Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    I have decided to leave this challenge so @jessicakrall8 if you could remove me from the team that would be appreciated!!!
    Thanks
    Shelley

Shelley:
    I will notify the MODS and ask them to remove you from the team. I wish you luck in your continued journey and if I can ever help in any way, just let me know. If you rethink this and wish to return in the next few weeks, just let me know. I hate to see you leave. If there was any kind of an issue that gave you concerns, please contact me privately in an IM and I will try to address.

Be happy and take care of yourself...there's only one you!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge peeps:

Please go visit the April chart and send me your steps to catch up. I've had a LOT of people not keep up this month. Please report in every few days and make my life easier. I'd like to wrap up April by this weekend and report our winners. Thanks for your cooperation!
    Jessica

Hi I did mine lmk if you need them again

@lauriewrobo I was searching through every page of this thread thinking I'd missed something. Yours are already filled in on the April chart, so you're good. You do know where to find the chart, right?
    Jessica

Sorry for making you go through that😥
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    5/1 5,656
    5/2 5,088
    5/3 7,958
    5/4 9,014
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hello Friends!
    Here is my weekly weigh-in report:

Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:306.8
    CW: 303.4

LTD: 16.6

Goal: 220

This has been a good week for me. I have been eating really well and going on lots of walks. Very excited to see the scale moving in the right direction. Best of luck to you all!

@paulerdmann1 Just want to make sure on your weigh in because I'm seeing many different weights from your registration and even this report. I have a 345 as beginning, 316 at registration and now I'm confused as to where the 306.8 comes into play when CW is 303.4. Can you tell me which of these weights is the closest to a week ago? I've filled in today as 303.4. Appreciate your help. Great loss in ANY case!
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-162.2
    Current weight-161.8
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2022
    Options
    1fxpgkbjspau.jpg
    Missing the following weigh ins for the week (incl today):
    @ewilhelm2487
    @Be_theBest_Me (x2)
    @Stefbomb2020 (x2)
    @KittyInBoots17
    @Fattleass

Please report in ASAP and thanks!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My steps
    5/1 6,595
    5/2 11,059
    5/3 7,661
    5/4 8,905
    5/5 13,629
    I need to be prepared like you @jessicakrall8 & make sure my activity watch is fully charged.That was Monday when I walked there & back but only recorded the steps there ! Been feeling blurgh with this rash.Its spread further & takes forever to put the 2 creams the doc prescribed on 2 x a day.
    @jaxgrimm hope you get that sorted soon.Wanted to ask you "What is tubing??? "
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 Thanks. Tubing is basically getting in an inflatable inner tube and floating down a stream.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    The F2F Weekly Challenge has another good suggestion today. It motivated me to change my meal plans a bit today so lunch and dinner will be healthier for me! In case you want to participate, I’m posting it here along with the link to the conversation.

Friday Challenge
    We all know how important fruits and veggies are to our health. It's also great to eat a wide variety for the different nutritional benefits they provide.

For Friday, I challenge you all to eat a minimum of 5 different fruits and veggies. At the end of the day, post all the different ones you ate. Let's see what interesting and different items we can consume!

You can join the conversation here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863372/may-week-1-group-challenge-pass-it-on/p1?new=1
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    That's great, having a tidy office sounds very important for productivity! I hope you can figure out how to be in a more comfortable area of your maintenance target, though I think you are still doing a great job.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Steps = 14,878
    Started of our evening walk with calm cloudy weather, but really warm with this time of year. On the last half of walk home it started to rain lightly which was kinda refreshing. My Daughter says she loves the smell of fresh rain.
    We got home just in time as the rain was picking up and the sky opened up! If we were just a minute later, we would of been soaked :)
    I really love these walks to wind down the crazy of the day, and try to change to a healthier life style. A couple of months ago I would get home from work, change, turn on TV, sit on couch and do nothing till bedtime.
  • paulerdmann1
    paulerdmann1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends!
    Here is my weekly weigh-in report:

Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:306.8
    CW: 303.4

LTD: 16.6

Goal: 220

This has been a good week for me. I have been eating really well and going on lots of walks. Very excited to see the scale moving in the right direction. Best of luck to you all!

@paulerdmann1 Just want to make sure on your weigh in because I'm seeing many different weights from your registration and even this report. I have a 345 as beginning, 316 at registration and now I'm confused as to where the 306.8 comes into play when CW is 303.4. Can you tell me which of these weights is the closest to a week ago? I've filled in today as 303.4. Appreciate your help. Great loss in ANY case!
    Jessica

The best place to start would be the beginning. At my heaviest in 2018 I was 345. I lost 100 lbs in 2019. During the pandemic I gained most of that back hitting 320 as my new highest. I weighed myself at registration at 316 but changed to weighing myself in the morning when I first wake up. So, at registration I was 316 after a day of drinking water and eating food. Last Thursday I was 306.8 in the morning after I woke up and yesterday I was 303.4 in the morning when I woke up. That is why there is such a large difference in my weigh-ins. I hope that clears it up.

And thank you! I am working really hard to drop the weight again and I appreciate the support.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    Options
    The best place to start would be the beginning. At my heaviest in 2018 I was 345. I lost 100 lbs in 2019. During the pandemic I gained most of that back hitting 320 as my new highest. I weighed myself at registration at 316 but changed to weighing myself in the morning when I first wake up. So, at registration I was 316 after a day of drinking water and eating food. Last Thursday I was 306.8 in the morning after I woke up and yesterday I was 303.4 in the morning when I woke up. That is why there is such a large difference in my weigh-ins. I hope that clears it up.

And thank you! I am working really hard to drop the weight again and I appreciate the support.

Your experience parallels mine somewhat. We share a goal of 220 pounds, as well as similar heaviest weights.
    In January 2015, I was at 320 and I began swimming daily. I got down to 270 before I had a problem with anemia. That was the end of that. I gained it all back and then some, so in July 2020, I started once again, this time at 330. I set a goal to lose 100 pounds in one year, and had it not been for a medical problem in Spring 2021, I might have made it. I did manage to lose ~90 pounds by July 2021, and last December finally got below 230. Since then, I have seen my weight fluctuate in the 220's.

I actually think I should be able to get to 210, but for now, I'm just trying to hit 220.

In any case, since you've lost 100 lbs before, you know it can be done, so keep at it and you'll do it again. Who knows, at the rate I'm going, you might beat me to 220! 😄
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, May 6; week 1
    PW: 226.6
    CW: 227.3 ( gained 0.7 lbs; 0.31%)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    5/3-7,618
    5/4-13,008
    5/5-6,180
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    5/5 steps - 9140

I took the day off from work today. I'm avoiding most exercise but doing stuff around the house. My heart beat became regular again yesterday evening and has been fine so far today.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 195.5

Weight has been trending downwards but of course it blipped back up today. Still, it’s a loss over last week so no complaints here. Still dealing with foot issues but today I tried going for a walk after maybe 6? weeks off. I made it about 2/3 of a mile and I felt like I needed to stop there. But glad I made it that far. So I’m going to go slow and not push myself. Next weekend we are headed to the beach so I’m hoping to get some good walks in the sand there.
This discussion has been closed.