Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -hello! We left Friday and came back late Sunday night. Then yesterday we did a college visit for my 17 yo.we all liked that school. She’s looking forward to applying in the fall. Now we are just home chilling. My 13 yo is at grandma’s til Thursday
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @kaliswalker -sounds good! I got my speed up to 5. Incline I don’t know? The machine kept adjusting that. If it felt too easy I increased the speed
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday we got maybe a half inch of snow if we're lucky. Today we have had lake affect snow on and off but nothing sticking. Looking forward to nicer weather so I can get the bike out. Today was rest, weigh and TOPS Day 🔻.25 lb! YES I CAN! Granted after how much I ate at Easter I am giving all the credit to my hair cut🤣. We had a great meeting about inspirational quotes. The one I got says "Success is what comes after you stop making excuses!" Still have my meeting to go to tonight. But made time to check in.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 at the height of the storm 30,000 lost electricity. It poured out so HARD!! But, I love the sound. Like you inland and mountains got some snow, but I do not think they got a lot. Still it'll melt by tomorrow or Thurs.
    @Novembergail ,, SO PRETTY!! Oh SO NICE!! i am sure at night you can see the STARS!! It's been YEARS since I've seen a night sky full of stars. LOL When we went camping we figured we would, RAIN!! When we went to the ocean a few weeks ago we figured we would,, RAIN again!!
    @Bookienj,,, kids grow WAY TO FAST!! WAY TO FAST!! I hope your D gets in where she'd like to be. The true springboard into adulthood! Hope all goes well.
    @Cseguin2 ,, LOVE that saying! TOTAL CONGRATS the scale is GOING DOWN FOR YOU!! WTG WTG WTG!! Hope your 2nd meeting went well and you are able to get out on the bike soon!! I have a cousin (a little older than I am and female) who's decided that WINTER BIKING is very well worth it!! She retired this year, but for a few years she biked over 4 miles to work (at the largest hospital in Maine) including the winter!! She did take the car if it was pouring way to hard or snowing high, or icy, otherwise it was bike even when LOL when it hit -10 F.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It's 56 feels like 52 with a high of 69 and chances of rain later this afternoon. I AM: I accept that I did my best today. Axe Sharpening: If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should go for it.~~Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Focus on 'eating a rainbow' of mulit-coloured vegetables today. Fitness quote for today: I don't DIET, I just EAT according to my goals.~~motivation-wall Motivational quote for today: The past has no power over the present moment.~~Eckhart Tolle Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 18,649 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Cross Training Strength Part 2: Week 1, Day 3 in the gym after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    Windsday to day, how are you all doing? It's a sunny day here for a change, but it has been such a cool spring, not a good sign for the farmers, who need to get planting, although they could plant things that need this cool kind of weather, no idea what, I am not a gardener or farmer !!
    Got caught in a sunrain last night while going to my meeting - I took some pictures. @Dianedoessmiles1 everything went well last night, including me in my part - and the CO visit has begun, no time now for other things, but so worth it !!
    pva22udplakz.jpg
    I was undercover by the time this hit, did not get too too wet !
    eku3cwk0lsyk.jpg
    I did get a couple of shots of the rain dancing in the sun, but of course the phone camera does not always see what your eyes see and experience!
    qpqndmvgn0om.jpg
    And the tree to the right is looking so nice, love the sun shining through the branches, but the focus was really the rain pouring down !
    actrlkzhiltd.jpg
    Have a great WINDSDAY everyone !!
    kfd8pewq7b9l.gif

• bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx! It’s getting accepted and then the financial part has to work too. We have time luckily.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Got lots of exercise today. Walks were small and not tracked. Step-ups not tracked as well. Got some dishes done and some laundry. COVID seems to be going through our TOPS group. I am a little nervous about possibly catching it but don't want it to control my life or live in fear. I will continue to do what I can to stay as safe as possible.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Was a pleasant day? This AM I slept some because last night I DID NOT SLEEP!! SO STRANGE!! But every now and then it happens. LOL POOR Izzy on those days!
    @Lindiemaep ,, I got something so sweet from a friend in the mail!! I WONDER WHO? GRIN. TY TY TY I need to buy more international stamps. Last night I tied in on Zoom. When I stood up and though the world was going to fall down, it's a good thing to NOT drive!! Still I did get to enjoy it. CONGRATS on your part going well!! I had NO doubt it would. BUSY, but joyous week!!
    LOVE the pictures though I am SURE IRL it was simply GORGEOUS!! One of those times one is so happy to be outside. Nice pics! TY TY TY!
    @Bookienj,, it makes it easier when the child is motivated and knows what they want. When it was that time for my GD, I was encouraging her to do a trade school, since she HATED book work. In the end though it's worked out very well for her, she's working in a factory in a management position. She's able to handle thing money wise very well.
    @Csequin2,,, Sometimes we really need an easier day, and most planes have landed or are very close to it. UGH Sure hope you are okay and do not get Covid. I'm masking again in the grocery stores etc. With the numbers in the Northeast really GOING UP UP UP it's the same thing for me to do. It's up to each person of course if they do or not. my health is bad enough. Breathing is affected, though it's not my heart, and so far the lungs look okay they say, but they may need to do more tests. I am not sure yet.
    Had a nice day I am the President of the Council here, we had a monthly meeting today. WOOHOO it was short!! We had some laughs, which is always GREAT!! If you can keep a group who may not otherwise want to get along, to do so, that's a WIN/WIN!! Many buildings that are larger have the ones they like, and the ones they DO NOT Like. Of course that happens here to but we work on keeping it at bay. With cribbage I won (SKUNKED HIM) a game, barely lost 1,, the other one we had to end early so Sue won, though we are pretty sure if we'd been able to play it out,, that of not been the case. LOL but it's fun of playing I enjoy.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 55 feels like 55 with a high of 76 and chances of rain this afternoon. I AM: I am becoming closer to my true self every day. Axe Sharpening: Food is fuel. Owning a luxury car, you wouldn't put in low grade fuel. Likewise you should take care to fuel your body with high grade nutritious food.~~Stacey Irving Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Fitness quote for today: It takes a certain degree of obsession to get fit.~~healthyfitmantras Motivational quote for today: When you remain positive, you notice the opportunities in everything.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,691 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: truck unload this morning.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    8gqforlq37ou.jpg

I love when Catawissa and Cricket wait at the door -- though they tell me not to take it personally 😏

@LindaMaeP: Love the sun-rain photos. 😻
    @Dianedoessmiles1: Cribbage is going well! I'm waiting to hear that you brought home another trophy.
    @Csequin2: Take care of your health! Spring time can be tough with the additional problem of pollen.

Have a wonderful Thirstday -- drink that water!!!

• bookieNJ
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -Aw I hope you stay healthy. I am trying not to live in fear of catching it either
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -oh that sounds great! I am happy she is in a good place in life!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    happy thursday everyone! it is a mild and mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone. she works today after school at her part time job. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sleeping was rough last night. Woke up sick this morning. Sore throat, headache and stuffy nose. Feeling foggy. Rain in the morning but a beautiful afternoon. Wishing I could go for a walk but playing it safe and quarantined. Hoping I feel better sooner than later. Still got all my indoor workouts done. Just did them slower and with longer breaks inbetween. Made a deal with myself that I would do only what I could handle from each workout. Turned out to be all of it. Planning to go to bed early tonight to see if that helps too. I was supposed to make veggie stir-fry tonight but no energy for that so we are ordering who know what. Please stay safe and mask when possible.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    HI ALL!! I'll be back tomorrow. Such an unreal busy day. I was volunteering to help a neighbor who was moving ,, I had told myself 2 hours. I STAYED at 70 mins today. We had a concert where I live tonight. It was so much fun!! Than that neighbor wanted help setting up her TV,,, turned into more. I am so tired, and I know you all understand that. DO NOT WORRY I set a very firm boundary with her. She moved from the floor I am on, to the one above. Hehehehe I am so HAPPY!! She's a hoarder and not clean, so WOOHOO It'll smell so much nicer, I WANTED HER to move. LOL A METHOD TO MY MADDNESS!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments on my rain/sun pictures - I love sunrain - one thing I missed about Ontario but not enough to move back LOL
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I am glad you know your boundaries and are somewhat sticking to them. Very kind of you to move the stinky lady.
    Wishing you all a very very happy Friday, almost the weekend eh !!
    jgopbo5urqvy.gif

• macrat12
    Options
    It's 68 feels like 68 with a high of 82 for today. I AM: I know how to make the right decision. Action for Happiness: Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Happy Earth Day!!! Fitness quote for today: Accept your flaws. Worry Less. Smile More. Lift Heavy Things.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Whenever a negative thought tries to push into your mind, replace it with positive emotions.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 16,566 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Friday noon Cross Training (Cross-Fit) Class in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.