Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 169.8
    CW 171.6
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Even though we're home, we're still off work for one more day. It's the vacation from our vacation! I am back on my deficit and ready to get back to my normal routine. The sun is out, we are off to pick up our dog from her sitters and go to the car garage for a tire change, and then we'll see where the day takes us.

@PlaneMonkey Having the friends and colleague working on the same thing will likely be very motivating. Your maintenance and balance over the last year has been great!

@DD265 Plans for OH's birthday morning before he heads to work?
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    cw 170.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    I have finally resisted my computer's desire to spend the entire day snoozing on its table - I did not come near the thing all day until now, but I refuse to let it get away with any more time lazing around. Enough!

I think @PlaneMonkey should exercise outdoors at 3 pm, don't you? I often drag a kettlebell or 2 outside, and even have hooked up the TRX in the trees on occasion. Of course, I don't actually have any neighbours :blush: Put on your best tunes, a big smile, and give 'em a show, Courtney!

I love the spider stories. In my family, it is the opposite. We quite like them. Once my daughter actually gave a spider a ride across the pond on her shoulder. For some reason, she thought it was about to drown and she was the only one who could save it. The small ones are always welcome in the house, and the big ones out on the porch or in the basement get admired and left to their own useful devices. They catch a lot of more annoying bugs, so we let them get on with it!

I am about to hop on the bike to make up for a bit of an errand-filled day without enough "real" exercise. I'll catch up on a bit of Pilates and stuff if possible, and get back at it tomorrow. Have a great almost-the-weekend!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Today was not good. I didn't sleep well, I am feeling insane work stress, and I am becoming my classes. So, I ate my feelings. I feel sick. I have been doing this a lot lately. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • jugar
    Options
    Ugh. Today was not good. I didn't sleep well, I am feeling insane work stress, and I am becoming my classes. So, I ate my feelings. I feel sick. I have been doing this a lot lately. Tomorrow is a new day.

You did a good thing coming here to post this. Now try to calmly and kindly do what you need to do to feel a little bit better - take something for your stomach, take a walk, sleep if you can - whatever will relieve at least some of the discomfort. Don't become a class! That sounds terrible :grimace: Think about the good things you will eat tomorrow that are cleaner and more gentle for your body. Hugs to you!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hope you have a nice ride @jugar ... even though Brad and I were still off work today, we had a bunch of errands and life stuff to catch up on, and I still haven't gotten on the bike myself despite my best intentions. If I time out tonight, you'll be sure to find me on there this weekend. I always miss it when we're apart!

Hugs to you @KellyBgetsfit ... agree that tomorrow is a chance to reset. Hope work is kinder to you then.

I have some fairly big life changes happening around here now - my Mom sold her house and she's moving into our basement in like... three days! Requires a bunch of re-arranging here and then there will just be the changes in life as a result of our new housemate. Brad is on the road quite a bit over the next week, I'm back in office next week... just feeling busy.

I'll cope, but right now the head feels VERY muddled.

Doing a bit of exercise catch-up (turned my movement up quite a bit at the end of the trip!):

4/4 - 18,344 steps
    4/5 - 10,874 steps
    4/6 - 17,170 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for the big Friday rush? Don't forget!
    @Pearl4686
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @collegelyfe17

And the last 2 overdue:
    @graceojo999
    @evangsimmons170

Thanks!
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @jugar Hii! If you can check your messages that would be great ! Thank you!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 OH's working 3pm-12am today, then 3pm-3am tomorrow so he'll be tired and we won't have time for too much in between him sleeping. I've suggested we'll have a cooked breakfast for lunch, and I guess we'll need to run a few errands, then we're going out for tea on Tuesday which was the first 'good' day for it. I will mostly be crossing things off the to do list!

Does anybody have a SodaStream - or a carbonated drinks maker?

https://sodastream.co.uk/

I often substitute calories with a sugar free (and if possible caffeine free) fizzy drink. A friend recommended getting a SodaStream for several reasons, including it being more cost effective and less wasteful. I don't particularly enjoy sparkling water, but if mixed with cordial (and I drink all my water with cordial) then I think it could be a winner.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I think lack of sleep makes everything ELSE 10 times worse...hope you can get some solid zzzzs so you can feel stronger (mentally!) dealing with all the rest.
    @ashleycarole86 that is a huge change in your lives and your mothers! hope it all settles down to a pleasant situation. :)

Said 'no' the other night when we had a frozen pizza (california kitchen bbq chicken yum) - there are times I could scarf the whole thing...measured my portion by grams..and even though I went back for a couple more slivers...stayed within my goal...a win.
    Challenge coming this afternoon/evening - 2 old friends who've emigrated to Ireland, back for a visit - think we'll skip a formal dinner and simply do a big spread of nibbles - full of healthy ones too that I can pick and choose from. A sunny warmish afternoon we can sit outside.
  • kathrynartis2271
    kathrynartis2271 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kicking myself today, finally in ketosis yesterday and then ate pistachios:( :(
    Now no longer in ketosis!
    Lesson learnt and remembered for going forwards
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    4/7 exercise: 10,004 steps

@DD265 How are you adjusting to the new schedule in your life? We have a SodaStream and we love it, although I find myself liking plain water now whereas I never did before (so the SodaStream was critical because I used to only like my water sparkling). Anyway, I really only drink it plain but we do have calorie free flavor drops to add as well - if you like fizz, they're great.

@eggfreak Yes, and despite her being 61 she has fairly significant mobility issues and she's struggling to work and so on. So it comes with some challenges. I know you have way more to deal with in that realm but you are certainly right it's going to be a change for everyone. Enjoy your visit with your friends!

@kathrynartis2271 There are always many lessons to be learned on this journey.. sounds like you know what you want to change going forward.

Up early as Brad is on the road to Lloydminster and back for a work meeting - 5 hours each way. He is making me breakfast before he goes and then I'll hop on the bike before I start work. My team was back to the office this week but we're doing a hybrid model so Monday and Friday remain work from home days, which means my first two days back after holidays are still at home. Phew! +19 today so you can bet my lunch hour will be a nice walk with the pup. Have a great Friday everyone!

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... So Lots going on here, quit my last job, because I was offered one that is more "me". I decided switching industries was not the thing to do. I was going to give it the whole 2 years, but when this opportunity came up, I couldn't resist. I had to leave my last employer rather quickly, so me being the nice person I am, I am working both jobs for the interim.

I am not officially rejoining the team until May, but I thought I would jump in anyway, and say hi. I am going to use the rest of this month to get my self situated and in a better head space, and ready to kick Mays butt !

The new job will allow me to post daily on a computer, and not on my phone, which I hate to say, but I think that had alot to do with my success before, and why I failed so badly the last year. It turns out the accountability of posting and connecting with this group daily is a great help to me.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I am joining in a month early.

Oh quick introduction, I'm Vikki, 50 years old, live in Baltimore, MD - 3 grown kids, 2 live close, one far away in the military. Married, working more than full time for the moment. I have a sweet tooth like a 4 year old running wild in a candy store, and do not always understand portion control. I initially lost almost 30lbs last time I was consistent with the group, but for the past 13 months, I just wasn't able to be consistent. That changes today ! I have regained 20 of those 30lbs, so I am hoping to all together lose 40 /50 lbs.

Hope you all have a great day !

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Welcome back @Gidgitgoescrazy .. so happy you're rejoining us for May! Congrats on the new job.. nice to be able to post on a computer then.. I agree it helps to be able to check in every day! Hopefully you don't get too burned out while you continue to work both jobs... happy to see you check in as you can over the next month until you're back in May!
  • kathrynartis2271
    kathrynartis2271 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @DD265 have just ordered myself one :):) been umming and ahing for a few years. Daughter gets through so much lemonade and I love fizzy water in the summer
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am alive... and in Seattle! These last few days have been one crisis after the other, with our cat sitter getting covid and canceling and the travel requirements and work...

Anyway. Now that we're here I can breathe, but I won't have a scale until Tuesday. I'm expecting lots of walking.

Last weight was 183.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 @kathrynartis2271 I have to say I'm tempted by a soda stream. I will do some maths though. I haven't had this for years but used to enjoy fizzy peach water a lot - and I'm still rather partial to a peach schnapps and lemonade so would probably still like it.

In terms of the schedule, still getting used to it. I'm now off work until Monday but will see very little of OH. I am working on being most productive when he isn't around so this should be a busy weekend for me! I've just written the meal plan and shopping list, next I will 'shop the cupboards' so I don't overbuy. On days when he's working we'd have something from the freezer, if he's out I've had a single portion of something, and fresh-cooked dishes will get put in for days when one of us isn't working. I'm grateful we got into the habit of batch cooking last year, and batch cooking will be my main job next weekend as we're about out of everything.

A challenge is that I was subconsciously relying on OH being around to stop me snacking as much. Not that he'd say anything, but because somebody would see that I was sabotaging my goals. I have a mindset that when he's away, I will 'make the most of it' and do/eat what I want etc - which was fine when it was once every few months but not so much when it's 4 out of every 10 days. Only buying snacks at the supermaket this week mostly worked (one blip when I bought fuel), but I bought too much and didn't respect portion sizes when eating it. I flipped the switch today anyway and am back on the wagon, full steam ahead.

@Gidgitgoescrazy it's good to see you back!

@Terytha enjoy Seattle
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

I actually don’t really know how. I feel like this week my husband has been ordering in a more than usual. We had pizzas and burgers LOL but somehow managed to lose almost 2 lbs! Maybe it’s because work has amped up in terms of kids I’m seeing and that means a lot more running around them!

When I come back from work- I tend to eat a lot cause I get hungry but this week I reached for one snack and it was usually a healthy choice of fruits, or chips and salsa, or wheat thins and hummus.

I’m trying to be better with my snacking. I don’t want to say this but I want to be serious in this journey— I am going to limit eating processed sugar and can only have natural fruits/nuts, and maybe chocolate chips with my homemade nut mix but that’s it. Wish me luck😁
This discussion has been closed.