Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good morning to everyone!! Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday so far! I am working a little longer today to try to make up for the holiday hours yesterday since I didn't get in my full day, as well as making up some extra time for dental and dog appointments this coming Friday. Regardless, meals are planned for the day so I should be good to stay the course!

YRpPbcw.png
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today, with rain on and off. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! yesterday my daughter went with a few of her friends to see the Elvis movie. she really enjoyed it and told me the movie is really good. i will add it to my list of movies to see this summer. I am looking forward to seeing the new Thor movie this Friday afternoon. I am a huge Thor fan and I have seen every movie that Thor has been in. I have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be dancing to the 80's this evening after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been hot and humid. Had some thunderstorms early this morning. Enjoyed my TOPS meeting. This week was a gain. Not surprised as since I have been home food and exercise have not been anywhere near good. But hope to start changing that tomorrow. With my nap yesterday I ended up being up on and off all night. Which led to eating. I should have not had the nap. It happens every time.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Be back tomorrow
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well I hope your week has all started off great. I ran into an old ex boyfriend from high school. Well we started talking and we both felt that we may have still been together if our parents were not getting in the way when we were younger with what they felt was best for us. So we decided to give it another shot. I am excited. It is all new yet familiar. So I am nervous.

@cosmiccurves - That is good that your meals are planned. I do hope you have some fun while working extra hours
    @cormierannie - I too am a Thor Fan. I cannot wait to see the new Thor movie. I may see it Sunday or Monday.
    @CSEGUIN2 - You will get it figured out. IT was pretty hot and humid yesterday. It stormed here 2 nights in a row. Once my elbow heals completely I will be back at working out.

Well it is time for me to get ready for work. Have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and cooler day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she starts her summer school Grade 12 Physics course today. she is all ready and prepared for the course. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i got in a strength training workout this morning and i enjoyed it! later on i will be doing some dancing. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain How awesome to hear about your boyfriend!! I love how serendipitous life can be. As cliche as it sounds, if it's meant to be, it always will be!! I'm so happy for you! :love:

@Patti241 good afternoon! hope your day is rocking and rolling!

@cormierannie hello to your daughter! I LOVEEEEEEE physics! it's what I ended up going to school for actually, nuclear physics (specializing in star stuff as well). I wish her the best! The best advice I can give (I also tutored for this) is to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. The more practice problems she does, the better, and to take it in bite sized pieces. I love physics so much! Hope you enjoy your dancing later!

Today is another hot one where they are warning us all to stay inside whenever possible. I miss my daily walks so much :disappointed: so ready for cooler weather, but I know we still have a ways to go! I did a HIIT workout on YouTube this morning so got in my movement, but still sad because I truly love being outside. Ready for these storms to roll in to help cool everything off for a bit. I have a couple of big dining room windows now in our new home that I have a fantastic view of the sky at, and I am already in love with being able to see the storms rolling in! :love: Almost done with work, then going to enjoy the evening with my husband and our boys. I usually do not work this late, but had to take on some hours to work around appointments this week that are taking place during my usual hours. I might give a new recipe a shot tonight!

YRpPbcw.png
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabatha - congrats on the new but yet familiar journey in your life!

Sleep last night was better. Only got up once. Did end up eating something unhealthy. Good thing the snacks are all gone. Feeling a little better today. Did some chores around the apartment. Also did some stretches. Worked on a new workout/exercise schedule for August. We will see how it works out.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    HI ALL!! So sorry I suddenly POOFED!! I WISH I could say because I was off swimming, camping or something super fun (hey it's SUMMAH and in Maine that's generally a very small window), but I had gone into the hospital for my foolish foot. I am now back again. It's going to be a bit before my energy returns back to it's normal, but I am so grateful for the 5% Challenge!!!

Looks like most are doing amazing!! For those struggling, (WELL FOR ALL OF US!) So glad you are here. Together as a team (All 8 teams) We are simply AMAZING!! The way you each support each other, ASTONISHING!! We as OAL's can not begin to tell you how much we love seeing you all in action. GREAT JOB!!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain -Aw sorry about the rain! Fireworks were good here-I ate more junk food than expected but we socialized with friends
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    HI
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain How fun to run into high school boyfriend & to plan to spend time together again.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 *hope foot healing goes well & you are able to still keep active.
    Ready for summer challenge.
    Smiles Barb
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope all is well with you. I am so glad this is a shortened week this week. I have so much to do. It is 2 weeks until Pride and I need to get things going and I am feeling backed up. I have so much to do.

@cormierannie - Nice that your daughter is taking physics. My son is also taking physics. Way to go on the walking and strength training.
    @cosmiccurves - So sorry you are dealing with the heat. I hope it gets better for you. I love my picture window too. It does show some of the sky and the neighbor's house. I hope you have a good dinner with hubby and the boys.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Glad you slept better. I need to do some chores around the house. This weekend I can get back to strength training again.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - So glad you are alright. I hope it finally gets better and starts healing. Just take your time healing.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    @cormierannie Say cheep cheep to the budgies! :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    Ugh...8:00 AM and the temp is 81 with a "feels like" of 88. Gonna be brutal today. :#
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Cosmiccurves: I had a great day yesterday.

• cormierannie
    Options
    i'll say cheep, cheep to the budgies, @DaffyGirl88! it is a beautiful, sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. her grade 12 Physics course is online for summer school. she is so prepared for it. the budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! tomorrow, i am seeing the new Thor movie! woo hoo! i will definitely be having fun tomorrow. i went for a walk today and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was much cooler with less humidity. Feeling much better today but not perfect. Had to go to the dentist for a cleaning. That was my walk to and from there. Also did some weeding until I couldn't stand being in that position any longer. Tomorrow I clean for my friend in the afternoon. Hoping to feel well enough in the morning that I can get some of the yard cut.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,, Glad it's better weather today and you are feeling better though not yet great. Nice job walking to the dentist. Please take care.
    @Cormierannie,, Glad you'll have fun tomorrow.
    @Patti241,, HI Patti!! WAVING from Maine ALL THE WAY DOWN THERAH!
    @Daffygirl88 ,, where are you at? UGH at the 81!! That for a HIGH IS TO MUCH for this cool weathah gal.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Awww Tabatha, TY TY TY TY TY!!! Hope work goes very well. I LOVE my windows in the living room they overlook the harbor which is gorgeous any time of year. Yesterday with both clouds and sun, it was 3 different colors on various parts, and the clouds were moving along pretty fast, it was AMAZING!! Awesome that you also get to enjoy yours.
    @HealthyBarb1 ,,, Awww TY TY TY TY Barb!! It'll take 6 weeks and we'll see. Totally stinks its summer, I wanted to swim this year, but I am also extremely thankful we live in a time it's possible to beat it!! If I should ever at any time (I keep hearing I'll lose the foot at some time, been hearing it for years, so far, I've NOT) but, if I should,,,, should not I change my name to "Peggy Walker"? GREAT to have you with us here on the chat!
    @Marg750me ,,, HI Marg!! A very dear neighbors name is Marge (I call her Margie) who's a lovely lady. HAPPY to have you with us!
    @Bookienj ,, MISSED YOU!!! Sure hope your 5% Challenge is ALL you want it to be. Well, hey that goes for ALL of us.