WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a trip to a nearby Mineral Spa for one night with my son. We soak our aching joints in the mineral waters 3 or 4 times over 2 days and I use the time in the pool to exercise my joints and do my stretching exercises too. I know when I have done a good job because I’m a little sore on Monday 😆 . Plus it’s good quality time spent with my son.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @jugar oh yeah -- we're on for week 4! nothing more to be done about the lack of checks for week 3. I'm hard at work picturing a very green July... ;)

Having one of those "perfect days" - feeling very productive. I got more job apps in, put away my laundry, took a long walk without much irritation in the foot injury, went straight into yoga and then straight into a cardio video on FitOn. all told, I did 3 separate workout videos today and I'm about to do a new 10 min bedtime yoga from Adriene. Meals were great, including a new little recipe for a warm caprese wrap (mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar in a 50 cal tortilla). Dessert was some baked apple bites, which I adore.

tomorrow, I am going to my cousin's house for the first time for a cookout. I will get to meet the baby she had during quarantine! I'm bringing cornbread and pineapple to grill. Trying to be smart about calories early in the day because I don't actually know what's on the menu. And I'll get yoga and a 35 min workout in before I leave for sure.

I do need to keep working on all-or-nothing thinking. This week was largely a wash for movement and good eating. gotta push myself to take the baby steps towards health even on days when I'm feeling down or lazy.

seeing some lovely losses in the chat! way to go all around
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Saturday people and anyone still not reported for this week! It is your turn:
    @BlissfulK
    @JessiBelleW
    @ells_bellz
    @micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @eggfreak
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989
    @once_mas
    @mmarceau2

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 163.3
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jugar , you are absolutely right!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,064 Member
    Options
    Week 4's Group Challenge for June, which starts on Sunday, Jun 19th, has just been posted. Please join us this week for some pampering and a prize!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867284/june-week-4-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Last Call!

Please post these remaining weigh-ins for this week right away! If you needed the week off, just let me know.
    @BlissfulK
    @graceojo999
    @JessiBelleW
    @ells_bellz
    @micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

Thanks!

And then we're ready to begin Week 4 with the lovely Sunday people:
    @deniners2
    @BlissfulK
    @YinxFed
    @graceojo999
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    PW 150.5
    CW 150.5
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak glad you were able to help your mom. My grandmother has fallen so many times in the last 2 years, it's put everyone on edge around her (which she abhors). I will say it is certainly chilly in our neck of the woods today, so hot soup allowed. I've been leaning heavily into no-cook meals recently to avoid turning on the oven! Charcuterie-style lunch today. :)

Dinner at my cousin's house was so fun and a pretty healthy meal to boot! Grilled pork tenderloin w/ a tasty rub, salad, and my cornbread (they kept all the leftovers too except some grilled pineapple which is ideal). Her daughter is 3.5 years old and very funny.

I'm really focusing on sleep schedule this week. I've had 2 good days in a row of waking up at or before 7 naturally and running with it. I got my grocery shopping done before 9am today! There's so much more time in the day when you don't sleep until 9:20. Who knew.

Good workouts on deck for this week too - I'm hoping I can weigh-in tuesday right around where I left off before the big birthday weekend (~255.X). That would be 3 weeks in the green for me in June I think.

As soon as my fitbit is charged, I'm going to do my workout for the day (abs on FitOn) and then have lunch. Yoga and meal prepping are already done. A long walk after lunch before I start a lot of interview prep for the rest of the day.

Happy Sunday, happy Juneteenth to those in the US, and happy father's day to any parents in the crowd! (I say this includes pet parents).
This discussion has been closed.