Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Diane: that does sound like a lot of rain.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol cute!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Marg750me ,,, HI Marg!! How's it going? Are you enjoying our first days?
    @Lindiemaep,,,,, I enjoyed our talk today also. Such HOPE! UGH on poor Amigo!! I'd not of paid that bill, I would told them "you made the error. You can either take off the charge, or I'll contact a lawyer since it was your error, and you did hurt my cat (in the US pets are not considered "legally" family, they are "Property" if someone messed up my lawn instead of fixing it, I'd not pay for that). Oh I was so unhappy about Izzy's visit though they didn't hurt her ,,, it did clearly stress her unnecessarily. But, we've got that now, before I go the next time, I call and see if the vet is on time (I'll call them 15 mins ahead of time, I am only 5 mins away from putting her in the carrier,, it's a backpack type on wheels for pets ,, it has so many places she can see out). I will not ever put into a waiting area of 99% Dogs. They moved into a much bigger area. Now it's normal to have 5 to 7 pets being seen at the same time, I am going to see if I can find a small vet office. PRETTY Pictures!!
    @Patt241,, today it's FINALLY not raining, it's 54 feels like 49 with the winds gusting at 22, partly cloudy. So much nicer. I enjoyed being outside briefly today. SOON I NEED to get OFF the computer and get some exercise IN!! Think I'll do that now. I'll see ya on PS4L later.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a beautiful spring day. Got to wear a lighter jacket. Got lots of movement today. On top of my workouts and walk hubby and I played Wii sports and marched during the other person's turn. Did a little studying but need to get my study area cleaned. Studying in bed isn't working well as I start to fall asleep.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    MFP is finally feeling a bit more comfortable. I keyed in my first recipe yesterday and added two groupings (recipes) today. There really is hope in managing this new social network to help meet our healthy goals. Tracked successfully for two days now.

While I add heavier weight foods at each meal to aid in satiety, I use less of some of my favorites: a half pat of butter will due after having added back a pat or two regularly to garlic toast or grilled cheese I could eat peanut butter by the spoonful, but an making sure I scale it back to less than 2T makes a lower calorie snack:
    agxto7bmdb71.jpg
    Love this "Brownie's troop" treat.

On a four day streak of meeting my goals to be a better me.

Find your joy this day!

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, WOOHOO on the activity!! WTG!!! I am about to go and do a youtube chair, 70s music video!! Plus I've done some walking today (25 mins) and 10 mins of movement while getting RID of stuff! YEAH YEAH YEAH!! THe more we move, the more we burn off! GOOO ALL OF US!! WTG!! It feels so FREEING to get RID of "STUFF" we do not use on a regular basis.
    @EjoyEvelyn ,, YUMMY adjustments and without cutting your favorites!! WTG!! Do you find it easy to import recipes onto MFP? I did a blog the other day about how to do easily. So far I've have had no issues with it.

OFF I GO to do a 20 ish min video and ENJOY IT TOO! And without getting more exhausted on top of that.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: It is supposed to be a warm week. Maybe a shower on Thursday.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It's 52 and rainy with a high of 62 for today. I AM: I know my gifts include gratitude, listening, and creating. Axe Sharpening: Life isn't fair, but don't let that derail your future.~~Darryl Moore 1st PHORM Advisor Action for Happiness: Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Fitness quote for today: You can get a lot of things back, but you can't get time back. You can't get back life. Time is priceless. Don't waste it. Make it count.~~curland.co Motivational quote for today: Remind yourself that this is a journey. There may be detours, but that's okay as long as you eventually reach your destination.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,225 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: modified for at home Chest/Arms after breakfast and before work.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful sunny Monday however the wind is very very cold - so need a winter jacket unless in the car. Yesterday turned out to be very busy. Gene waited at Mr Lube to have his tires changed from the winter ones - one hour in line then how ever long on the lift - I went for a walk to Superstore and brought back a sub for him to eat, but it turns out he only gets a certain bread, that is soft so it never got eaten. I told him to eat the meat and veggies and never mind the bread, it would be better then the popcorn he had eaten earlier - well he's still got the sub in the fridge, I ate my half lol Then we went and got Amigo a new cat litter box. I wanted an open one - it was huge lol like a mini bathtub but lots of room for the cat, but Gene chose a blue one like a carrier with a door that he can push open either way - well guess what, yup, Amigo thought it WAS a carrier and refused to go in. Gene left the door up and then Amgio had no problem going inside. We will see if he stops pooping elsewhere.
    Then I got invited to my daughter's for a lasagna dinner on the 24th - she makes a really good lasagna and she is doing extra so we can take some home. Gene sent her 45.00 to help pay for the ingrediences. She and Charise, my granddaughter, will be baking it up. I just need to show up and enjoy the evening.
    This morning I was awake at 3:30 am could not get back to sleep so got up at 4 and fed the cat, did my bible reading, then at 530 went and started a load of laundry. After it was in the dryer I went and started my lamb roast and it turned out great. I saved the roast drippings for another use another time and I separated that into 3 different containers. All sliced up and cooling on the counter before putting in fridge/freezer.
    Have all that done, now time to do something else, I think we will be going to Canadian Tire later, Gene was not happy about the 80.00 it cost to switch out tires and then the guy never put them in the trunck right so he was peeved about that. He went to Canadian Tire and bought a hydrolic lift but it is too high for his car, his car is low, then he thought he could just make shift something to raise the car up then use the hydrolic, I suggested safety first, take the hydrolic back and get the right one. So that's what will be happening later. He tends to go from a to z with his thinking/thought process and misses the inbetween. He feels he pictures it right in his thinking and then does not foresee issues.
    I hope everyone is settling into the first week of the challenge and remembers to post if you need help/encouragement/advise/suggestions - don't be shy or afraid to ask eh !
    Have a Mooving Monday - move move move !!
    gc609i5b410c.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    happy monday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! woo hoo! it is going to be mild weather here all week long. my daughter says hello to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i was able to donate some extra food to the local food bank drive at the grocery store close to my home. it sure feels good to help someone. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on! have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Keep up the great movement!

Today was a nice day temp wise. Lots of clouds and some rain. Got my walk in and seen that the *kitten* willows have popped. Not as much movement today as I do not want to over do the cardio that I am not used to. Also did some chores and played cards with Hubby. On to the rest of my night. Oh yeah got my hard copy of my fixed exam. My overall grade average is sitting at 96%.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    bqf82pa6yqwr.jpg

A lot of rain today making me grateful for all the plush grass and tons of wildflowers starting to come up in the woods.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, WOOHOO today we hit 61!! Loved it!! We did a walk, have to go slowwww because of ME!! But my friend was willing to do that. :smile: GLAD you are having a break from ALL THE RAIN!
    @LIndiemaep,,, Oh cats are so FUNNY!! But, yes they'll NOT want to go into anything that's like a carrier!! Poor Izzy after last weeks FIASCO at the vets!! I am so seriously looking for another vet. This one was SO GOOD since 79, but the move to the "NEW AND LARGER" place ,, well they've lost what they always had, our pets interests at heart. Now it's simply a BUSINESS!! NO TY TY TY!! That lamb looked good, though hmmm I've never tried it,, you know the "Mary (My Moms name) had a Little Lamb,, " Song. LOL I just can't. LOL We are strange beings!!
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Glad you didn't over do the cardio! Smart move!! Awww on the Willow trees popping!! I LOVE Willow trees!! We had a good size one in the yard as I grew up. Things aren't quite green yet, I am sure bit and bits will start soon. The crocus plants are just starting up! We could still get snow, but not much from here on out. LOL SO THEY SAY!! I was giggling at the "Other Portland" today out west. Our Portland as written above 61 and SUNNY! WOOHOO!!
    @Novembergail ,, LOVE that picture!! Indeed we NEED rain to have our very pretty flowers, for gardens, birds, well for LIFE.

Tomorrow I go and have a tube up my nose, into my stomach, drink water,,, it'll come out and a smaller one will go in. I get to come home with that one, for 24 hours, than I go back in and out it'll come. Weds will be a HAPPY DAY!! PLUS the cribbage tournament is starting up again!! WOOHOO!! I am a 2 time winner, I DO NOT WANT TO WIN AGAIN!! Yet in all good conscience I can't throw a game, if the person who beats me as we play, wins I celebrate it so hard with them!! I LOVE THAT!! There ought to be quite a few who show up to play since "at the moment" the virus isn't in our area much. In the state of Maine only 3 people are on vents with it. Since my cousin's Hubby died about 4 weeks ago,,,, it's so scary. A BBF Mom died in Feb from it. Let's stay safe!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Best wishes tomorrow! Sending good vibes!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 your such a trooper and I promise not to send you anything that will make you laugh or make you smile or feel uncomfortable, but being who you are, I know you will handle it. All in all, still gonna say a prayer for you ... it's so close eh !! One day I have to get to your Portland, butnot today - the numbers are still not good enough for me to get on a plane, and well, people are not always honest, for what they think are a good reason. One day .... oh and Mary had a lil lamb - once when I got lamb chops my grand thought I was butchuring bambi.. that's how much she knew between lamb and deer LOL deer is not bad, if done right .. other wise too gamey !!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, One more day closer!! THANKFULLY!! Oh MANY are NOT honest with getting on planes and other events. I know someone who went to a family funeral back in Dec (In the south though she's from Maine ,,she had flown down) her brother was also there, he flew in from Denver. There IS a way to not show a fever, simple, ,, shoot even the kids in the 2nd grade had been taught "take a Tylenol". So he had flown ,, was with the entire family at the funeral (again he tylenoled it) over the next 2 weeks, 2 MORE Family members DIED from his selfishness!! Many others were infected. His response? "Well then they shouldn't of been there!" Needless to say his family is not in communication with him. Oh UGH I grew up eating moose and deer!! I DO NOT LIKE IT!! I did not as a kid, but my Mom had a full time job, and yet the thing she married INSISTED dinner BE ON THE TABLE AT 6!! NOT A MINUTE LATE EITHER! So she was literally throwing things into pans. Most of the time it was okay ,, sometimes NOT okay. My brother "claims" to cook it right, I just can't get myself to eat,,, BAMBI!! LOL or BULL WINKLE!!

@Everyone here's some info that has been posted on the PS4L team we thought you may like to know if you don't.

Some of you may wish to join us on how to put pictures or GIFs into many posts, but may not know how to do so. Here's how (Excuse me while I flood the feeds with this because not everyone reads all the posts and may wish to know so they can also play with us). IF THIS does not make sense or you'd like further clarification please ask away. We are always HAPPY to help.

To download your badge (can be displayed on your page as your picture on the My Home feed, in a blog or just to enjoy for your satisfaction, or download to your phone etc and SHOW It off to those outside of MFP! YOU ARE DOING THIS!) Right click your mouse over the badge ,choose the SAVE IMAGE AS. Its now saved!!! GREAT JOB!!

How can you put a GIF into a post? GLAD YOU ASKED!! Find the GIF you'd like to use (to do so easier put in GIF and a few words for the description such as Congrats) once you find the one you like: Right click on your mouse , a menu box pops up click on Save Image as
    ql3pin942x5t.png
    Put in the name so you'll find it easily such as GIF Congrats. HIT SAVE. Than upload it into the post you wish to upload it into.

How do you UPLOAD to a post you wish to put it in? As you would a picture. Just in case one may not know. Open the post you wish to put a picture or GIF into.
    07npqm3f4bny.png
    CLICK On open

You'll see a BLUE LINE going across the top of your post depending on your wifi speed it may be very quick ,, or not. TADA ALL DONE!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    I post a GIF picture by clicking the windows key and the period key on my keyboard at the same time. That brings up a menu and I simply type in what I want and it provides me with some choice, no need for me to save it, its a one time thing. If I don't like what it pops up, I reword it. The windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt key usually to the left of your space bar.
    8kbgegm35qsv.gif
    So I typed in good night and scrolled and anything with a butterfly will almost always be posted !!

PS @Dianedoessmiles1 my dad felt the same way about rabbit - and someone told me that aligator tastes like chicken, ya ok, not gonna EVER be on my plate if I can help it !! I was once married to " a thing" and I have learnt to forgive them, so much more peaceful that way.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    It's 62 feels like 61 with a high of 80 for today. I AM: I surrender to the wisdom of the Universe. Axe Sharpening: Without commitment, we'll never start. Without consistency, we'll never finish. Commitment to your purpose and consistency with your actions is what separates the dreamers from the doers.~~Kerri Hayes 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Move as much as possible, even if you're stuck inside. Fitness quote for today: Change is always hard at first. But amazing once you reach the end.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Free yourself from the prison in your mind.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,851 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Strength Part 2 Week 1, Day 1 in the gym after breakfast then if needed some walking outside to get 45 minutes.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Yeah it was nice out yesterday. Planted tomatos finally. It is raining out now. May go out later.