WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
kun0iyxfkouy.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs from April 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    Welcome to April!

This is our home for the month, where all of our joys and challenges take place. Please (re)introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86 . I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed it on while in an admin job that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. In October 2022, I'll hit 10 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link is under "Announcements" on the main F2F page. Or go directly to
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NX2AD94v75hxkJMX-wWdnxLL9EQ1ink_WcWbYrcWEqs/edit?usp=sharing

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals for the month, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the introductions roll!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    Hi WA's You have another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @kathrynartis2271 :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Hi all!

I am co-captain of this lovely team and reasonable for the step team. If you're not already a member, just let me know you're going to be joining up, provide your daily step pledge if you have one, and then every Sunday, post your stats for the Sunday-Saturday prior including your stro count and any exercise minutes on top of that (that I'll convert into a step equivalent for you.)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    April's Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, April 3rd. Join us for the ABCs of TLC and spend some time sharing, planning and being active with the group. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860985/april-week-1-group-challenge-abcs-of-tlc#latest

Jessica
  • kathrynartis2271
    kathrynartis2271 Posts: 9 Member
    Username: kathrynartis2271
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): N/A starting today
    CW (Current Weight): 99.65kg
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2022
    jugar wrote: »
    Welcome @lauren_989 and @kathrynartis2271 - it is great to meet you. Let logging be your word of the month and try not to join what we love to call the "breakfast club"! We all know how hard it is to log all the things especially if you are off plan or had a snack attack, etc. Logging breakfast is the easy part, but keep going all day! I find pre-logging very effective. Even if it is only a bit before, log the meal you plan before you even make it, and it is a great feeling of pride when you stick to it. And way more fun than having to log the things you wish you had not eaten... But no matter how you do it, the log is just information. It will help you know where to tweak things, what causes a stall, what gives you a good weigh-in or a good feeling. If you want to, open your diary so your friends here can also check out what you are eating. Some people find that really helpful.

Sunday people - let's get those numbers rolling in :smiley:
    @deniners2
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK

If you missed last week, you have a short time to get me your weigh-ins:
    @evangsimmons170
    @veronica1359

Thanks!

Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 133.0
    CW: 132.8

Didn’t get to exercise much this week, hoping to make it up next week :)
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 751 Member
    PW 148.5
    CW 148.5
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Kellie, from Alberta, Canada. I've struggled with my weight all my life, it goes up and down and up and down. I've made some changes for my mental health and am trying to do something for joint pain I've been experiencing (32 and dealing with possible arthritis has not been fun). Hopefully once my mental health is better I can focus on weight loss. This is my last month of my contract job and I'm already in mourning. The struggles of finding another job is something I absolutely dread. With all this, I'm not expecting much loss in April. I just want to get mostly pain free to get back to the gym on a regular basis
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ks0ey57ugxpg.png
    9z8i10vvdd1y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    3zukgpttl8r2.png

By Pounds
    5r6zirom7i5n.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    657tsnwwd01f.png

By Pounds
    b8lwr6bqd01f.png
    nd6z6oyu888i.png

Team Winners
    493xukneokzq.png
    tdfx9faxy3eh.png
    2vi2cviphoey.png
    m0hq3r86y1wk.png
    nlleko39cm80.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

77hchf3mtnbq.png
    1etbbyn6gfxm.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8xselpuku7gv.png

By Pounds
    nhpemkll0bp2.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    53lbt7z6jixm.png

By Pounds
    lrri1ebq9cfa.png
    ediwam6w0np9.png
    qh5w44kthc9c.png

Team Winners
    7cc0tfvdp4hb.png
    sb8kmxp2pcpk.png
    8267hqvyw6xa.png
    spdgnhedj5sm.png
    a30vshsnogj3.png
  • jugar
    Huge round of applause and hats flying in the air for @BlissfulK @ashleycarole86 @graceojo999 @AshenMoon @ells_bellz Fantastic job in March! You kept on track, and showed us how it can be done.

Let's see how much green we can run into the spreadsheet this month. Our "green percentage" was kind of low this past month. I know we can do better! It does not matter if you lose 0.1 pounds or 5 - it is recorded in beautiful green. Of course there is no shame in hitting the red - red happens - but some small commitments about what goes in and how much we move can do the job. Small is the word!

I'm happy about my last 2 grocery runs. I made the commitment to myself before going about certain items I would not buy no matter how much the little voice in my head wanted me to. I got the "just because you want it does not mean you have to get it" lecture from myself, and then put on my imaginary WaistAways Superhero cape before walking in the door. It is way more fun than my mask. And it worked! Your voices were with me, and saying NO felt powerful and happy. Thanks!

Be sure to bring your cape when you go shopping this week!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 477 Member
    Today was a decent day overall. I ate within my calories, tracked everything, and went to the gym! However, this sugar withdrawal is terrible! It happens every time and you think I would have learned my lesson by now. I get a headache, am sluggish, tired, and crabby. It usually lasts a few days. Does anyone have any tips to help this withdrawal? Usually I just take ibuprofen and try to suck it up haha.
  • jugar
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Today was a decent day overall. I ate within my calories, tracked everything, and went to the gym! However, this sugar withdrawal is terrible! It happens every time and you think I would have learned my lesson by now. I get a headache, am sluggish, tired, and crabby. It usually lasts a few days. Does anyone have any tips to help this withdrawal? Usually I just take ibuprofen and try to suck it up haha.

I find that a 100% sugar withdrawal is too much for me. I have the same reactions as you! But if I remove the associated fat or flour with it, and have most sugars in the form of fruit, or in a context with no fat or flour, it is fine to have some. I make sorbet from fresh fruits with some sugar syrup just enough so it is not hard as a rock. Or I have a spoonful of fruit compote in fat-free plain yogurt with cut up fruit - it adds some sugar but does not set off the addictive reaction that will happen with a cookie or ice cream. If you can stick with it for a while though, that could be a good way to change your palate. What is the reason you are cutting all sugar?
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Hello, Im Alexis. I’ve been here before and back again for the motivation and accountability. Finding the time to take care of myself between a duel degree program, kids, work and a few volunteer positions has been extremely difficult. Goals for me this month are to develop consistent healthy habits. With a focus on meal prep. I don’t have time to be consistent with much else but trying to keep my avg steps above 6000 a day another goal. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to supporting all with their goals.
This discussion has been closed.