Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 Tomorrow I am having lunch with my disbanded TOPS group. What course are you taking?

@LindieMaeP Did you go for dinner to the Cactus Club near the convention center?

@majork29 I was born in Edmonton and still visit family there. How long have you lived in Edm?

@cormierannie Hi to you, the budgies and your daughter. Dancing is great exercise.

@Patti241Hi looking forward to getting to know you.

The last couple of days have been quite social. After being so homebound the last couple of years it takes some getting used to. Last night we were out for dinner to celebrate my DD's birthday. Today we had lunch with the other DD. Haha not looking forward to my next weigh in.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    It's 53 feels like 51 with a high of 76 for today. I AM: I radiate peaceful energy. Axe Sharpening: Take the leap before the net. Seize the opportunities. Take Action. Get really uncomfortable. Be absolutely terrified and do it anyway.~~Rachel Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look around and spot three things you find unusual or pleasant. Fitness quote for today: People run in packs because they don't feel safe alone. I run alone because I don't feel safe in packs.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Don't let life take your smile away.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,121 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is truck unload this morning then either 45 min weighted vest walk outside or Shoulders/Chest will all depend on if Team Wolfe Pack has a zoom chat at noon or not.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,994 Member
    Options
    Diane: I did enjoy the walk.

It is rainy out this morning.
  • gardenergal24
    gardenergal24 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, greetings from Vermont! Here the snow we got over the weekend is quickly melting, with high 50's again today. My snowdrops are in bloom and other spring bulbs are starting to peek through the surface. I love this time of year as we get to watch nature waking up from a winter's sleep.

One of my favorite exercises is walking in nature, but this time of year the trails are so mushy that it's best to stay off until the ground firms up. So I'm trying to convince myself to drive into town and walk where there are real sidewalks. So far I've only done it twice, but at least that's a start.

I've become a Wordle junkie, look forward to doing it every day. In addition, I now do Quordle and another called Wordle2 (https://www.wordle2.in/). In this last one the word is 6 characters long and you can play up to 2 games each day.

Looking forward to the start of the spring challenge, but I'm guessing it's going to be several weeks yet, since most of the teams are no where near full. Any updates on when it might start?
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker Hubby and I have been in Edmonton since 1997, it feels like forever. It is now home for us and unless things really change we will be here for the rest of our lives. We both grew up in New Brunswick. I have lived in NB, NS and Ontario before moving to AB.
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    p6s82aavq5aq.jpg
    Happy St Patrick's Day!
    Happy Spring!
    Smiles Barb
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,986 Member
    Options
    Temperature here today is up about 14C so I need to get my grandson out to go for a walk with me on the trail. We have hot cross buns going in the bread maker so we can't be gone too long. I tried the quordle - challenging but I had the last two words figured out - problem was I was on my ninth try with two words to go. I figured that wasn't too bad for a first shot at it though. It's a game that definitely needs some strategy.

Gotta run - have a great day everyone!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am on my second lesson in my studies. I am studying Nutrition and Fitness. Slept better last night.

🌞. 68°F WOOHOO! Today was a beautiful great day. Found the pot of gold today. Well sort of. It helps relieve some stress and create new stress. But the new stress is manageable and will be gone by tomorrow. Bought some new clothes for the warm weather. Got some exercise. Also found out that not only did I lose a filling, I also broke a piece of my tooth. My coverage doesn't cover it till November so I now have an unexpected expense. Night snacking has been a little better. I hope that that's a good sign.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,559 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Crazy day here. My daughter got me up at 3am in pain. Got her settled back down around 4:15am. Was dr mom til the dr. Dr this morning. Treating like a uti. Got her home from dr, ate healthy lunch then drove myself 40 minutes to my already scheduled appointment. More dr mom. Walked the dog. I skipped the marching band interest meeting but sent hubby. He didn’t think both of us needed to go. I’m exhausted but going to walk a little bit
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, So happy you enjoyed the walk. WOW Friday should be GREAT!! Even I am going to go out if I can!!
    @gardenergal24 ,,, LOVE watching things coming back to life!! WAVING to you from the east,, Maine. But you knew that. GRIN!! Indeed walking in nature is so soothing, calming. You know the seasons are: Good skiing, GREAT Skiing, Skiing in tee shirts, and road construction. A date isn't set yet, I'd totally guess at this point 3ish weeks give or take. Or perhaps before. LOL We are watching new ones who are joining so the teams are more evened out. It's so GREAT to see those from Sparks, but also VERY HAPPY to see new members from MFP!!
    @Majork29 ,,,, I've been to Canada, it's so pretty!! It's been years though. Glad you enjoy it where you live!! Happy to see you here!
    @HealthyBarb1 ,, GORGEOUS flower!!
    @Retired_Sue ,,, Hope you both enjoyed the walk!
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, ENJOY YOUR Studying!! If you a nugget or 2 and wish to share with us, we are open to that Of course you do not need to! YEAH On the 68F!! NICE INDEED!! It'll come here to at some point!! SO SORRY about the tooth!
    @Bookienj ,,, Sure hope D feels better soon!! Anything like a UTI just simply hurts, and hurts badly!! No matter how they get when they are sick, we still very much so want to take them right back under our wings and protect, nurture them. It does feel good so long as they are violently ill, than it's just a simple panic,, or FULL BLOWN ONE!! When my GD (Who I helped raise from 11 up) this is partly why I did so, and I had her a lot from this point on. When she was 7, her mother hit a truck parked on the side of the road. The ONLY reason she "won" the case was because the 18 wheeler had no reflective tape, lights etc on the back of it. But that lady is the worse ever driver. She had allowed my GD to sit in the front seat (Illegal in Maine, likely most states) and my GD's head went right into the back of the tail gate step. Another 1/4 of an inch she'd of not lived. She had a long recover in front of her, it's miraculous that though she lost some things her brain overall was not injured, it was impacted, but as the few months went by she was returning to herself. So with the rest of her growing up, of course I could not get that out of my mind, sometimes though it's been 20 years (WOW!) it still tears me apart.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    It's 50 feels like 49 with a high of 50 and rain today. I AM: I am a kind friend. Axe Sharpening: Change takes time and it isn't always easy. But with time. With effort. Any habit can be formed or changed.~~Jeremy Mullins Director of the My TransPHORMation Challenge and registered dietitian Action for Happiness: If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. Fitness quote for today: Bad day? Keep going. Bad workout? Stay positive. Never Give Up.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: It takes less energy to be positive that it does to be stressed.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,910 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Back/Arms in the gym after work this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,994 Member
    Options
    Diane: I did enjoy my walk. Today is foggy.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    it is a beautiful mild day here today! my daughter says hi to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! my daughter and i are going to see the movie Unchartered on sunday afternoon. Going to the movies is something that we both like to do. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, It was foggy here too than the sun came out and the temp hit 60!!! So I walked up the street to an ice cream shop and got a small shake, so yummy and just enough without being much.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -oh I am so sorry. I am glad she is ok. And they got very lucky with surviving and who was at fault. My daughter seems to be feeling better. Lots of make up work and she has dance
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -it’s like 71 here. So gorgeous! My daughter still has a thin sweater on?!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    It has been a lovely day here. I am delighted to say my garden paths are now all scrubbed clean of any moss so they don't become a slip hazard when wet. Spare parts for 1950s models are getting scarcer and for 1930s models they are almost non existent these days.
    So glad that garden job is completed at home and at my friend's too. Just functional exercise again today but wow did it count.
    I am hoping for dry weather tomorrow so that I can tidy up the lawns at home. I hate to start lawn mowing before April but if I leave it any longer I will need a flock of sheep.

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    @Lessennan If you walk, what’s your preference. Sounds of nature or sounds from your electronics?
    I listen to an audiobook. It's like a body part, I am always listening to it, even at bedtime. Good start on your gardening!

@bookieNJ What is needle? I will get back tracking too. No coincidence, we track, we lose weight. You have been a busy woman. Good that you could skip the meeting.

@LindieMaeP ove your pictures! Plz let me know when the cherry blossoms are out. There are a few places I love to walk and take pictures. L

@CSEGUIN2 up 5 pounds on the scale... likely water retention. What have you learned so far in Nutrition and Fitness?

@Dianedoessmiles1 Good to see you back. Good that your GD survived and is ok.

@Nipchkin I like quordle too, but can only get 3 out of 4.

@Patti241 Hi Patti!

@majork29 The snow will be gone soon. I left Edmonton in 1985, moved to Vancouver. Went to Ft. McM in 1997, returned to Vancouver in 2011.

@macrat12 Excuses don't burn calories. So true!

@Retired_Sue Thanks for the info about Text Twist just tried it now. Singing or conducting, something like that is considered exercise in SP

@gardenergal24 Thanks found Wordle2. Correct date to be determined.

@HealthyBarb1Beautiful picture Barb!

@cormierannie Hi to everyone there, cheep, cheep!

Got to scoot and get some work done. I expect we will be cutting grass sometime soon,

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,986 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker - I appreciated the tip on Canuckle - just introduced to to my daughter who is here to pick up our grandson. He's been here all week for his school break. Glad you like the Text Twist but it can become addicting. I've been doing quordle - challenging indeed, but I've done pretty well. I needed all tries to get the first three words the first time I tried it but I did know what the fourth word was. The last couple of days, I've managed to get all four words but I need ALL of those nine chances to do it.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks we had a nice walk yesterday. Today has been gloomy and not as warm but temps at least are starting to stay above zero C so at least the snow is continuing to melt.

Hubby and I will get back to normal as our grandson will be going home shortly. It's been fun having him but we won't mind getting back to our normal humdrum routine!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, looks like all are doing well and getting ready for the spring challenge, I'll be popping in and out here and there to see how you all are doing, and to let you know how I am doing. So far my streak on the Iwatch is full circles ahead !!
    @kaliswalker my granddaughter and I went to Cactus Club on Robson, down by New Balance as I had to pick up new runners. Sadly they are the only ones who make a shoe wide enough for my inserts that keep my body aligned and my knees from caving inward, being I am pigeon toed and knocknee'd I'll take the men's 8 6E any day over nothing. We had a really nice time. I just came back from Safeway and the blossoms are not quite full bloom yet but don't worry that pink snow is coming !! Maybe another couple of weeks !!
    My friend got me a new coffee mug, I love it, rose gold - she knows I love that too - and this one will wobble if you knock it but won't fall down LOL and won't spill coffee all over either. It's by Mighty Mug and no there's no mouse on it LOL
    My new desk came and the delivery guy was nice enough to bring it up the stairs for me so all I had to do was get it inside my apartment and get it out of the box and put together. I had it all done before my 4 pm volunteer zoom meeting !
    Well have a good weigh in tomorrow and if not weighing in, have a good day and weekend too eh !!

b0zaqatcufy6.gif