Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,552 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Steps 30 April: 13.875
    Cleaned my bedroom, washed the bedsheet, my pillow and stuffed animal. Didn't have the energy to go for a walk.
    While I was out in the garden with Tinus, he was sniffing some bushes. He then put his nose in the air, looked crosseyed and just had an all over expression of 'wtf is that'. So I went over to pet his head, got a wet hand, realized his head was covered in foul smelling cat or dog pee. So we went into the backyard, cleaned up myself and then Tinus with one of those pet wet wipes. They are unscented which normally is great, but now meant his head was still stinky. So I added a drop of peppermint oil to another wipe, cleaned him again. And then a 3rd time with a wet washcloth. Probably the cleanest his head has been in his life. But ugh, I hate it when pets are left to roam free and do stuff like that. It was in my front yard. I have been wanting a low fence around my garden for a while, because it's not the first time I find 'surprises' and it's just so gross. So hopefully I can set that up with my dad soon.
    Happy Sunday everyone <3

Poor Tinus!! Bless his heart...rude roaming animal!! Your Tinus sounds like a gentle soul, just like my Hazel. She loves to play chase the shoestring and her favorite thing is for me to wrap them around her and then she can go spin and get out of them...I'm always telling her "Hazel, it's on your butt" and she takes off to go resolve that! LOL You'll have to give Tinus a few head rubs from me today!!! How large is the area you'd have to fence? My neighbor just had to replace their fence and I know it can be expensive, but if you're doing a lower fence (2-3 ft), it might not be too much. What do you plant in your garden area? Vegetables or mainly flowers?

I'm just piddling around today...tried baking a new dessert for an upcoming dinner party I'm planning with a friend. Washed a load of clothes. Walked, of course...today is the new month and I'm starting on my goal for May. Thank goodness my feet are cooperating! Hope you have a lovely Sunday as well, @Pupowl !

Jessica

Yeah, he is a very sweet cat, I still feel super lucky I found him at the shelter. He has a lot of toys, but he also likes really simple things, like a paper ball. I think for my front yard I would need around 25 meters total, but I am not entirely sure, never measured it. Plus two gates; one for the front door and one for the driveway. I don't have a car, but I do need to be able to get out with my bike. :smile: I mostly have plants that are useful for bees, butterflies or birds. I have some chives, but I don't use that for myself. Same with Moroccan mint (though I love touching the plants and smelling them). Otherwise no fruit of veg. I am considering getting strawberries since I love those and they are pretty easy to keep.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,552 Member
    May 1 ~ Sunday
    Steps: 15.896
    I had a pretty good sleep, finally managed to go to bed on time for a change. Started my morning with a 50 minute walk. It was very quiet at 7:30 on a Sunday which was great. Saw some flowers, a stork and 2 bird of prey making love. :smiley: They were really far away, so I didn't see exactly what they were. I did some more laundry and tidying up of my shed. Getting somewhere with that now. Still a few things to throw out and boxes to flatten. My food went well until I effed up in the afternoon. There wasn't a reason for it either since I had a pretty good day so that was dumb.
    I don't have great pictures of my walk, just a few boring ones so I will put them under the spoiler. :smile:
    Happy Monday everyone <3
    D0C8MJh.jpg
    jtIaAHi.jpg
    FmdPgFy.jpg
    vrKZVtY.jpg
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    4/1 steps - 15233

I went on two 2.5 mule walks yesterday. I did one early and one late evening. In between, I started filling up holes in the yard my dogs have made for me. You may be surprised at how big a hole a 150 lb mastiff can dig.

I've also started working on a making an area outside to relax. It's a section of the yard that is mostly unused, so I'm converting it. I'm enclosing the area in privacy fencing. I've planted some fragrant bushes like gardenias, and I have some comfortable chairs on order. I'm hoping it will be a nice little hideaway.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    ac204 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 - Hi Jessica, I returned from vacation a few days ago. I missed posting on the April chat before it closed so here's my info.

AC204
    Missed 4/15 & 4/22 weigh-ins due to vacation.
    Friday (4/27) weigh-in
    PW: 193.4
    CW: 193.8
    :

@ac204 Yes, I had the MODS excuse you for Weeks 2 & 3 because of your vacation. Just requested they switch the NWI from week 4 to an LWI and I reported the weigh in. Thanks for letting me know. How was your trip? Hope you had a blast!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 293.2
    CW: 292.5
    LTD: 87.5 lbs
  • jessicakrall8
    OK I've been slack on using the Fitness Tracker, but I'm signed up now...I'll see if it helps me stay on track better and be a little more disciplined. :blush:
    Jessica
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 374 Member
    JenHul
    Monday Weigh-ins
    PW: 181
    CW: 179.9
    LTD: -1.1

Sundays total steps= 10191
    Had an evening walk with my daughter and caught up over the weekend and talked about ours plans for this week. It was a very pleasant walk!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited May 2022
    Calling All Shape Shifters

For this week’s F2F Challenge, we’re testing out a crowdsourcing way of sharing leadership - and a commitment to generating one idea from group participants each day Sunday through Saturday - so I’m hoping a few of you will support the effort.

@jessicakrall8 started us off on Sunday, challenging the F2F community to take a walk and share what we saw along the way. It’s so interesting to learn about the members (Shape Shifters and members of other teams) and some of the photos they posted are wonderful!

I posted today’s challenge about setting up our environment to succeed in building the positive habits we want to establish for self improvement.

Is there anyone else from our team who is willing to post an idea this week?

This is an easy way to give back to the community of supporters with a one-time action. Research shows that giving brings more happiness to our lives so this is clearly a win-win! 🤩

I’m including some ideas we can use below, and I’m sure you all have better ones to keep the challenge lively, purposeful, and fun — that’s the best part of crowdsourcing!

Brainstorming Challenge Ideas:
    -Take a break from your desk and do 10 push-ups, either on the floor or against the wall.
    -Say or do something nice to/for someone today. Tell us about the experience.
    -Share an inspirational quote that keeps you going on a bad day.
    -Recruit someone else from your F2F group to join this week’s challenge.
    -What is something you’d like to celebrate today? Tell us what you’re proud of and we’ll celebrate together!

I hope you don’t mind that I nominated you to lead tomorrow (Tuesday) @izzyred9400 based on your offer to help when Jessica put out the request. If you don’t want to do it, no worries. I sent a friend request/direct message so we can plan as needed.

Is anyone else willing to play?
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Yukie_OP -- May is a month where I will be on the support team.
    My focus this month is to log study hours* not a student, work related
    Not sure about you all, but I can't seem to (successfully) focus on more than 1-2 main goals at a time: If I try maintain too many habits/goals, i tend to make minimal progress across the board.

@jessicakrall8 - still want to remain on the step challenge, I'll lower my goal to 6,000 steps.
    Steps for 5/1- 11,087
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Beautiful picture @Yukie_OP! What a nice impromptu trip. I am working on building a few new habits and I agree with you. It’s so difficult to really focus and commit to multiple goals. Best wishes in completing your studies!
  • jessicakrall8
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Yukie_OP -- May is a month where I will be on the support team.
    My focus this month is to log study hours* not a student, work related
    Not sure about you all, but I can't seem to (successfully) focus on more than 1-2 main goals at a time: If I try maintain too many habits/goals, i tend to make minimal progress across the board.

@jessicakrall8 - still want to remain on the step challenge, I'll lower my goal to 6,000 steps.
    Steps for 5/1- 11,087

@Yukie_OP Need your steps for 4/27 and then you'll be caught up. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @izzyred9400 - Thank you so much for continuing this week’s Pass It On Challenge. I love the food prep idea! It’s something I need to work on!! I’m lucky if I prep more than 30 minutes ahead of meal time these days. So, I’m sure to learn from tomorrow’s responses to the Challenge!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863372/may-week-1-group-challenge-pass-it-on/p1?new=1
  • Yukie_OP
    @Yukie_OP Need your steps for 4/27 and then you'll be caught up. Thanks!
    Jessica

@Jessicakrall8 - steps for 4/27 - 4,383
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/2 steps - 16526

I had a busy day. I did 5 miles of planned walking and then a lot of work in between. I learned that tubing is apparently an ab workout. I have a long torso and it took some effort to sit comfortably in the tube. My abs have hurt for 3 days now
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Hello Everyone, Hope everyones month is off to a good start. I have been crazy busy (whats new huh?) I have been picking up a lot at my 2nd job because people keep quitting, which works for me because I get call in plus incentive pay, then only 22 days of school left so I am getting caught up on immune records, planning immunization clinics, and prepping for next year.

I planned on working out this morning but I was up half the night coughing so I did not get near the sleep I needed, oh well. I have had this sickness for 2 weeks now, I am so over it. All that's left is the cough but it absolutely sucks.
  • Yukie_OP
    Brainstorming Challenge Ideas:
    • May 5 (aka Cinco de Mayo) - How festive can you make your water? (infusions of lemon, cucumber, mint, berries) * pictures of your festive water with tiny umbrellas, highly encouraged
    • On the 6th: park 6 spaces further (at work or going out to shop), go up 6 extra stair-steps, walk in place for 6 min, or stretch for 6 min.
    • Mindfulness Monday: take 3-5 minutes to be present (deep breathing, meditation, sit still, or just being aware of your surroundings), tell us about it
    • Reinvent your leftovers- can you use today's leftovers for a tasty/healthy meal tomorrow?
    • Lower your cortisol: inhale 3 seconds, hold your breath for 3 seconds, and exhale 3 seconds, continue
      for 10 minutes.
      Other ideas that may be more conversation starters, as opposed to challenges.
    • What is one positive habit that is now automatic for you and what did it take for it to become that way
    • When you have a sweet-tooth what's an alternative that has helped tame it?
    • Snack attack! what go-to snack will you or have you replaced with a healthier alternative?
    • Think of a past time where your habits/goals showed progress: what were you doing then, that you are not doing today?
    • Healthy alternative to your Favorite take-out, that was actually delicious (share recipe)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    4/26-8,703
    4/27-7,190
    4/28-7,114
    4/29-12,619
    4/30-6,113
    5/1-9,586
    5/2-7,876
This discussion has been closed.