crazy).

I will stop in to read posts later this weekend. I am just happy to be back.
    Happy Saturday everyone!
    Donna
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Has anyone received info on the spring challenge. I still don't know when it starts or what team I am on,
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,733 Member
    Options
    @skaniski26 The start date hasn't been set yet but will be announced soon.
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    @Ceriusly1

Thank you I was afraid I missed it.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I've cancelled the flock of sheep and taken charge of all lawns in my garden. it looks so much better.
    I'm starting to reorganise my regime in preparation for the Spring challenge to incorporate metime, exercise and food to make a better fist of weight loss this time. it will continue to be difficult fitting all the Homeside obstacles which can't be eliminated. but I shall overcome
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, ENJOY those 80's!! YO!! WAY to early for us to have near 80 even. We are foggy, showers, and it's in the 40's our high will be 43.
    @sunrisedancer1 ,, HI Donna!! So sorry things have been very hard, but delighted you are here!! ENJOY growing the seedlings, there's just something special about working with our hands. BONUS of course is that you are growing food. That'll be so nice to eat and enjoy, share etc. Glad you are using walking since that helps us to be grounded when life is not kind.
    @Skaniski26 ,,,, along with what @Ceriusly1 has said, please keep an eye on the team page, usually under announcements or in the in the team description at the very top of this team page, a date once known @Kaliswalker (Lynn) will usually post the start date. This is such an amazing, supportive team. We are delighted you are here with us.
    @Lessennan ,,, LOL Nan, LOVE Your humor!! LOL We can always use a good giggle/belly laugh! Love how you are organizing so you can have that very precious ME TIME along with the rest in there! WTG!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,559 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP -great minds think alike! Yesterday I requested it from the library.-going to take a week or two but that’s ok-finding plenty of good info online.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Yw! Yup she’s good now. As always, at dance. I’d be walking now but my dog is sunbathing outside and I am home alone. I don’t want to make her come in yet. So I did a lot of laundry, vacuumed, swept and cleaned the bathrooms. Lol.
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,613 Member
    Options
    So ready for the Spring Challenge to begin. I am doing the in between challenge and that does help. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I spent the first half of the day studying and exercising. After lunch went to clean for client for about an hour, hung with friends for a bit then went to the mall with Hubby and Son. Bought myself a Fitbit as I have been wanting one for a long time. By the time we got home it was about 8 pm. Worked on setting up Fitbit and tracking for the day. Then there was a fire near us in a vacant home so stood in the cold rain watching it till I was to cold and wet. Got to bed about 1 am to be up at 6 am.

Today was off due to being tired. But got some dishes and laundry done. Caught up on some posting that didn't get done last night. Went grocery shopping and bought way to much lol. Played game of life with Son and Hubby. Also got some exercise done but not all of it as I didn't want to over do it with only about 4 hrs of sleep. I am learning lots in my studies. But most of what I am actually learning is either very technical or seems to contradict stuff I have already learned. The rest is like a refresher course of MFP, Sparks, and TOPS. I know the good stuff is coming sooner or later.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Bookienj,, LOLOL I get that!! I HAD some housework I wanted to get done,, the bathroom is, but I didn't get the vacuuming done yet. Oh maybe??? Tomorrow.... it's not a favorite thing to do! LOL CONGRATS!!! NICE JOB!!
    @Grannysue91,, WOOHOO HI Sue!!! So happy to see you over here!! You are doing AMAZING!! GREAT JOB!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, YO!! I read your post and had to sleep for a bit cause LOL you are so busy!! But that's LOVELY!!! Its a thrill to learn especially when you are interested in it. Sounds like you are getting the foundation, for that good stuff!! NICE NICE!! YO the game LIFE used to drive me insane,,,, but RISK WAS WORSE!! LOL I did not like RISK, but Monopoly I LOVED!! Glad you are able to enjoy life as it is.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,674 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Friday was a busy day. Took CJ to school, rosary, Mass, back to Jen’s to take Milo to my house. Home did some cleaning, cooked for spending weekend at work. Walked Milo twice packed car time to go back to Jen’s. Got to Jen’s quick cook fish and scrapple for meals they were already there, picked up CJ then to sleep I went. Up 10 minutes early to get box at Taco Bell which would be 3 meals. got to work on time. Ernestine wanted to talk so after putting stuff in car she came back in and didn’t leave until 1150pm. No time to post from work.

Saturday watched religious online and TV, fill out for GYN forms online for appointment Monday took 15minutes for both. They really want your life history medical wise. did other things online, to car to get sleepover bag, got sofa in lounge ready for sleep, Rose phone call then to sleep I went in. Up put things where they belong I use little fan and radio, took sponge bath, which really wakes me up water get very hot, had dinner which is now 2 meals, did PeopleOne check in now posting here

Ok I finally found and bookmarked this thread thought I had done it before but NOPE and that is where I have been posting. I also posted this on the Winter thread. I will be back reading post to get to know everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    It's 39 feels like 39 with a high of 75 for today. I AM: I live life in harmony with myself. Axe Sharpening: You have to truly believe your "why" and be self-disciplined enough to say no to things that stall or deter you from your goals.~~Kerri Hayes 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Fitness quote for today: Less Sugar, More Fruit. Less Soda, More Water. Less Driving, More Walking. Less Worry, More Sleep. Less Words, More Action.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Even when things are difficult, you have within you everything you need to get through it.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,155 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,994 Member
    Options
    Diane: I enjoyed the 80's today is supposed to be a little cooler
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good morning, it stayed above 0C last night. The snow is melting fast. I didn't have to shovel any water yesterday from my back parking pad. Today is going to be a housework day and I am am going to try and get to the Running Room when it opens to see about some new walking shoes.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    After a DVR'd premiere Christmas Hallmark movie, hubby and I listened to the sound of Les Brown's big band. We danced! Great date night at home.

We're glad to see another day well into the 40°s. Looking forward to taking a nice walk for a few groceries to also get a little sun on my face. Yay!

Do try to make the best, this day, of whatever the circumstances around you. Hug, hug!

PS Virtual hugs may not be as nice as the real thing, but know the sentiment is real as the support we get from our fellow teammates is immeasurable. I have enjoyed your many updates.