Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    After having a lovely Sunday I haven't been well.I had really itchy elbows on Sunday very strange.The next day I took a shower & my underarms were very sore.I came out in a very red itchy rash.As it was a holiday no doctors were open.It looked like shingles to me,so I called the out of hours doctor.Apparently you need anti viral before day 3 of symptons.Of course they were very busy,but a doctor rang about 9pm that night.Well she wanted to do a video call.I have just got a new mobile phone but I admit I'm not that good using it.It was hilarious,I couldn't get the right bit of my body infront of the camera!! & hold it in my other hand at the same time.Thankfully I got a face to face appointment today to be told it was contact dermatitis.I have changed by washing gel lately but it seems strange so hope it goes soon.
    I feel I can't go for a swim as people may think I'm contagious.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    4/26-8,703
    4/27-7,190
    4/28-7,114
    4/29-12,619
    4/30-6,113
    5/1-9,586
    5/2-7,876

@angmarie28 Are you keeping the same goal for May? Please advise.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Step Challenge peeps:

Please go visit the April chart and send me your steps to catch up. I've had a LOT of people not keep up this month. Please report in every few days and make my life easier. I'd like to wrap up April by this weekend and report our winners. Thanks for your cooperation!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Step Challenge peeps:

Please go visit the April chart and send me your steps to catch up. I've had a LOT of people not keep up this month. Please report in every few days and make my life easier. I'd like to wrap up April by this weekend and report our winners. Thanks for your cooperation!
    Jessica

Hi I did mine lmk if you need them again
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    May 2 - Monday
    Steps: 17.411
    Not a great day. I wanted to start cleaning some for my moms upcoming visit, but don't think I did much. I was really tired and my headache was bad, so I had to go to bed in the afternoon. It is hard to sleep when the weather is nice because everyone is working in their garden with noisy machines. Thankfully I did feel a bit better after resting. I went for my walk in the evening. Instead of taking a left and looping back I took a sandpath to make the loop a little bigger. It was not ideal to walk on with sandals and the uneven ground made my ankles hurt a bit. I did see a deer though, so it was worth it. I also walked along the forest edge so it felt nicer than just being in open farmland. I didn't have my camera with me because I forgot to charge it. My phone is really bad at taking pictures (at everything really), but I will share two pictures anyway.
    lzc3r93etpwy.jpg
    iiazepkkxtom.jpg

May 3 - Tuesday
    Steps: 18.692
    Probably the worst sleep I had in a while. I went to bed way too late and Tinus woke me up by meowing very loudly at 6 in the morning. I felt okay thankfully and boy have I been busy. I cleaned up the guest room, washed the bedsheets and tidied up a build-in closet in the room, made space in my bedroom to store more puzzles, did laundry. Then I started working on the rest of the shed. Filled two bags with trash, put away all the tools and machines in cabinets, flattened more boxes, put several things by the side of the road for free again (nothing has been taken of this batch so far). I vacuumed the whole place and then put the things back that I wanted to keep in there, which ended up being very little! I also moved a huge table that was in my kitchen to the shed. I am keeping my birdfood on there now. A smaller table in the livingroom got moved into the kitchen instead, so I have more space inside as well. The table is only used by Tinus. It has his water fountain and he likes to sleep on there. It's also where I brush his teeth, comb him and give him his daily snack. My shed looks so nice and empty now, really happy with it. Before it was just a place to dump stuff I didn't know what to do with. I am also pretty simple though; if it is there, I obviously don't need it and I can throw it out. My washing machine and dryer are also in the shed, so it is nice to have the place clean. This all took a lot of time on Tuesday, so I didn't clean inside the house as much as I had planned. But I have the whole Wednesday left so it should be done before my mom shows up on Thursday. I had no time or energy to go for my daily walk, though looking at my steps you couldn't tell. :smiley:
    Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 249.3
    CW (Current Weight):251.3

So I was away for the weekend and it looks like I forgot to record my weight from last week (249.3 lbs). Sorry about that!.

On top of that I gained weight over the week as well :( But I think this might also be caused by me changing batteries in the scale. I have seen that happen. Or at least that is my excuse :).
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @coblujay
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW- 189.8
    CW- 189.2

This is my final weigh-in before I leave on my trip. I'll see you in a few weeks. :)
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/3 steps - 14243

The past few days have drained me, but I've been staying on track.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Maintenance Weigh In:
    Holding my own - had a migraine for the past 3 days due to the rain system in Wisconsin so I was eating more carbs due to the naseau
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @Pupowl - That’s an impressive amount of cleaning. You’ve motivated me to get rid of some items and clean my office! 🙏🏼

@ewilhelm2487, @Jax_Grim, and @LaurieWrobo - I hope you feel better soon.

@kcpond - I hope you enjoyed your travels. I’m not planning to vacation until August, when my older son finishes the summer course he’s taking, but I love hearing about new and interesting places to visit.

@cobluejay - Have fun! A few weeks off is just enough time to wind down and forget about everyday life burdens. The longer the better but I think it takes at least one week to really relax.

Today’s challenge- as part of the Weekly Challenge - is to stretch for a solid 10 minutes. I really enjoyed the hip stretches that @jugar shared with the group. If any other Shape Shifters want to try out the flexibility exercises, here’s the link: https://gmb.io/tag/flexibility/

@izzyred9400 also generated some helpful ideas about meal prep yesterday before passing the challenge along to jugar. As a reminder, you can join the fun and learn some new strategies here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863372/may-week-1-group-challenge-pass-it-on/p1?new=1
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 265 Member
    My default lunches are store bought pre-packed salads because *convenience.. but I took time to actually prep at home yesterday (prepped for next 3 days) so I'll share a pic aig08blrs1rt.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Hi @jessicakrall8 please could you add me to May steppers.12,000 steps please.
  • jessicakrall8
    Step Challenge peeps:

Jessica

Hi I did mine lmk if you need them again

@lauriewrobo I was searching through every page of this thread thinking I'd missed something. Yours are already filled in on the April chart, so you're good. You do know where to find the chart, right?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi @jessicakrall8 please could you add me to May steppers.12,000 steps please.

Added @izzyred9400
    Jess
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    I have decided to leave this challenge so @jessicakrall8 if you could remove me from the team that would be appreciated!!!
    Thanks
    Shelley
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 371 Member
    May 3
    Steps = 15,177
    Walked with my Dog Barkley, Hubby and daughter! It was a family walk lol, just missing my son. (he is too cool to walk with us)
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 265 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Steps check-in (goal 6k)
    5/2 - 7,943
    5/3 - 4,938
    5/4 - 10,046
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/4 steps - 15173
    Did my normal walk routine. I'm getting ready to start my garden. I've started cooking more over the past 2 years, so I'm putting an herb garden in. I may throw in some veggies as well. My lime tree is finally producing this year after having a total of 2 limes in 2 years. Now we have well over 2 dozen. I'll be cooking up a key lime pie soon.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 128
    CW: 129

LTD: 39 pounds
    Target maintenance weight: 120-130

Yikes! 😳😬😳 I’m really at the top end of my maintenance target. I’ll have to spend some time reassessing my routine and habits. It’s time to make some positive adjustments! I hope everyone else is doing well.

I’m so impressed by all the walkers and members participating in the Step Challenge. I also love hearing about gardens, cooking more at home, and preparing healthy meals. You are all a good influence and I’ll need to incorporate some of your good habits! Thanks for the inspiration!
This discussion has been closed.