WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    a win: late yesterday, after work, mum popped a frozen blackberry tart into the oven, while I was preparing my fish supper. That, and seeing that @Blissfulk had done 100 minutes of exercise...motivated me and I went for a half hour walk, came back, said 'No' to the delicious smelling tart, and had my fish/broc/potato supper. Gave dad some tart and put the rest in the fridge. Went to bed feeling angelic. ;)

Omgsh! So happy I motivated you in the healthy direction. Glad you went to bed feeling amazing ☺️
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in. Calories were in budget and said no to chocolate pie late in the evening! Did a 27 minute run/walk and worked on running longer time periods before walking. Still not the best weather but ok for exercise.

@jugar Love the beautiful horse and his cute little socks on the hind legs. I must know more about him! Registered name and barn name please.

@micki48 glad you survived the move and I think it is expected that a routine will take time. Hang in there.

@DD265 Hopefully you will start adjusting to the new routine and get a break from the stress. Hugs to you!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse Glad you got some answers at your doctors appointment. Hope you get a break from the wind soon, it gets really old.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Other life stuff:
    We got an Alusky puppy on St. Patricks day and have been working on training. It's going really well but he leaves little time for anything else.

Congrats on the puppy and you've picked a great breed for exercise! I had to look up Alusky and see this....."These dogs are very active and will be a great match for owners who love to bring their dogs on walks or runs." :)

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    yesterday was a long day cramming a lot in -doc visit, bjs run, and late night at the office, but I did manage to stick to the plan and still grilled chicken and minipeppers for my supper - so happy to have the grill cleaned and back in action. Bought some zucchini for grilling later in the week. Said 'no' twice yesterday -once to the nurse who offered me an egg salad sandwich (I ALMOST said yes, but stopped myself - I'd BROUGHT a couple boiled eggs and whole grain bread) and the 2nd 'no' was to myself as I served dad icecream w/ blueberries. o:)

@conleywoods cute dress on you! I'll have to check out Ivy co.
    @kellyBgetsfit April is our month!!
    @jugar what's that handsome guy's name?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

OK - I'm happy to delight all you horse curious people :smiley: The lovely spotted fellow is named Jasper, he will turn 3 some time this spring or summer. He is not registered because one parent is part Belgian (work horse), so he is going to be a big fella! I is already over 15hh and is not yet 3, so I suspect he'll hit 16hh. I hope not too much bigger than that - I'm only 5'1" tall... I like the sliver of work horse in him - he has the calm accepting demeanor from that side, and the curious, brave, silly Appaloosa from the rest. Should be a blast.

I'm so happy to have finally moved away from the top of my maintenance weight range. I think I have to get used to being slightly heavier in winter when I'm outside in the cold weather a lot, and now that it is warming up, the extra couple of pounds have gone, without too much effort. As long as I keep away from the cheese bread all is well!

So let's get the news (and numbers!) flowing today - loving the new pup, dressy dresses, health checks, and spiders. I hope they stay away from your @DD265 - you can try the vacuum cleaner with a long wand to suck them up if you need a way to get rid of them from a distance. Good luck! I actually rather like spiders (there are no poisonous ones about), but I know lots of people who find them seriously horrible. Hang in there :heart:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    d4f42v1pax0x.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    xrc2lajb0v2s.png
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi team - I am behind on reading, introductions, and delinquent with my weigh-in! @jugar sorry can I skip this week? I am on vacation in California and thought my friend would have a bathroom scale around but she doesn't!
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Hi team - I am behind on reading, introductions, and delinquent with my weigh-in! @jugar sorry can I skip this week? I am on vacation in California and thought my friend would have a bathroom scale around but she doesn't!

no problem!! It sounds quite lovely to be on vacation in California... enjoy!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 149.6
    CW 149.4

I was hoping for a bigger loss. I DID workout on Monday after work and yesterday morning. Today was a planned rest day. I have been logging and I have stayed under my calories. I have had a few unplanned snacks, though.

@conleywoods you look adorable!!

@Jugar great job moving down in your maintenance weight. That has to be a nice feeling.

@DD265 oh, I'm sorry about your spiders! When I was in college, we had a cat that brought in cockroaches!!! It was so gross!!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @jugar you are fierce... beating you is a massive challenge! I like you throwing down the gauntlet though... I'm getting back on that bike and coming for you! We are just arriving home tonight so life will get back to normal... I've been reading everyone's posts but it was a very busy trip!!
  • jugar
    Options
    All right Thursday people! Even though some of you are just getting back from a trip, your day has come -
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

and let's clean up the remaining weigh-ins from before Thursday too!
    @Terytha
    @graceojo999
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon

Thanks!
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Going to do an official weigh in tomorrow for local challenge. Dragging a friend with me so we can do it together. Total fail last night with the stress eating after 10pm. Taking the attitude of today’s a new day.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    On it @jugar - went for a run before work this morning. Was better than Monday's; still a bit breathless but not as bad so reckon I'll be fighting fit next week. My friends are doing a Park Run on Saturday morning, but it's OH's birthday and he's at work in the afternoon so I'm giving it a miss. I'll do it one day - that course is flat, unlike our local hilly one!

No more spiders yet thankfully but comfort eating is still an issue. Last week I bought snacks with the food shop so this week I may go further and not buy any at all, as I haven't portioned them out properly. I suspect once I feel 100% it will be easier, because I've always overeaten if I feel remotely unwell, unless it's a stomach bug in which case I have no problem staying away from food for 24 hours!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw: 226. 7 @jugar not a huge loss but I'll take it!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late to the party!

I'm Courtney, an office worker in Val-des-Monts Quebec. After a very physically active adolescence I slowly became sedentary as an adult but didn't adjust my eating habits and so my weight crept up and I only ever managed to get it under control when I would starve myself and workout like a madman. I like the analogy of "you can't outrun your fork" and that's very true for me. My portion control is my problem. I'm still learning strategies to put away leftovers without just adding them to my plate. Being a broke student for too many years has ingrained itself in me so I find it SO DIFFICULT to just throw away extra food and to not eat everything that's on my plate if I'm already full. This is likely a large part of why I am the same weight today as I was a year ago. I used to work a physical job and just over a year ago I switched to a desk working from home so that meant a lot less movement. I hit my first goal of 50lbs lost last May and I've managed to maintain that for a year. Each of the past 6 months I have tried to reset and start again to lose that last 15lbs to look better than I have since I was a teenager but alas, the motivation wanes mid-month, or an injury creeps in, or a special occasion arrives and I revert to form and portion control creeps back up. I have friends and a new colleague around me who are also on a similar weight loss and fitness journey so I hope their motivation and progress will help keep me going. I'm very happy where I am, but it sure would be great to finally get below 180....

@ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 I hope you guys had a great trip! I'm sure you're happy to be home to your peloton. Can't wait to see your exercise stats ramp back up. So inspiring

@eggfreak You're doing amazing with all of the struggles life has been throwing at you. Good job resisting that tart!

@KellyBgetsfit great job getting in that workout you committed to! My preferred workout time is right after work, before prepping dinner as I can never get out of bed in the morning on time and once I've settled on the couch in the evening, it's a NOPE! The latest hurdle to my 3pm workouts is that's a gorgeous time of day weather-wise and I don't want to waste it indoors. If only I had the guts to move the workout to the yard..... I'm sure the neighbours would have fun at least!

@micki48 You will find your new normal. Grace is good. you are resilient and we are all rooting for you.

@jugar back pain is a PAIN! Especially when the mind is ready to move and the body says no. I'm glad you're on the mend and even though I'm not on the step and exercise team I will accept your challenge to move more!

@conleywoods that is a gorgeous dress and I love the very appropriate ballet themed shoes. I'm also going to have to check out Ivy City. I wasn't able to get that pro/prebiotic you recommended because the shipping to Canada was a bit more than I was ready to take on, but I'm going to start experimenting with brands available locally to see if it will help my pendulum swings and fix the rush hour traffic jam that is my digestive system.

@DD265 Your feelings towards spiders are very normal! I had to fly from Montreal to Calgary to remove spiders from my best friend's apartment balcony each spring before she would venture outdoors. She had a son and thought "this is great, I'll get HIM to deal with all of the spiders now" and nope, like mother like child, he is also terrified of spiders. There was one in the boat he was in with friends last summer and instead of dealing with it, he decided it was safer to jump overboard and swim to shore instead.

@MoonlitMuse I had never heard the term hEDs but since I looked it up, I realize that it's the condition my various chiropractors, osteopaths and physiotherapists have been testing me for for years. I'm very flexible and have a much larger range of motion than normal which makes diagnosing my injuries very difficult. I don't meet all the conditions, only a few of them but now that I know more, and that it's hereditary, I recognise those conditions in my father and siblings. lots of "double jointed" thumbs and shoulder, elbow and hip dislocations in our family. I hope having this diagnosis helps you find solutions for your health.

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 194.2 (day late)
This discussion has been closed.