WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome @sophsjw I hope you find this group helpful.

I can't remember who had posted about supplementing with mushroom powders because they didn't like fresh mushrooms. I like mushrooms but I use a few supplements too. Check out a company called Four Sigmatic. They have a lot of different options and they use only the fruiting body of the mushroom so you pay for the real stuff not filler. I use their their focus blend which is made from lions mane. I want to try some of their lattes but haven't yet. I also like one of the lattes from daily harvest. It's more of a hot chocolate and has two mushrooms in it called chaga and reishi.

Today went well. I finished day 2 of my food plan, the first 3 days are like a reset and I have to follow it exactly. I followed all of the meal plans exactly. Went for a 40 minute walk with the dog. I'm not hungry but boy am I addicted to some carbs! Definitely missing them.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,084 Member
    Options
    And it's reminder time! Wednesday people? Here you go -
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

I still hope to hear from the late people too :smiley:
    @Terytha
    @SatanLuciferJones

Thanks!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Snacked on a bunch of peanuts today then I snacked at night. Hangs head in shame…
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Welcome @sophsjw

I went over on my calories yesterday and it showed on the scales today. Mostly just because Tuesday is a hungry day after getting up so early and training first thing, though we were also having KFC for tea (pre-planned). I don't think MFP allows for higher calories on one day than the rest of the week even in the premium version, but it's fine - it was just one day!

@ashleycarole86 OH did not buy the Lego set he wanted; we agreed we'd get it from Lego directly to benefit from the loyalty scheme (it was no cheaper in this store) but then having paid for a holiday, he wants to hold off. He wants either the Bookshop or the Boutique Hotel.

I'm getting ready to head into the office. That is still a challenge for me - I worry about not having enough food, and consequently going mad at the shop - but I'm only going in once every couple of months so if I do get derailed it's not the end of the world.
  • jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    Ugh! Snacked on a bunch of peanuts today then I snacked at night. Hangs head in shame…

Oh no! :astonished: Well, today you pick up your head and walk past the blankety-blank peanuts. Have a good one!
    DD265 wrote: »
    I don't think MFP allows for higher calories on one day than the rest of the week even in the premium version, but it's fine - it was just one day!

That's the way to do it - just ONE day! Follow it with the perfect day to get back on track - they go together like a happy couple on vacation. In Rhodes. Making us all smile :smiley:
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Last week of my contract position but I just signed an offer for a new job. It sounds like everything that I want in a job!! I start next week and will have to adjust my gym schedule. Hopefully I can figure something out! I'm excited!!

That's amazing! Especially after the last interview process left you feeling so defeated. Congrats. Can't wait to hear more about it.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, y'all! I love the "MFP... “extended outrage” (instead of OUTAGE). I don't know about you but I dislike being in a state of anger any longer than necessary. Ha-ha.
    I'm driving up to see my daughter in northern Vermont and will be back for my weigh in on Friday morning. In the meanwhile, I'm keeping track of my weekly challenge and will report the results when I have completed them.
    Have a lovely day. I'll be back in touch via phone and hope the app cooperates.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw is back up at 228, got a lot of stress going on at the moment, paired with some health stuff going on and water retention. Erg :(
  • jugar
    edited April 2022
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Cw is back up at 228, got a lot of stress going on at the moment, paired with some health stuff going on and water retention. Erg :(

Hugs to you :heart: that is not a fun time. Take those deep breaths, and you'll make it through.

OK. Wait a minute. I just went to enter your 228 in the spreadsheet. You LOST a pound! Now you can breathe a sigh of relief, at least about that! You'll be back to where you were soon.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Evening folks!

I'm wiped this week. The days feel so much busier mid-week when I'm back in the office. @PlaneMonkey the angst of office life is real... I get it!!

One of the disappointing things is that I have less overall time and more chores to do at night. So, I can't necessarily do all the active things I want on those days. Just learning to deal with that, as I really enjoy that. But I don't want to be acting manic and staying up too late just to exercise and so on. I mean, sometimes... sure... but trying to find the balance in this new schedule.

Welcome back @Kali225 ... glad the Colorado trip was much better!

The app outage did not help things here.. still not synching right so just working around it! As long as I can still track and check in with you lovely folks, I feel good

4/26 exercise:
    31 mins Peloton + 13827 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 it is so horrible when work interferes with life! Hopefully you'll find a way to keep a little 30 minutes or so on the Peloton before bed. You'll sleep like a baby. It looks like yesterday sure had a good step count and time for the Peloton - you are amazing.

Ready for those Thursday weigh-ins?
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

Off to the shower and bed :sleeping:
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @kellie_erin CONGRATS 👏 So happy to hear you landed a job. I hope you get some relief from all the stress you have been dealing with.

@Kali225 Glad your Colorado trip was way better than your last trip. Glad you are back.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Glad you found some supplements you like. I definitely have a coffee obsession so any excuse to have more coffee is always good in my book 😂

@ashleycarole86 Hope your able to get into a new routine now that you're back in the office more. Besides the initial shutdown, our building stayed open the entire time so I kind of forget that some people are just now changing settings. That's got to be difficult after being home for such a long time!
  • conleywoods
    Options
    I am finishing up my 3rd and final day of my diet re-set. I'm not hungry but this evening I definitely has some cravings. Had 2 small squares of dark chocolate...relief! Lifted weights for 40 minutes.

P.S. I am sick and tired of MFP being stupid.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @kellie_erin YES GIRL!!! What amazing news. So happy for you.

@conleywoods The MFP issues are definitely not making people happy eh. I am thankful I got the opportunity to work from home as long as I did during the pandemic and I definitely already feel more settled this week than I did the last.

Happy to report that discipline helped me push through when motivation wasn't there tonight. The thing is.. motivation for me isn't always enough to overcome feeling tired, stressed, overwhelmed... but tonight I got on the bike because my internal discipline and drive to achieve got me there.

Guess what? Once I was on, it was GREAT! A longer ride than yesterday and I felt much better for it. The mental benefits of exercise are truly great for me.

The check in here was part of the push to get on, so once again I can't be thankful enough for how much inspiration I get from this group.

See you in the morning for weigh-in!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    4/27 exercise:
    46 minutes Peloton + 13067 steps

I tell ya - in office is REALLY good for my steps! (About the only thing.. lol.. but I'll take it!)
This discussion has been closed.