15 oz. Melon
    12 asparagus spears
    5 oz. Sweet potato
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    Options
    12 asparagus spears
    5 oz. Sweet potato
    Connie Emergency Translation Services provided by 9011!

4 oz. Berries πŸ°πŸ‡
    15 oz. Melon 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰
    5 oz. Sweet potato πŸ°πŸ‡

12 asparagus spears :anguished::confounded::scream:

But it does sound like PROBABLY 10 bunnies!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Ve have PROVISIONAL Wednesday bunnies after the Zoo Weenie Fry!

🐰 50-50 spring mix and arugula coming up to 74g (rounded up)
    πŸ°πŸ°πŸ°πŸ‡ for 309g cooked beets (rounded down)
    🐰🐰🐰 for 271.5g zucchini (rounded down)
    πŸ°πŸ‡ for 142g boiled potatoes (rounded down)

Oh noooooo..... looks like NO STAR so far today... just a respectable nine bunnies!
    🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Converting quantities of veggies and fruits to bunnies 🐰 is like work for me. I have limited brain cells on tap for my golden years and must conserve them.

So I’ll just say I had a πŸ›³ boatload of bunnies today.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Yooly the Canadian contingent is ready to provide real time translation services!

Is that a πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡ - πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡ - πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡ -πŸ‡ rowboat boatload barely equal to your 5 a day, or is that a 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰🐰 -🐰⭐ bunathon cruise ship boatload that would fit into a Texas sized hat!😹
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So yesterday...

Breakfast: Apple 🐰🐰 (it was a big apple)
    Lunch: Mini cucumber, mini peppers, and snap peas 🐰🐰 (going by Laurie's numbers), slaw 🐰
    Dinner: Same as the night before 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

So... 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 bunnies?

10 bun buns...
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    13 Wednesday Bunnies 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰

🐰🐰 good morning clementine blueberry and green grape bunnies
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 field of frozen green salad bunnies (greens🐰🐰, cucumber 🐰, strawberries 🐰🐰, red pepper 🐰🐰 + bean 🐰)
    Carrot (75g) 🐰, little gem potatoes (170g)🐰🐰

Still thinking about that cauliflower pie! And sausage rolls!? No such thing at my local No Frills. They figure we're all a bunch of inner city rapscallions and don't bring in the good stuff. grumble grumble.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    And as I scrolled away, I realize that is the wrong way to think about this. So I'm going to do a "redo" ...

Wow I'm glad my local No Frills doesn't have these newfangled veggie-based prepared meals. What a terrible temptation it would be. Now if only they would get rid of the individual fruit pies, I'd have it made.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 80g prunes - 🐰🐰
    Dinner - 340g mixed veggie chilli - 🐰🐰🐰🐰; large mixed salad 🐰; jacket potato 🐰; stewed apple 🐰

Total: 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Argh! 1 down again! Need to make time for chopping heads off these hipperty hoppers - πŸ°πŸ°πŸ°πŸ°πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well at least you're in the ALMOST 5 a day category @Janatki :wink: You may have to go WABBIT hunting in the moors!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. Canned diced tomatoes
    3/4 c. Frozen green peas
    Small baked potato with skin
    6 oz. Raspberries

1 slice fruit and vegetable bread

🐰 🐰 🐰 🐰 + 🐰
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    11 Thursday Bunnies 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰

🐰🐰good morning clementine bunnies
    🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰 NOT FROZEN salad bunnies (greens🐰🐰cucumber 🐰🐰berries🐰pepper🐰bean🐰)
    Banana bunny 🐰
    Apple bunny 🐰
    Veggie fried Rice 🐰
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh, man... I knew I would get shamed in this thread D: Only 2 🐰 last week! πŸ˜…
    This week for sure, I'll hit that daily minimum! Need to start checking the produce section FIRST more often.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Laurie that's a LOT of greens! You're a real πŸ°πŸ‡ (with a wagging tail 😹)

@luxia2020 the bunnies did not come about by total happenstance.

Both protein and vegetable and fruit content have increased a LOT for me since I started logging.

Protein I sort of tackled with Greek yogurt back in the early days.

But fruits and veggies don't always seem to be a default staple for me if not somewhat kept in mind.

In fact it used to be fruits that I would eat almost exclusively and that's why I deliberately started using the term "vegetables and fruits". some 5-a-day guidelines also point out that they're advocating 3 veggies and 2 fruits.

Lately I've been low on fruit. We'll see as summer rolls if it swings too far in the other direction
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, this "3 Veggies, 2 Fruits" might make me more inclined to remember. There's just something about that "balance" that makes it more acceptable. Maybe I should blend it all into a smoothie just like my aunt. Yes, I should make more smoothiesβ€”time to dedust my smoothie maker on the go cup. XD Poor thing hasn't seen usage in years.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Not my best bunny day...

Breakfast prunes - 🐰🐰
    Lunch - 300g mixed veggie chilli - 🐰🐰🐰

That's it on the bunny front for today...I've used up all my calories and fibre grams, so no more bunnies for me until tomorrow.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Not good here either
    Cucumber πŸ‡
    Mushy Peas πŸ‡

🐰😬
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ooooh, this "3 Veggies, 2 Fruits" might make me more inclined to remember. There's just something about that "balance" that makes it more acceptable. Maybe I should blend it all into a smoothie just like my aunt. Yes, I should make more smoothiesβ€”time to dedust my smoothie maker on the go cup. XD Poor thing hasn't seen usage in years.

Is a smoothie more satiating? Base of the pyramid is calories. Good nutrition counts, of course. But, given my past weight history, only if the calories are under control!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Bella you might be able to fit a bunny tail for your chili. The recommendation is 5 a day, not 15! So it isn't as if having five a day is cause for gloom!

The nurse though... oh the nurse... I'm going to send her to check out her Tesco's frozen food section for ready to nuke bag-o-bunnies! <--sorry you're having so much stress with MIL though! OK gang: we've ordered rounds of better health for everyone... especially the Connie household!!! :tired_face: