Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    It’s 45 feels like 45 with a high of 65 for today. I AM: I am grateful for all the love I receive from the Universe. Axe Sharpening: Challenging myself to new feats is my driving force to push me out of my comfort zone. What's yours?~~Stormi Knight 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. Fitness quote for today: I'm gonna LIFT HEAVY until the day I DIE.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Stay positive. Talk to yourself in positive, uplifting ways even when you feel "stuck" or unmotivated.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,990 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Modified for at home Back/Shoulders either after breakfast or after dinner.
  • RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When do we find out what team we are on and when does the challenge start?
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Just caught up on the chat here. Hi everyone! Who is doing Wordle? If you are Canadian do you play Canuckle too? It's crazy the interest in word games.

This morning for breakfast I had Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats. It helps me start the day with a good food choice.

@Lessennan what are some of your favorite places to walk/hike?

@CSEGUIN2 what courses are you taking?

@cormierannie Hi to you, your daughter and budgies.

@lavalily How long have you lived in Hawaii?

@bookieNJ Do you track calories all the time? Sometimes I take a break and it's hard to get back at it till the next challenge starts.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I know what you mean about living in a tourist area. I live in the burbs but 5 minutes away we are at the ocean and out of towners. It's interesting to meet people from all over the world. I would love to do Karaoke with you. Maybe virtual? What fun!

A reminder to mention the 5% challenge in your blogs or invite your friends. Here is the link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857795/spring-buzz-around-the-airport-lounge-chat/p1
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @kaliswalker I’m a very lucky lady as far as walking goes. From my home I can walk down the next one to a park
    Turn left into the park and it’s a dose of countryside walking choices.
    Straight on and I have 20 minutes riverside walk then shoreline Leven to St. Andrews or Leven to the Forth Bridges.
    With the use of the car for start points I can do small chunks of the coast. My younger by 3 years brother and I walked Leven to Elie and back 12 miles round trip and discovered that without shorter build ups 12 miles is just too far.
    I’m in Fife Scotland
    I’m not doing too well on the tracking thing just now either
    I’m a Wordle fan
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    it is a snowy day here today and not too cold outside. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part-time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Question.
    Kaliswaker asked where I prefer to walk and the short answer is anywhere away from traffic and business.
    I prefer to just take in the sounds of nature around me!
    If you walk, what’s your preference. Sounds of nature or sounds from your electronics.?
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,558 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker -yup I play Wordle and needle. I tried prayordle onceand worldle once
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    Spring is blooming in South Vancouver where I live so I thought I would share some shots of what's blooming ... everyone wants to enjoy the "pink snow" from the japanese blossoms in due time, they are starting to come out !
    tac3x61w3pnq.jpg
    zb9znxsc62l8.jpg
    obfhciahfdo6.jpg
    xr9fxs8gxl64.jpg

As you can see I prefer walking outside, however, with the rain we get in spring and fall it is not always possible - I do have a heavy umbrella but I usually only use that for walking to Safeway (10 blocks) and back. Today's walk was only 25 min...

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am taking Fitness and Nutrition.

Today was rest, weigh, and TOPS day. Gained 5#. Oh well all I can do is keep trying. Today has been crazy busy and still have a meeting tonight so making this quick.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,558 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker -I usually track. Right now I am trying to be as strict as possible to get weight down. Having medical concerns
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    Options
    HI ALL!!! Just caught up!!! Tomorrow, I'll be back as much as I can. WOOHOO this feed is great!!
  • Nipchkin
    Nipchkin Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker I play wordle and also quordle (similar to wordle, but you are solving 4 words at the same time and have 9 guesses total). https://www.quordle.com/#/
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,998 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, It stayed at 0C all night. I fell like spring is in the air.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    It's 44 feels like 44 with a high of 72 for today. I AM: I trust myself and my decisions. Axe Sharpening: The number one decision I've made was the choice to invest in myself.~~Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. Fitness quote for today: EXCUSES: Don't burn calories.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed that a pessimist who had not hope.~~Robin Sharma Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,251 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is Legs in the gym after breakfast then walk outside to get in a total of 45 min.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Kaliswalker @Nipchkin ,,, I too play Wordle as do a bunch of my friends. LOL We'll text each other to show how quickly we (no has ever gotten it on line 1 or 2, but many of us do by line 3, rarely do any of us, though it does happen not solve it) we've solved it. SO MUCH Fun!! I was surprised I got yesterdays on line 3! (Tues) @Nipchkin YO on quodle! I am not sure I am up to that, but I know others who are! TY TY TY!!
    @Patti241 ,,,, HI Patti!! Hope today you are enjoying it. It's cool out and cloudy here.
    @majork29 ,,,, WOOHOO nice!! And yes indeed Spring is in the air for some more than others, but eventually all of us will be!! ENJOY flowers!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, LOVE the pics!! Those are so COOL!! I am about 2 months behind you!!

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,986 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker - Thanks for the tip on Canuckle! I just searched for it and did my first one. Took me all 6 tries but I had to laugh when I got it and the comment came up "You lucky hoser"! 😂 My hubby and I have been doing Wordle too - he started then sent me the link. I do like word games and play a lot of Text Twist too.

@Nipchin - I'll have to check out Quordle - thanks for the link.

It's finally feeling like spring here in SCentral Ontario. It was absolutely beautiful when I left the retirement home after singing this afternoon with the finally shining (we had a lot of fog overnight and earlier today) If I hadn't been so tired from singing, conducting and announcing and being on my feet for over an hour, I might have gone for a stroll on the nearby lakeside trail. It was great to get back to singing but it does take a lot of energy when I'm waving my arms around too! If it's nice again tomorrow, I'll take my grandson (who's with us this week for his school break) out for a walk on the trail.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

So yesterday was a crazy stressful day. But I had some good moments as well. Hopefully my Son's life insurance won't have any more issues.

Today is my friends birthday and we were supposed to be celebrating but haven't heard anything from his wife. Oh well maybe she changed her mind. I didn't get to bed till after midnight. Got up at usual time and my brain was a little foggy so gave up studying and cuddled with hubby and slept for about an hour. Felt better but still tired all day. Didn't get much done today but that's ok.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @retired_Sue,, Oh Sue, I KNOW you missed the singing so much!! Nice for you to have that back!! Awwww your GS would enjoy that walk if you are up to it tomorrow. I imagine the week is FLYING BY!! So sweet for your D and SIL to be able to vacation. NO DOUBT you are spoiling your GS!! I saw my GGS today,, LOL cute little thing he is!! Kids just have a way of making us smile.
    @Cseguin2 ,, WOOHOO on your S insurance, hopefully be taken care of!! Nice. Sure hope you get to sleep tonight!!
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    LindieMaeP wrote: »
    Spring is blooming in South Vancouver where I live so I thought I would share some shots of what's blooming ... everyone wants to enjoy the "pink snow" from the japanese blossoms in due time, they are starting to come out !
    tac3x61w3pnq.jpg
    zb9znxsc62l8.jpg
    obfhciahfdo6.jpg
    xr9fxs8gxl64.jpg

As you can see I prefer walking outside, however, with the rain we get in spring and fall it is not always possible - I do have a heavy umbrella but I usually only use that for walking to Safeway (10 blocks) and back. Today's walk was only 25 min...
    The flowers are beautiful!