Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Cormierannie ,,, so nice to be able others with food. TY TY TY 4 your part!! Since I live in a high rise of 55 plus, we are SURE some are struggling with so many prices going UP AND UP many of us put things downstairs, as long as it's not a cold item/frozen, and one that's not really ODD they are usually grabbed up quickly. Some of us will get a few items we know are wanted and leave them there. Its always done "in secret" so there's no embarrassment. SURE WOULD HATE to know a dear neighbor was hungry. In the wing/floor I live in are 7 units. Out of the 7, 5 of us are on the longer end (It's a very short wing) out of the 5 of us, 3 of us cook OFTEN and it smells so GOOD!! Last night the YUMMY SMELL was from my place. I had made 2 chicken breasts with a glaze (olive oil/soy sauce/garlic powder/onion powder) than I cut 5 slits in them, put in a thin slice of cheese and pizza sauce (Called for thin slice of tomato). OH MY SO YUMMY!!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, SO HAPPY your S felt better today!! NO matter how old they are, when they do not feel well, it still gets to our heart! NICE JOB moving your neighbors lawn!! SO KIND of you!! Oh games can be competitive at times. Glad you're now resting your knee!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,333 Member
    Options
    Diane: I am glad too. I know I can do this as well
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,702 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain Nice Pictures! I used to love to take pictures! I have a beautiful Minolta SLR 35MM with lenses and filters and all the accessories. But film is old school now and I haven't gotten into the whole digital thing. :(

@cormierannie Cheep! Cheep!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    693pl003o1ik.jpg

Today's word is JOY. I thought I would share a spot of color from a butterfly wildflower.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a warm and sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated. i have completed my strength training workout earlier this morning. i went for a walk earlier this afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Daffygirl88 ,, AMAZING PLACE!! Excellent pics!! I am ALL FOR PICS from you all!! We see how various areas look. Those are so nice!! GREAT JOB on the hike, hopefully your hammies with stretching will be okay. Did ya stretch before the hike? I AM HORRIBLE ABOUT Stretching before a walk/hike (NO HIKING right now of course!)
    @Patti241 ,,, LOVE IT!!
    @Novembergail ,, SO PRETTY!! I LOVE orange so MUCH!! If only people realized skin colors are like flowers, the variety is beautiful.
    @Cormierannie,, GREAT JOB getting in the ST early in the AM!! And the walking too!! ENJOY the dancing. My place is very well AC'd it needs to be (LOL As I hear those in the south laughing we are at 78 and that's JUST TO MUCH For this SPOILED Mainah!! But in the Wintah when it's 30 for a high and I am outside in a sweatshirt, you are all baffled while I am plenty warm.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a hot one. Got an hour of yard work done before I just decided I had enough if the sun. Got laundry and dishes done as well. Also called and made 2 appointments for my Son's teeth. He gets his bottom braces August 10th. Also played cards with Hubby and visited a neighbor. All around a great day.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, SMART not staying out in the hot sun!! At least in winter we can put on more clothing, but if we take off to MANY clothes outside,,, well neighbors either get upset or for me, they laugh hysterically calling each other "HEY!! GUESS WHAT "SHE'S UP TO NOW" type of thing. LOL I do what you do, only the other way around in the winter when it's to cold to stay out, that's when I get the house stuff more done. It feels so good to have Laundry and dishes caught up, but those 2 things NEVER EVER STAY done. Hope S likes having the results from the braces when it's all done and over with. WOOHOO with cards!! I went downstairs today and we played Cribbage. I played only one game, but WOOHOO!! We often play with 3 of us,, its very different to do that, but we all enjoy the extra challenge. I won by quite a bit against one player, and the other one I double skunked. It all just comes down the cards one gets.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good day. I have been spending a lot of time with my new boyfriend. It is so nice that he is only 30 minutes away and we can see each other every couple of days. He has to work early today so he stayed home.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I always try to look for a fresh perspective when shooting.
    @cormierannie - Glad you are staying cool and well hydrated. I like donating to the food bank as well.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Glad your son is feeling better. My knee sometimes aches after mowing too.
    @DaffyGirl88 - Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Love the waterfall photos. Your hammies will hopefully be good tomorrow. Thank you. I love photography.
    @NovemberGail - I love the word of the day. It fits.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, It's so much fun having a new BF!! As you get to know each other. ENJOY!!! Good day for work if it's hot there. IT's hot enough for us as far as I am concerned at at 73 going up to 77 than maybe thunderstorms later. LOL Izzy (cat) LOVES them, oh she's such a STRANGE kitty!!
    @Patti241 ,,,, HI Patti!!! Hope the day goes very well.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

S will be very happy when the braces, and surgery is done as he won't have anymore clicking and locking in his jaw. For him it's definitely not about the cosmetic side of it.

It's a beautiful day but hot. But the breeze and shade help. Today was weigh and TOPS Day. Gained 0.75 lbs. No one to blame but myself. Just need to start making myself get moving. Seem to be having trouble finding my motivation. My why's don't seem to help anymore🙄. I know I can do this! Got a talking to by a friend who was shocked to find out I haven't been doing my morning walks since I came home. From this point on I am making a promise here that I will start my workouts again. If I don't do them please feel free to hold me accountable. I am not sure what will light my fire any more but will figure it out.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Sure hope the braces will help S with the clicking and locking of his jaw!! That can be so hard, there is of course that wonderful side effect of looking nicer. Hey even when something is a medical reason, if there's a PLUS/PLUS in there by ALL MEANS he'll be able to smile easier and enjoy it. Makes the pain more doable. :smile:

I had to switch around my WHY's. My other ones did motivate me for an eon of time, but once I realized some of my other WHY'S I had hit, or changed, they just didn't mean anything to me any more. You've done so well, and well, life changes. Maybe asking "WHY NOT?" would help? WOOHOO on wanting to do your workouts again, are you going to switch them around? Is there something maybe someday you'd like to do that you never never thought you could do? No just exercise, but also dreaming? I'd LOVE to go a place to ZIP LINE, to climb on ropes, walk on a swaying bridge,,,, I am not young any more, but ohhhhh the kiddo inside of me still WANTS TO HAVE THIS FUN!!! I THOUGHT this was MY YEAR For the ZIP line, my foot says otherwise. BUT!! Last year we had decided "hey, Let's go camping!" A BFF and I were talking she was "OH YES I WANT TO!" AND WE DID SO!! We clearly had bigger ambitions this summer, my foot has said "OH yeah? WANNA BET?" But, we are NOT to be deterred! We are still hoping in August towards the end of it, we can still go. She's now quite ill, and who knows what that'll mean when the tests are done. We know it's heart and vascular, but not the exact yet. Still we are thinking for a night, if we do camping locally it's still a GO!! See do not (any of us) stop from aiming for anything you may enjoy. I am not sure if this helps you or not. For many of us
    mqvqgxkxi50l.png

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,794 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 Rekindle your fire one small flame at a time. Before you know it the inspiration and motivation return and we always come through without the smell of smoke!6js610o5n9u6.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are having a great morning. I am having a good morning. I am hoping to have a good day today. It has been so busy at work lately.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It is fun having a boyfriend. We dated in high school so not totally a new boyfriend
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hope they get relief from their braces soon. It was a beautiful day outside yesterday. I wanted to go for a walk just did not have time.
    @Ceriusly1 - So true.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 ,, LOVE That Ceri!! Nice reminder
    @Tabatha_cain ,,, OH That's SO COOL!!! No doubt lots you both caught up on and now to enjoy each others company. That's so neat!! Hope work was okay.
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti!!! Was today a good day?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the continued support during my struggle. Prayers and hugs to all who need it.

It's been raining on and off all day and it's really warm out. I have created a new exercise schedule for August. Today was the first day of the new exercise schedule practice. Really enjoyed my morning walk. Also walked to and from the grocery store. It was raining when I left the store. Was glad I could use the umbrella ☔ as there was no wind for once. Also got some chores done and played Skipbo with Hubby. Looking forward to tomorrows workouts and dental appointment.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,, So happy you all got rain. It's not nearly bad when it's warm out. Last night I opened my windows during a thunderstorm because the air smells so GOOD!!! WOOHOO on getting chores done, and Skipbo is ALWAYS FUN!! CONGRATS on doing your exercise!!