Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it's friday! hurray! the weekend is here! my daughter says hello to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i got some much needed groceries for a good friend of mine earlier this afternoon. i like to help others whenever i can do so. i also got in some strength training when i got the groceries today. i will most definitely be doing some dancing later on to 80's music! have an amazing day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone! Such a crazy day. Started out normal. But my daughter’s (who is a dancer) had a foot that was bothering her. We think she has blisters and a wart. So I spent a good long time finding a dr for an appointment today-between being people on vacation and sick it’s rough. Then toilet overflowed. Then while walking with a friend, dr called-had to cancel his kid got sick at dr. Spent an hour finding new appointment, hubby and daughter are there. I didn’t eat junk as much as I wanted to! Ate just normal lunch
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Another good day. Eating at the senior center brings back some of my former habits ... especially saying no thank you to desserts for this savory gal. Fortunately,
    Dan enjoys the sweets more than I. For several months, I was eating cakes, when I'd prefer freggies or perhaps a tasty bread.

@mtngrl My Brussels sprout soup changed daily. Since I can caramelize two large onions in less than two tablespoons of butter, I thought my lower fat soup would be good chilled. Okay, but not great. Dan could eat but a few bites. Day two served hot was much better. Day three, even better. Go figure!

I need for so little, but the basic needs. Therefore, I love a great buy! And yes, I admire the art of frugality, without coming off as a cheapskate. The scarf was a $3 buy about a 10-15 years ago on a clearance table at Christopher and Banks.

Never been much of a 'baker', but I love using my oven to roast ... I roast my eggplant before I make a curry and my favorite potatoes are first combine a little olive oil with garlic, onion, white pepper, and paprika in a zip lock bag before baking into tasty jo-jo's. With time, baked potatoes taste so much better out of a hot oven, than a microwave, so I can more fully enjoy the crispy skin and forgoing so many if the extra toppings. I must admit, I loved those weeks of old where our freggie servings were not limited.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Last night ended up eatting a whole medium pizza by myself for dinner. I have never done that before. I even had a soup bowl of spinach ceasar salad. Today trying to keep the food under control but not really working. I don't know what I have but it seems to be hungry. I felt a little better today but not much. Completed all indoor workouts so am not stressing about what I am eating right now. It is what it is. Got almost 8 hrs of sleep last night as I went to bed early and set my alarm for an hour later. Doesn't make sense to get up at my usual time when I am sick and not studying.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,135 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, HI!!! Sure hope your day has gone well?
    @Novembergail ,,,, Awwww those cats are PRECIOUS!! I've forgotten if they are yours? How's Pup Pup? LOL Still so cute, and oopsie,,, but cute? LOL I Miss the stories.
    @Bookienj,,, I agree!! As a Mom as you already know, the worry NEVER Ends, no matter how old they get. She's fortunate to have parents who love her and her sister too. So many families lack the real love. We do not sit back and say "OH GOOD JOB!" once a child in our lives, its forever, and it's wonderful. As we know my GD is not by blood, but through the heart, and still I do worry, but I also do smile a lot. Love is great. An exciting and sad time for you all.
    @Cseguin2,,, Sure hope you feel better soon. Id not worry about the pizza, it'll come off fast enough. Please take care.
    @Lindiemaep,,, Today I was going to help clean her place, but did not at all feel well enough. So I told one of the helpers "I can't today." Awww they did ALL for her, I do not need to do any more. HAPPY WEEKEND!!
    @EjoyEvelyn ,, HOW COOL that you prefer veggies over cakes etc.!! That's so neat!!! I used to love baked potatoes, I'd cook them for 7 mins in the microwave, than stick them under the broiler and watch them carefully for that perfect skin crunch. Or in the toaster oven, under toast and just watch them carefully. LOL I am a LAZY cook! I never enjoyed cooking, I still don't, yet, I LOVE the foods I cook so it's a GO NOW!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    qx2r43bl5sr9.jpg

@Dianedoessmiles1: This photo of my psychologist, Billie, is for you. Knock on wood, but she hasn't been going after skunks, but the same cannot be said for baby rabbits. Sigh. And, yes, those are Catawissa and Cricket, my house cats. They just keep getting bigger and bigger. The community here has six cats and two dogs, so sometimes I will share photos of the others. Of course, I am partial to mine.

@CSEGUIN2: Glad you are sleeping and feeling better. Take care and the hunger bug won't stay around long.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,231 Member
    Options
    It's 67 feels like 67 with a high of 79 for today. I AM: I am calm at all times. Axe Sharpening: You can't expect change without making change.~~Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. Fitness quote for today: When you have a goal, you have to do the work. No Excuses.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: If you control your thoughts, you control your life.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,912 steps yesterday. Got in a great gym WOD in the noon class yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw thx! Hope you have a great weekend!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Beautiful summer like day. I am happy to report that today I am feeling better. But still not up to snuff. So proud of myself for continuing to complete my indoor workouts while being sick. But I am done with being sick. I want to be able to go out for a walk. So far food in has been lower than the last couple days which is a good sign as well.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Novembergail ,, Awww there's that ever WAY TO SWEET and very entertaining Billie!! HI BILLIE!! We've MISSED YA!! And your Mom of course!! Oh absolutely HI To Catawissa and Cricket from Izzy PUUUURRR PUUURRRFECT!! GLAD Billie realizes ,,, LOL HOPEFULLY those skunks lead to special treatment!
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! It was a wee chili, but not to bad. Last night I was walking back from the grocery store about 7:30 PM, I didn't need a coat it was 42. A couple of teenagers (Girls maybe 14ish?) stopped me "Aren't you COLD?" I had to giggle I wasn't cold. An older woman stopped me "Aren't you COLD?" "No, when I walk I get super heated. I'm going to HATE SUMMER!" She laughed "Yes, me too! HOT FLASHES!" we laughed and kept going. Mind you it's a 3 to 4 min walk home at this point.
    @Bookienj,, any plans this weekend? Today I took it easy. A friend and I did run a few errands this afternoon, that was nice. We both tire out pretty quickly though. So strange we've been friends since our late teens into our 30's we were so FULL of energy, we took up rollerblading in our early 30's! YO huh? Oh BTW it's NOT a good idea to the first time you go out, to do so at night (our logic the neighbors won't laugh at us) but IF THEY COULD OF SEEN US THEY SURELY WOULD OF!! Neither of had really practiced stopping, and OOOPS we hadn't taken into consideration "THE HILL" where we both LOST CONTROL!! Somehow we both managed to stay upright trying to NOT scream our silly lungs out! LOL we avoided that hill afterwards. I still drive down it often and every now I'll start to giggle.
    @Cseguin2,, so glad you are starting to turn the corner. Just do what you need to, let that energy build up. Though we know you want to help your team, if you come back strong, you'll feel better, and that's ALL any team wants for each and every member.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,431 Member
    Options
    Good evening folks, my busy 8 or 9 weeks is finally coming to an end, I am so looking forward to MAY it is my fav month of the year, just after the so called April rains and JUST before the heat wave of summer - so May is my month ! My business has been successful indeed!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 we had our final talk from our CO - well we have one more service group tomorrow and then lunch over zoom with the CO and then they move on! It was a bitter sweet end to 5 years with this CO and at the end, we were all choked up singing the final song of the meeting, and then we had a congregation foto taken. THEN it is onto the lasagna murder mystery dinner at my daughter's - we were all assigned a charactor to create a costume for. My costume is for the princess that was / is betrothed to the slain younger king - I did not do it !! Anyway the funny thing about this princess, is she cares for CATS !!! PURRRRFECT eh? I had to rig up a white dress kinda costume, and since white is not being sold now, I went to the dollar store at Aberdeen and bought some short cafe curtains with a rose design that are white, and then I threaded a scarf through them to tie around my wast - er - well - anyway I have a white top and lots of jewelery and then I have a braided pink headband, that will be my ... crown .. hmmm... I'll get my grand to take a picture when I have it all together tomorrow !! I was out this afternoon with just a sweater and at one point had to take it off - I was just too hot from walking !
    I also took pictures of clouds but they did not turn out as well as i hoped, so I will work on that - there will be lots of clouds from time to time to take pictures.
    @NovemberGail your Billie is adorable !
    @CSEGUIN2 I hope your feeling better soon and you follow @Dianedoessmiles1 advise and just gradually pick up speed. It's still early in the challenge so this might have been a good time to be a bit slower then normal.
    Here's a picture from today's outing :
    43nn02j0v4gc.jpg
    Have a good night and a serene Sunday !!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,231 Member
    Options
    It's 50 feels like 47 with a high of 63 for today. I AM: I greet today with calmness and confidence. Axe Sharpening: The plan is to strive to be the best version of myself for as long as I'm destined to be here. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.~~Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wildlife-spotting. Fitness quote for today: Eat Clean. Get Fit. Be Happy.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Today's a good day to have a great day.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,918 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    U-Haul was all packed yesterday. It and 2 vehicles pulling out tomorrow for Tenn. My sister and I will be returning on Thursday. Mom will be staying even though she makes sure to get her digs about me that this wasn't her idea. Recently she has also taken to making snide remarks to my sister and brothers. She has gotten a lot worse to the point one night she was talking and I asked what and was told she wasn't talking to me but to Deb (who I happen to be). Plan is for once I return to Ohio I finalize everything, get rid of what we weren't taking and that everyone gets what they are taking. I will be returning to Tenn May 14, a little earlier than planned because my aunt says she doesn't think she can handle Mom alone
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    hp28dq2z20ck.jpg

The male hummingbirds are arriving! They are a bit later than last year. Also saw two swallows so they are coming back, too. So far I haven't seen any phoebes or summer tanagers. I just need to wait patiently.

• bookieNJ
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -well it’s Sunday afternoon now. Yesterday hubby and I went Pokémon go hunting for 3 hours…lots of walking. Today I walked with a friend, played games with fighter/hubby, and soon I get to play mom taxi for my older daughter. She is getting out at 5pm or later so hubby wants me to get there at 5 and wait. So I will. But bringing a fully charged phone and book. And lol about roller skating adventures. Glad you enjoyed the errands.
    @LindieMaeP -yay on successful business!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a beautiful summer like day. Feeling so much better today! Just need to get rid of the cough completely. My day was very productive and still feeling energized. I am listening to my body each day all day. Normally I would have just made excuses to sit around while sick even when I didn't need to. Not this time! I HAVE THE POWER! 😂
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,,,Awww I wanted to see a pic of you as the Cat Princess!!! In May is our last CO visit, oh there's no doubt there will be tears when our CO leaves. Happiness when the new one comes.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!!
    @dkhudson56 ,, Wishing you well.
    @Novembergail,,, COOL Pic!
    @Bookienj,,, COOL Steps!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Glad you feel better!

BUSY DAY today!! Had a friend over, but the virus is starting hit here so badly, that this will be the last time I have anyone over here.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Hello everyone. getting ready for my daily walk