eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    pw 164
    cw 162.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,084 Member
    Options
    @bonnie_red great job! 1.6 lb gone this week, even though it was a tough one. WTG

@Kali225 you are lighting up! glad to help with the "encouragement" (aka holding you accountable) on the habit tracker - but getting those first steps done is all on you. Yesss!

I literally took the time to smell the flowers today during my walk in the woods. I slowed down more than usual, and thoroughly enjoyed the scent of the tiny spring flowers that are now springing up at last, and also a fallen fir tree that was blocking one of our paths - the very top of it was right there, and just rubbing the tiny top branches released so much of that amazing fir perfume. Lovely. I also got into my vegetable garden enclosure for the first time since the snow melted and started raking a bit. It is still too wet to till or add any compost but the time is coming soon! I'm looking forward to it.

Keep those numbers flowing in - we're going to wrap up the month of April soon! Quite a few gaps to fill:
    @Terytha
    @SatanLuciferJones
    @evangsimmons170
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ells_bellz
    @lexabeep
    @happimess01
    @eggfreak
    @veronica1359
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday of April!
    @jugar CW: 181.8
    It’s a slight improvement, yay! Decreasing serving sizes and salt has helped.
    My job starts Monday and I’m going to a choral concert tomorrow afternoon to celebrate.
    Happy new month, everyone!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ohh ells_bellz that is so hard. They have to live their lives and suffer the angst that only teenaged emotions can feel. How horrible that his drink was spiked which probably triggered this emotional breakdown. He's likely not as in love with the ex as this reaction is saying, it's just the result of the situation. It makes everything more extreme. I'm not a 'real' parent, but I agree that it is incredibly hard. Just keep supporting him. The fact that his friends were all there with him and weren't afraid to call you for help speaks volumes on how much they care for him and respect you as his parents to come help. They didn't try to hide the situation or run away to avoid blame.
    It seems horrible right now but in the light of day you will all be able to talk about it and help him through any emotional issues he's having. Likely he won't remember everything he's said after the drugs have worn off so it will be your choice hos to approach it.

Hugs to you, just keep being a support and he will pull through.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,084 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz I hope your watch is going more quietly now and that your son is able to get some rest. I remember when my daughter's boyfriend broke up with her on new year's eve - she was quite a wreck for a while, and I got very worried a few times. For right now, you're going to make sure he's safe. If he needs help, be sure he gets it - but most likely, he needs time to keep going through this and coming out the other side. They learn so much, but it is so hard! Hugs to you :heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz That is really hard and I am so glad his friends called you. Obviously he has some good friends. My oldest is 12 so we are just starting down this path. One thing I focus on with my daughter is it's normal to experience a range of feelings. It's okay to feel really sad when sad things happen. All parents want to fix things for their kids and sometimes we can't. Just keep supporting him. Hugs❤
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW=188
    CW=188
    I forgot to weigh in yesterday, so I am repeating the weigh of last week.

Steps week 24-30
    Sunday =7,829
    Monday =5,334
    Tuesday =8,045
    Wednesday=9,815
    Thursday=13,532
    Friday=12,057
    Saturday = 6,596

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    CW - 173.6 lbs