Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,258 Member
    Great point @jugar and it gets to @micki48 saying she wants to pick something to focus on. We are all here testing things for sure, and in feelings of overwhelm, it's a great strategy to start small and build from there. Wait until your small step is a fully formed habit, and then add some more.

Remember, there are so many folks not even trying... and I remember what it was like to be in that space for such a long time. Whatever you're working for, it's worth it! Let it be a postiive experience as best you can and be kind to yourselves. To your point @jugar ... I hope those feeling frustrated find a way to use that as fuel for your goals.

6/14 exercise:
    10,194 steps + 77 minutes Peloton
  • ashleycarole86
    @DD265
    You are so right that sleep is hard!
    I am actually a decent sleeper once I get there, but for me it's making the right amount of time for it. I feel like there are too many things to do before I get there, but prioritizing everything else over sleep isn't the right thing for health either.
    Then, when I start to hone in on that and focus on it, it makes me feel a bit stressed about the whole thing. The second I say I want to sleep x hours... then I start to panic if something comes up to get in the way.
    A work in progress for sure.
  • ashleycarole86
    @MoonlitMuse

My condolences for the loss of your grandpa.

The work situation sounds very frustrating. It sounds like someone didn't set appropriate expectations, how could they have you work a whole day and then decide to identify it doesn't count? I feel for you there... it might be one thing to say "hey, maybe we weren't clear, but next time..." but how they chose to engage with you sounds super frustrating.

Glad the yoga fest was so restorative.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    @jugar I will need a break from weighing in this Friday. It just been too much lately and I have no idea where I am weight wise.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Man, this week is just flying by. I’m very busy at work and covering for the boss. His wife took a turn for the worse today and he is not doing well. I’m able to stick to the program though 👍🏻
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    Happy Wednesday!
    I enjoyed my early morning aqua-robics class and then did several batches of laundry (mini-machine with spinner so, time intensive but wee loads) at home before going back to work. One of our Physical Therapists celebrated her birthday today with an ice cream party. I chose a small serving of ice cream and small orange soda (with 2 T vanilla ice cream) for that lovely “creamsicle” beverage of yore. I ate a cashew-carrot soup for lunch (188 calories) and was happy with that,
    My sister (@jugar) stopped by our place en route from visiting Dad in Massachusetts as she wended her way back home to Canada. As always, great visit, even if brief!
    Have a great night, y’all❣️
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    @jugar I will need a break from weighing in this Friday. It just been too much lately and I have no idea where I am weight wise.

no problem!
  • ashleycarole86
    Donated blood today and they say no strenuous exercise for 6-8 hours on their website, but the lady who did my needle said "all day".
    I had planned to ride tonight but I do at times feel wiped from the blood donation and figured there was no reason to push it.
    So, Brad is up cycling away, and I made dinner and lunches and so on.
    The rain has stopped but it's still pretty windy. My dog could use a stretch around the block so I'll likely pop out there before I head up to bed to cap off my 10,000 steps.
    My weight is hovering at the low end of my maintenance range which is sort of by design pre-Vegas. We'll see where it lands tomorrow.
    I am still at a calorie goal of maintenance - 10% but I've had about 6 days over that this month. Overall my weight is still trending down but with vacations and such for the summer I think eating at this small deficit will probably be a good offset for the days I exceed maintenance.
    Playing around and getting data, anyway...
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @ashleycarole86 that photo of you at what looks like a wine tasting with the window and plant behind you looks like it could be a stock photo online used by advertisers. The lighting is perfect and you look to be in perfect health. Model Ready!

It took a photo of myself at my larger size to make me realize what the world saw me as so the transformation going the other way can slip past your notice as well until you're confronted with it. I had to submit a new photo for my work ID card and it made me realize that the old photo they had was from 70lbs ago. Glad that's changed. Now to keep the momentum....
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86
    Goal Zone (Maintenance Range 160-165)
    Thursday weigh-in

CW 158.6

@jugar I'll be in Vegas without a scale next Thursday, so I won't weigh in until Friday next week. (Brad too!)
  • ashleycarole86
    I didn't let my scale disappointment derail me. I worked out for 50 minutes, logged, came in under and almost hit my macros. If I stay consistent, hopefully the scale will eventually catch up.

Way to go Kelly! Sounds like a great strategy. Glad you had such a great day. Thanks for the kind words (and @lauren_989 too!)

This group is weaved into the fibre of my being now!

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2022
    @MoonlitMuse I'm sorry about your Grandad, and the crappy week. Look after yourself!

@ashleycarole86 those photos are really inspiring. I think we all know how much effort you put in, but seeing it is incredible.

I'm almost back to 100%... bit worse this morning but I think the pollen count is up and down. I haven't bothered testing for covid again as it wouldn't really change anything. Work has been crazy busy - I have more than made up the hour I took off earlier in the week - and isn't showing many signs of letting up. At home things haven't really changed either. I didn't manage to get a call in to the carpet fitter today because I was so busy at work, but I plan to spend tomorrow afternoon (I cancelled my vacation in the morning to accommodate meetings) tidying/cleaning so the house feels back in order.

Yesterday OH brought back some tomato and cucumber plants from his tutor, but I'm not ready to put them in the ground! My glass green house is in pieces on the decking - I collected it from FB marketplace on Saturday, thankfully! - and the ground at the allotment is not prepared but I have two small plastic ones I could use, if I got some growbags for the tomatoes. Still got the broccoli and single cucumber plant from a few weeks ago that aren't in the ground either.

Here's a question for anybody who feels like answering...

The carpet is very pale, the ceiling is white, the blinds are white, the furniture/bedding are white, the lampshade is white, the curtains (which I don't have) will be white, and the walls are this colour:

cm17h1rhvs2i.png

xs4rwbfx2343.png

Those brushed stainless steel curtain poles, or white ones? I can't decide! :#

ETA - the first photo is just one coat, it's solid now! ;)
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    No change for me unfortunately 😞
This discussion has been closed.