Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Bookienj,, SWEET it'll be nice to have your oldest D at home again. Love how your younger one has some activities that help her to be busy enough so she's not out and about or worse saying those words we ALL DREAD "I AM BORED!! There's NOTHING TO DO!" LOL but, even when my GD was busy I'd still hear it, shoot we said ourselves.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Nancy and I’m the newbie. 🥰 I am looking forward to getting to know you and to figure everything out here. Please be patient because I’m directionally challenged! 😝
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all had a great weekend. Things are great here. We are all good. I did a lot during the pride Festival. My boyfriend was there with me and all that.

@cormierannie - I hope you had a great day. I still need to finish my housework
    @CSEGUIN2 - Way to go on finishing your exercise. Wow they have kept them in a long time. I hope they are ok at the hospital. I am sure their furbabies miss them.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes, I got a lot of steps. I also got 295 fitness minutes. I can only count 120 though. So that is cool.

Well It is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yeah it is hot here. Glad we have ac too
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    happy monday everyone! it is a warm and mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all staying cool and well hydrated. i got in a strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk earlier this afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup! Hubby and I actually will have 36 hours without kids because younger daughter is going to grandma’s for a few days before older daughter comes home
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a day of flexibility. Went for short walk as my phone was saying it was going to rain. Rained shortly after I got home. All planned workouts done plus some bonus movement. My neighbor thinks he might be home tomorrow. He misses being home. I get that. But told him they would let him out when he was healthy enough.

Here is a picture of the fur babies. The white one is Gus he is the oldest. The black one is Mizzy and is the youngest.
    w7kiosxxe6w1.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @therealbluenote ,, WELCOME aboard Nancy!! If you have any questions we are here!! Once you are on a team (You probably are by now) they'll also be very delighted to help you. WOOHOO This is a great challenge!
    @Tabatha_Cain, ,, WOW that's a LOT Of time on your feet!! WOOHOO Though that you can do that! WTG!! Hope work was well.
    @Patti241,, are you all in a drought? It's FINALLY raining here though not a lot, still we'll take what we can get!
    @Cormierannie,,, Glad you are active,, and it sure does feel good!!
    @Bookienj,, will you both take off or just enjoy the quietness of the house? I grew up in a family of 8 kids (5 of us were siblings, the other 3 were cousins who grew up with us). It was RARE the house had no kids, until it got down the last 3 of us.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Our rain started I think around 3 ish. Nice that you have it. WOOHOO on getting in your exercise in early. NICELY DONE!! Oh, NO DOUBT he misses those sweet sweet faces!! EASY to see why!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well. I feel like things are going pretty well here in my neck of the woods. I am doing better every day at work and I think things are going well. I am still looking for another job but they need to pay just as much as my current job pays and that is hard to find because I make almost $23 an hour.

@cormierannie - That is great that you did some strength training and liked it. I love strength training. Enjoy some dancing later.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is great that you got all your planned fitness done for yesterday. The pups are cute
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I was surprised I did all that too. I did sit down from time to time. That is a good thing though.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Have a fabulous Tuesday!!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: No. We had a lot of rain yesterday and the day before that.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a very warm and sunny day here today. the weather is going to be like this for pretty much the rest of the week here. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated. i went for a walk earlier this morning before it got too hot outside. i usually head to an air conditioned place, such as a library or a mall, whenever the weather is very warm. i will be doing some dancing later on, when it is cooler here. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is a HOT one! But they say it's only going to get hotter. Today was a great day a TOPS. I stayed the same! So I know if my calories were where they're supposed to be I would have lost. Either way it's a win! Anyways have a meeting tonight so busy busy busy.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, as crazy as this will sound, and IT IS CRAZY if I hadn't stopped working at the grocery store as a shift lead/cashier, I'd easily be making 30 an hour now. But that'd be about 30 plus years of working there. How do I know this? I had gone back there briefly during the pandemic (I was paid for my normal job of foster grandmother with a local elementary school also). MANY of my former co workers are still there.. Hey they pay very well. Shoot when I went back I was told "Name how much an hour you want." and they UPPED IT! Employers are desperate for help. I am SURE it will not remain as such. Glad you had a good day!
    @Daffygirl88 ,, WOOHOO BACK AT YOU!! How did the day go?
    @Patti241,, Some places got to much, other areas are so dry. Its weird, so weird the rain came up this way, but went pretty much around where we are, oh it was all around us. I am hoping we are no longer in a moderate drought. Are you all?
    @Cormierannie,,,, HOT here too. Please be careful about any outside exercise, and even inside. I know you are very good about drinking water. WTG on that!!
    @Cseguin2 ,, WOOHOO NICE indeed at TOPS!! You've got this now!! For a bit life was not being kind to you, and yet you kept going forward, even if it felt backwards. NICELY DONE!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

Well things are going well for me. I am doing well. I have been dating someone for almost 2 weeks and well things are going great. We dated before in high school and he is still the same yet more mature if that makes sense. He is a great guy so far. We will see how it keeps going. I hope it continues to go well. Work is nerve wracking all in itself and I am always nervous at work. I just keel like I am going to get fired at any minute. Realistically they would not be able to work without me. They would be extremely short staffed so there is that possibility of not being fired due to it would make them too short staffed.

@cormierannie - Do you have AC at home? Heading to the mall or the library is a great way to stay cool.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I would take that as a win. You did not gain any that is what matters
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We are getting ready for Performance reviews. Not sure if they give us a raise then or not so we will see. I am not sure how this goes. This is my first one with the company. I have been here almost 2 years. In November it will be 2 years. I got hired 11/9/2020

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 The day went pretty well, considering I was / am at work. :)
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: No we are not in a drought. We got a little bit of rain yesterday
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a very warm and sunny day here today. there is supposed to be some rain and a lot of wind tonight here. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep. i am very careful whether i exercise inside or outside in any kind of weather. i do not have air conditioning at my place, so i head to places that do, such as a library, a local mall or on the subway system here. we are all keeping cool and well hydrated. i did a walk in the basement area of my building this morning. it is cooler here than the rest of the building. i did a strength training workout on my balcony this morning, before the sun gets on the balcony. during the day, the balcony is in the shade and in the late afternoon it is in the sun. i still drink plenty of water and do not over exert myself wherever i exercise. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

It's so hot and humid here. We have been under a tornado watch here. We did have a thunderstorm roll through with a down pour this afternoon. Didn't help with how it feels outside much. Wanted to get a bike ride in today to the grocery store but that didn't happen. Hubby had other plans. Oh well will walk to the grocery store tomorrow after my dentist appointment. All planned exercise was done. Food choices today have been off the chart. Tomorrow is a new day! One off day no matter how bad will not derail my success this week. Prayers to all who need them.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Good evening airport pals! I worked very hard today organizing, purging, and cleaning the kitchen, living room, and dining room. I’m exhausted and so proud of myself for not giving up! Now I’ll wait an hour or so for the temperature to go down outside and then sit on the porch amongst my flowers with a tall glass of no sugar added lemonade! 🍋🍋🍋