Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well it tooks like invites have gone out and you should know who your team is at some point in the next couple of day. I encourage you all to go find those groups and post in there right away. They are all great groups with a lot to offer you. I am still doing my 5K this Saturday and I am super nervous about failing. I am going to give it a good try. That is all I can do.

@cosmiccurves - I would check your groups page on MFP community. That is how you will know what group.
    @cormierannie - Did you see any rainbows after the rain? That is my favorite part.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am so excited to get everything started.

Well time to get ready for work. Have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,333 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 thank you for your post! that was very helpful and I was able to officially join my team!! :star: thank you as well @Tabatha_Cain !! Also, you will rock that 5K!! I cannot wait to hear how it goes!

I am super happy to report that we are finally done moving everything over and cleaning our old place, we turn in the keys today and get to finally focus on unpacking and organizing our new home! :relaxed: I have been ready to do this from day one! Going to finish the kitchen essentials first and then work on the kids' playroom. My mother-in-love comes in this evening to be with us for a few days, and we are super excited, and don't want her to be sleeping around a bunch of boxes and unpacked things. Then the next couple of weeks will be more unpacking and organizing as we adjust to our new home. We're all super happy to be at this point now, and I will take the extra movement throughout the day wherever I can get it!

We are getting some much-needed rain each day, so I have to get creative with my workouts and how to get in my steps. I am open to any suggestions!

I hope everyone has a wonderful last day of June!

YRpPbcw.png

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, are you all comfy cosy on your team, getting to know your way around ? I hope so!!
    @Tabatha_Cain I think you will do just fine on your 5K and jogging/walking is a good way to do one when it is been a while. Stay focused on the finish line and don't be distracted by anything along the way. I am so excited for you to participate in a 5 K - I have not done one in years and when I did I walked it with my walking poles - it was over whelming due to the crowds of people !!

iuppkv0ik3vo.gif

Well the 50 yo ( son ) is not working tomorrow as it is a holiday in Canada and should prove to be an interesting day lol he better not suggest swimming, it will be too crowded !!

Have a great day everyone !

alwnkfp35gxe.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    happy thursday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! woo hoo! my daughter says hi to all! tomorrow it's Canada Day here. my daughter will be going to a big park with some of her friends to celebrate Canada Day. I am still deciding which place to go to for Canada Day celebrations. my daughter is working at her part time job today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup it will definitely be fun when I get to use it. I think my father in law blocked it even more today. He brought up a power washer to help us with the bee problem we have. Oh we would hate Portland’s rule! We can take stuff to the “dump”. It’s 1/2 hour away-maybe I can persuade hubby eventually
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,354 Member
    Options
    hicim705 wrote: »
    hicim705 wrote: »
    ⚡🛎️EXCITING NEWS🛎️⚡!!

The 2022 Summer 5% Challenge ~ RHCS Team is now **OPEN** and those members that have requested our team have been invited. Please make sure that you look for and then claim your Summer Boarding Pass!!

If you requested the RHCS Team and did not get an invitation, please make sure that you send me a message so that I can **hopefully** help you find your boarding pass/seat on the RHCS plane!!

Here is the list of 2022 Summer RHCS Members that we are looking for:
    **Looking forward to welcoming back current RHCS and our new members (quite a few have already joined, the names below are the members we are still waiting to welcome!**

@sharonsparkle3
    @Patti3563
    @scoffey75
    @skaniski26
    @teelabrown7
    @TERMITEMOM2021
    @Uptoit59
    @withhishelp152
    @marg750me
    @marybpecora19
    @nisie3
    @jrdupree
    @LeniaSty
    @Lopeyp
    @korejel94
    @ExerciseRaider
    @francescopelandlucas
    @EjoyEvelyn
    @chickee7
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just saying hello still no internet and may not be until Tuesday. Night
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Didn't see the request from the OAL's 🤣. Oh well.

Baking is done for another year. Tomorrow is party time for Canada Day. Maybe will get into more detail of my wonderful week of baking 🙄.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Didn't see the request from the OAL's 🤣. Oh well.

Baking is done for another year. Tomorrow is party time for Canada Day. Maybe will get into more detail of my wonderful week of baking 🙄.

Hmm IT"S NOT TO LATE!! Deliveries are accepted at ANY TIME!! We'll NEVER not want mini cheesecakes. LOLOLOL!!

If anyone has not yet received their invites (And you were not one of the last ones to sign up for a team (including ANY TEAM) those who have very recently asked for a seat on a plane, please be patience. For those of you who signed up earlier on please check for your invites by doing the following:

From the home page please on the LIGHT BLUE bar click on the COMMUNITY Tab
    Next please click on the DARKER BLUE BAR GROUPS.
    It'll right there about where it says MY GROUPS
    1qu9fq75f9os.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope everything is going well. Tomorrow is the 5K. I am super nervous. Do I run today or no? I hear conflicting stories. Some say yes warm up and some say never run right before race day. So no clue what to do.

@cosmiccurves - I think just unpacking you are going to get plenty of steps. You are probably going to move stuff around until you find the right spot for it.
    @LindieMaeP - So since you are experienced everyone is telling me time is not important. That finishing the race is what is important.
    @cormierannie - You should get out and go to some festivities as well. That will be a great idea.
    @bookieNJ - I hope you get to use your bike soon. IT is great. I got on a bike for the firs time in like 25 years.

Well it is time o get ready for work. Have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday and July to everyone!!!

I'm definitely extra buzzy this morning about our challenge, so excited to start the practice week tomorrow too! I have a feeling that I will be a long time participant here for sure!

We were able to get the playroom completely unpacked and set up the mattress for her, and I was super happy to make it that comforting and peaceful space for her. Once she leaves we will put the mattress away and then set up the rest of the play area for the boys, until she comes back or we have another guest. It felt really good being able to get that all done. Now, the office area and living room! Definitely one of the biggest unpacking projects to tackle!

The very first area we unpacked when we moved in were the boys room, both bathrooms, and the kitchen. It was easy to start with the high use places and then work our way through the rest of the house.

I hope everyone rocks their day today!! :star:

YRpPbcw.png
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options
    gvwjmct868sw.png
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain -thx! Yeah it’s more blocked than before. I think I have a good difference than the last time so I am excited and clumsy.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful, warm sunny day here today. i did get out to enjoy some Canada Day festivities yesterday and so did my daughter. both budgies are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i am ready for the summer challenge. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day. everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,354 Member
    Options
    Hello, 2022 Summer 5% Challengers!! I've been doing a lot of paperwork today (what a way to spend a holiday weekend, but it has to get done). I've also been checking in to the Challenge, specifically the 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (aka. RHCS)🌶️ Team. I'm reaching out here as there are a few that were invited that have not yet picked up their Boarding Passes. Specifically, I'm looking for:
    @scoffey75
    @marybpecora19
    @nisie3
    @jrdupree
    One of these individuals has been on the team before and I have been able to reach out to her via MFP mail and regular e-mail. I'm confident that she will join ~ could just be busy this holiday weekend. The other 3, I've sent a MFP mail to them as well as a friend request with a note of who I am and why I'm trying to become MFP friends. So far, I haven't received a response. If anyone 'sees' these individuals, please tell them we are awaiting their arrival! ~ THANKS!!

Here is s a screenshot of the invite(s):
    3ly7fppv8528.png
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,636 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @grandmababa1 - If you're checking in on the summer team, here is a link to the Summer Fit Force Team so you can join us. We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143283-summer-fit-force-6