Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
edited June 2022 in Social Groups
lozfxchg5j1p.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs from May 29 - June 25. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    g0lox7a02hpo.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or TheMrWobbly) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 29th. Join us for "Cardio & Caring"! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865587/june-week-1-group-challenge-cardio-caring#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    6coshxxw5imw.jpg

Welcome to our newest members:
    @SavageMrsMoose
    @reneek21
    @thebettybadazz
    @nallasridevi
    @bigbeff82
    @kimpope1
    @2015krb
    @Queen_JessieA
    @tashasgotthis
    @Susanna527
    and welcome back to @TheMrWobbly !

I caught most of you and was able to say welcome early, but for those I missed, glad you found our team! I hope you will find an amazing level of support, as I have through the years that I've been here! I'm Jessica, your Captain. On behalf of the whole team and our Motivators, @angmarie28 and @PatriceFitnessPal , please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you on your journey. I promise you'll get inspiration, great ideas and occasionally a good booty kick (when needed)...LOL! All of us know, the journey isn't easy, but the rewards are WELL worth it in so many ways!

Take a second, if you haven't already and introduce yourself and tell us a little about what you hope to achieve in June and the future. Also, read the FAQ that I posted today and see if that answers any of your questions. If not, please post and we'll try to find answers for you.

If you're a walking/running enthusiast, sign up for our Daily step challenge...all I need if your first name (for the chart), your daily step goal you hope to hit every day and tell me your favorite place to walk. That's it. The Step chart can be found on the same page where your weigh-ins are recorded. Go to the main Fat2Fit page where you found registration, look at the bottom where the spreadsheets are listed and click on the June spreadsheet. If you go to the Shape Shifters tab at the bottom, then scroll down underneath the weigh in chart, you'll find the step challenge chart. Report your steps in the main chatroom every few days and at the end of the month, we honor the weekly high stepper, as well as the top three for the month. It's a nice way to challenge yourself and another opportunity to celebrate NSVs (non-scale victories)!

We also have a weekly Group Challenge that I just announced on this page earlier today. It starts on Sunday of each week and runs through Saturday. This week it's called "Cardio & Caring" and you just click on the link above that I announced and get registered to participate. It's different each week and if you have suggestions for a challenge, PLEASE post to me in that thread. I always welcome suggestions. FYI, if you join any of our challenges and need to make allowances for physical issues, your personal nutritional plan, etc., feel free to do so. We want to be as inclusive with everyone as possible that allows everyone to participate.

Again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you throughout the month. PLEASE take advantage of this great support source. The more you participate in the group, the more you'll get out of it.

Take care and good luck in June!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/26 steps - 16160
    5/27 steps - 12167
    5/28 steps - 11504
  • jessicakrall8
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    Jax_Grim
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 239 lbs
    CW: 239 lbs
    LTD: 76 lbs

A disappointing weigh in. Still holding.

@Jax_Grim Way to maintain! Sometimes the body just holds on to fluid and since you know you're doing all the right things, it can be very frustrating! Some weeks I refuse to talk to my scale. I hate him! LOL Hang in there!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    @Pupowl I keep forgetting you're an avid reader like I am. Do you have a favorite fantasy author? What are you reading currently? I used to read one book at a time, but now I find I usually have a paperback book, one on my phone in the Kindle app and one on my Nook going at the same time. Usually very different storylines. I'm currently reading Karen White's ghost books...first time reading her stuff...like the way she details her storyline. Not really into ghosts, but it makes for interesting twists in the story.

Hope you have a lovely day!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Jax_Grim - To me, your high number of steps alone is worth celebrating! Moving like that is bound to make you healthier overtime, so I like to think of it as 39,831 steps along the journey of long term health. I’ve waited 5-6 weeks sometimes to drop a half pound so I definitely understand the frustration when the process seems to have stalled.

I remember @angmarie28 posted a really interesting summary of why we sometimes have to wait so long to see the rewards of our healthier behavior (e.g., holding on to water for muscle repair, etc.). I’ve decided to reframe ‘no change’ 😣 on the scale to ‘no gain’ of additional weight 🤩. I don’t know if that will work for you but I’m confident you will find your way forward.

Typically, we gain weight in small amounts over time and kind of get used to it or plan to do something about it tomorrow (and then tomorrow and then Monday, and then tomorrow, on and on). So, when we don’t gain - and instead stay steady - I propose a victory dance around the kitchen. 😀💃🕺😀 And, the bonus is you burn more calories and log more steps! 😉

One of these days we’re going to post those kitchen dance videos here! Watch out TikTok influencers — The Shape Shifters Kitchen Dancers are coming for a dance off!! 🤣😂🤣
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @Pupowl - I also didn’t realize you like to read fantasy books. My oldest son also enjoys that genre so I’ll watch for any recommendations for fantasy books, video games, anime, or movies. He’ll be taking a class that is all day 9am-5pm four days per week this summer but likes to take a break from his studies by relaxing that way.

I like when members introduce themselves each month because we learn a little bit more about our team. You are such a core member of the monthly chats and I really appreciate all your contributions.

I also want to thank you, @izzyred9400, @bearchested, @CasandraW, @jessicakrall8 and others who supported me through a tough week. Your comments in the May Chat really lifted my spirits. Sincere appreciation to all! 💕
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited May 2022
    … Introduce yourself and tell us a little about what you hope to achieve in June and the future.

I’m looking forward to June, which marks my one year anniversary date for joining the F2F Challenge group. I was stalled at 135 pounds after losing 30+ pounds over about 15 months — March 2020 through June 2021. I reached my goal weight of 125 in September 2021, three months after joining the team. Now, I’m trying to figure out how to maintain my nutrition and fitness habits for lifelong health. This is a new complex challenge. Dieting doesn’t work for life so I know I need to establish positive lifestyle routines that work for me. This month, I want to focus on one nutrition goal and one fitness goal:

-Nutrition: Eat more vegetables for lunch, especially raw vegetables like salad topped with a lean protein.

-Fitness: Move closer to my optimal weight — 125 pounds.

I’m in the upper end of my 120-130 maintenance range and it takes me a long time to lose weight because I’m close to my goal. A one or two pound loss will satisfy me but I want to see a downward trajectory during my weekly weigh-ins. Realistically, it might take until September to achieve the ‘scale’ goal, especially since I’m working to build muscle and improve my flexibility and balance at the same time.

It’s hard to use a specific number on the scale to gauge success. So, one of my future goals is to compare the results of a previous DEXA body scan to see if I’ve been able to reduce my body fat percentage and build my bone density. My baseline test in January 2022 showed signs of osteopenia (i.e., deficiency of bone minerals such as calcium and vitamin D), so my doctor encouraged me to participate in more weight bearing exercises.

I added some weight training during the winter - and I work with a personal trainer to incorporate exercises using my body weight (e.g., plank, burpee, push ups) - so I’ll need to follow up with my doctor in early 2023 to get the full results from the 2022 scan (she only told me about the bone density results but not the other data) and ask for an updated assessment to compare results.

Well, as usual, that was a mouthful ^^ 🙄 so I’ll include a more personal introduction below. I read that we should be as clear as possible when setting our intentions and include the behavior we seek, along with when and where we will implement it. Like this -

I will [BEHAVIOR] at [TIME] in [LOCATION] — From author James Clear, who wrote Atomic Habits

… but that was more detail then anyone wants! Maybe my goal should be posting more succinct messages! 😬
  • jessicakrall8
    Just wanted to post a thank you to all the Step Challenge participants in May. I really appreciate that each of you took great care in posting your steps every few days and keeping up with doing so. It makes my job so much easier when I don't have to chase people for information. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUUUUuuuu! :smile:

Let's close out May, celebrate our winners and step it up for June! Now taking registrations for June's step challenge...send me your first name, step goal (daily), favorite place to walk and I'll get you signed up!

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    May Steps
    5/24 4,445
    5/25 6,725
    5/26 7,016
    5/27 6,415
    5/28 8,402
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited May 2022
    Please set me up for June steps at 6,500
    Favorite place to walk is my neighborhood-when I go take the further route, I go through a little forest path that I see squirrels, woodpeckers and other birds with tall trees- its very peaceful and quiet and thats where I pray/meditate when I go through
    Thank you
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ox80z37ujteu.png
    5jywugwsfa7y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    m73icxwkm1ji.png

By Pounds
    snmxqw7ol0ld.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    y4mvqc8k9pyo.png

By Pounds
    s7tbq4ubv1e5.png
    qj8yy5m3yq96.png

Team Winners
    gjdo8a930fea.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

gegzdinz09eb.png
    ta7xetmz1nca.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    822jwpu9b84u.png

By Pounds
    1g4lermv3ak7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zkdlpie0xe2o.png

By Pounds
    h3ie3yofe875.png
    gei7bn4kh5t4.png
    e07825m0syi7.png

Team Winners
    pke6mu5gcdx6.png
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Congratulations to all the Shape Shifters on the leaderboard - @JenHul, @bearchested, and @KHill875 for the week!

And, @JenHul, @Afura, and Jax_Grim were our leaders for the month of May!

It’s also fantastic to see all the Shape Shifters among the honorable mentions, and those who managed to stay ‘in the green’ with no gains throughout all of May.

The Shape Shifters team continues to show up consistently in the top three. Keep up the great work! 🎉🎉🎉
  • jessicakrall8
    @Susanna527 I have you signed up for the June Step Challenge at 5,000 steps a day. Welcome to the insanity! :smile:

Also, thank you for sharing your story. Like many of us, we tend to eat our feelings and it sounds like you're a very strong person to have survived all the trauma you've endured. We got this...day by day, meal by meal...and we're here to keep you motivated!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    May steps
    5/27 15,290
    5/28 9,869
This discussion has been closed.