Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Saturday - 4 June
    Steps: 16.144
    I had a bit of a stressful day again. I went to the gym in the morning which went fine. Started up laundry after, got some groceries. I noticed Tinus' limp was worse; I could now also see it when he is just walking. I spent a while cleaning downstairs, vacuuming and mopping. During that time Tinus was napping on a shelf. When I was done and we went outside for a walk again, it had gotten much worse again. Limp was really bad when walking and he wouldn't put his paw on the ground when he was sitting down. At that point I called the vet again.
    Since it's the weekend, I got put through the emergency vet on call. He was a bit of a dick, told me I should have gone on Friday. I was in touch with my own vet on Friday, his limp was not that bad at that point and they had no free spots for an appointment. They said to make an appointment if it didn't get better, so I have one for Tuesday. I was a bit annoyed that he implied that I didn't care enough to go sooner. Like I could have guessed he would get so much worse so fast! The vet also told me to check his temperature for a fever because that could point to something more serious, (Tinus loved that..not.) but thankfully he didn't.
    Anyway, I asked if I could get some painkillers for him so he would be more comfortable until we could see the vet on Tuesday. It seems there are 3 vets in 3 different towns that rotate who is on call on weekends, and it was the turn of the one over 20 kilometers away. So I could pick up medication, but it was at their building. It would be over an hour to bike one way. So I decided to be brave and ask the lady living across the street from me if I could borrow her car. I don't know her well, but she has a senior dog who has trouble walking and we sometimes chat outside; she is nice. I was very grateful she said yes. So in the evening I took her car to pick up his painkillers. I will get her a gift card or something as a thank you.
    It is now Sunday morning. I woke up at 5:20 to use the bathroom, but I was so worried Tinus would be worse again that I just got up and got dressed. He seems to be doing better than yesterday. I can still see he walks a little off, but it's nowhere near as bad. I hope the meds will manage his pain for a few more days. I will check his temperature daily just in case as well.
    Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • bigbeff82
    bigbeff82 Posts: 31 Member
    @jessicakrall8

Steps
    29/5 2854
    30/5 4169
    31/5 11938
    1/6 7868
    2/6 16912
    3/6 14807
    4/6 1066

I'll post each Saturday Eve/Sunday
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @Pupowl I hope he feels better soon!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:233.1
    CW:234.2 😭
    I need to move more but I have zero energy lately. I can't wait for my baby to start sleeping throughout the night. Having a newborn at 35 is exhausting🤣🤣

I can imagine! I find my nieces and nephews exhausting compared to when my own were small and I’m 39
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    edited June 2022
    @2015krb
    @Queen_JessieA
    @tashasgotthis
    @reneek21
    @thebettybadazz
    @Rmyles11 and @nallasridevi - both posted once in the May chat. Hopefully can be back!
    @kimpope1

Hello the good ship SS!
    I have moved all these new people to the drop list because they did not ever post. The two who posted at the end of the May chat may still be interested but lost? In any case, all of them could be re-instated the minute they show up if that happens.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited June 2022
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    Susanna527
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
    PW: 205
    CW: 205

Steps:
    6/2 - 5000
    6/3 - 5000
    6/4 - 5000

I thought I didn't weigh myself again until the day after tomorrow 🤔

@Susanna527 I had you down with a Saturday weigh day, but I tried to go back and verify that in the May registration thread and it wasn't available. Please advise what weigh day you would like and I'll switch it. Apologies if this was our mixup, but it happens on occasion, so no worries. Just let me know your preference...enjoy your day!

Here's the snippet from your registration for June. Let me know if you want to switch your weigh in day to Monday and I will do so.

s7pafaqaam6c.png

Jessica
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hello fellow Shape Shifters! Here is my progress to date:

Walela617
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 217.0 (02/29/08)
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.2 (5/29/22) - NEW DAY ONE! (GOAL WEIGHT: 140 or below)
    CW (Current Weight): 162.2 (6/05/22) - WK01
    LTD: 53.0, *Current* LTD: 2.0

I temporarily misplaced the charger for my fitness watch last week, but my average steps were between 6,000-~7,000 per day. The GOOD news is that I found it (yay) and I will start tracking steps officially beginning today. I can take a screen shot of my saved sessions and will also show the total steps for the day (to include steps not included in recorded workout sessions).

Have a wonderful week!
    cp8le2zgsd7c.jpg

• Walela617
    edited June 2022
    Walela617 (Note that the pics below say my "Metabolic Age" is 68, but I'm not even 64 yet!) ;)
    I have a Renpho scale. My actual 1st weigh-in was 164.2 as shown below. I'm not sure how close to 100% accuracy it is, but at least it should show progress. They are showing a slightly higher BMI because I could only input 5'3" for height and I'm actually 5'3.5"! Also, the app is saying I lost 5.0 lbs. but that's from February 13th, my total for this challenge so far is 2.0 lbs. I will post 1st weigh-in, then current weigh-in every Sunday. I wish I could post them smaller and side-by-side, but I don't know the BBC code to do that - Sorry! (Hopefully, I can improve some of these stats!) Cheers! (Carole)

nljxp4746xir.jpgswneafnbic1h.jpg

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000

Thu 6/2: 4,443
    Fri 6/3: 751
    Sat 6/4: 2,116

I'm doing better now, so I hope to get my steps back up to 10,000.
  • Walela617
    edited June 2022
    Walela617 [CORRECTED: LTD (Lost to Date) is actually 54.8 (from 217)] Also fixed WK numbers!
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 217.0 (02/29/08)
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.2 (5/29/22) - WK01 (GOAL WEIGHT: 140 or below)
    CW (Current Weight): 162.2 (6/05/22) - WK02
    LTD: 55.0, *Current* LTD: 2.0
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    Sunday weigh in...
    22/05/22...118.7kg (261.7 lbs)
    29/05/22...117.2kg (258.4 lbs)...-1.5kg...-1.5kg
    05/06/22...117.2kg (258.4 lbs)...-0.0kg...-1.5kg

No great surprise, started the week with man flu, had my son's birthday in London middle of the week and a four day bank holiday weekend with various celebratory requirements.

Done more gardening work which was cementing sleepers in so I haven't worn my watch and therefore no steps!

Good to we are mostly doing well and that there is light at the end of the tunnel for others.

Keep it up everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

3n5enje9ai2w.png
    254tuwphzz8l.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    n31o2uu5d4jm.png

By Pounds
    8d2b6g0ilxgu.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    4mcqc6zywfgu.png

By Pounds
    fb39dv2zz0ck.png
    l8da7lpoikq9.png

Team Winners
    ovkz41ppv77e.png
  • jessicakrall8
    CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners and honorable mentions this week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    v8iq8qyjipp1.jpg

This week...let's all make an effort to report in ON our chosen weigh-day. Secondly, all of our step challenge participants, log your steps every 2-3 days...give your Captain a treat this week!

Thanks in advance!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Steps:
    6/3 8,872
    6/4 7,184
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Hello everyone. Thanks for the welcome. I'm Susanna, and I just joined the F2F Challenge and am happy to be on the Shape Shifters team with you all :)

So about me.....

I've struggled with weight my whole life, but from about 35 years old on, I managed to maintain my weight at about 140 lbs (I'm 5'4") up until six years ago when I quit smoking (2-3 packs/day for 43 years) cold turkey. I'm happy I quit, but stupidly I went from a nicotine addiction to a food addiction, and I ballooned up to 200 pounds. A few months after that, I fractured my knee & tore the meniscus in a biking accident. I just kept eating, stopped exercising, and was in a very unhealthy place.

I joined MFP in 2018 on the advice of a nutritionist at my job to monitor my protein intake (she was concerned as a vegan I wasn't getting enough protein) and I stayed for a while, but like so many other aspects of my life, I wasn't consistent and dropped off. I did manage to lose 20 pounds on my own, but then I let a series of crushing events (my only son, my bff and my companion all died within 2 years) turn me back to binge/emotional eating, and I put the 20 pounds back on. I was sad and really didn't care about my body.

I'm now in a bit of a better place and am ready to tackle my weight and weight-related issues once and for all. Last week I started exercising again (slowly), and am being very consistent with recording my daily food intake.

Thanks to all who actually read up to this point - didn't mean to ramble, wow!

And last but not least, @jessicakrall8 - I would love to join the June step challenge, but am not sure where to sign up. My goal is 2 miles/day (I guess about 5,000 steps/day) and my favorite place to walk is around my town (New Haven). There are lovely places to walk (and bike) here - I walk everywhere - haven't driven in 35 years.

My current weight is 200 lbs.
    My goal weight is 140 lbs.
    My food goal is to get enough protein & fiber, and go easy on carbs, sugars & unhealthy fats.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this group with you - hope you're all having a lovely weekend ~ Susanna

Monday - 5/30
    Weight (Current): 205 (above weight was a typo)
    Weight Goal (June): 197
    Weight Goal (Long Term): 140

@jessicakrall8 - I'm sorry to appear as a no- show and for any confusion. I initially said Saturday, but had changed it to Monday (see above post) and wonder if I can keep my weigh-in days on Monday.

My laptop is broken and totally unfixable, so on the weekends, for now, I am using my cell phone. Navigating MFP will be so much easier from Monday through Friday when I can use my work laptop at the office.

Please advise, and thank you so much for coordinating all this!

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend! It went by soooooo quickly 😋
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 371 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day:
    PW: 176.5
    CW: 176
    LTD: -5

June 3 Steps = 13,348
    June 4 Steps = 4384
    June 5 Steps = 4622
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Congratulations on your progress @jessicakrall8 and @JenHul 🎉🎉🎉 You’re definitely starting us out in the right path this week!
This discussion has been closed.