TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88

Apologies Ive been MIA! I've been still researching diet and it looks like I will be adapting to a ketogenic diet. There is a fat adaptation phase where you gain weight initially before you start losing weight. How long it takes for each individual person's body to start using fat as an energy source varies. I'm not sure how to proceed with the group during this transition. Please let me know what you think. TIA!

@BlissfulK I’m part of another accountability group called Just Give Me 10 Days (renews every 10). Many of the members there are Keto folks (not me) so you might find good support for your new diet there. But don’t leave us! They ask that you weigh in daily and add a diary comment. It’s not to create poor habits but to better understand how our choices (food, exercise, stress, hormones, inflammation etc..) affect our weight fluctuations. Wishing you all the best in this journey.
  • JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Krysless2 👏 thanks so much for sharing 🤗. This encourages the competitive side in me. It also feels super sweet to see so many members positively reinforced. Here’s to building healthy habits & staying on track.💃🏻
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Anyone having issues with their Apple Watch syncing to log exercise. Someone noticed it stopped with the new app update. If anyone knows how to fix this, please share, TIA!

I have to go into the newsfeed and refresh that page a few times and it pops in

I will try this, thank you for sharing!☺️
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88

Apologies Ive been MIA! I've been still researching diet and it looks like I will be adapting to a ketogenic diet. There is a fat adaptation phase where you gain weight initially before you start losing weight. How long it takes for each individual person's body to start using fat as an energy source varies. I'm not sure how to proceed with the group during this transition. Please let me know what you think. TIA!

@BlissfulK I’m part of another accountability group called Just Give Me 10 Days (renews every 10). Many of the members there are Keto folks (not me) so you might find good support for your new diet there. But don’t leave us! They ask that you weigh in daily and add a diary comment. It’s not to create poor habits but to better understand how our choices (food, exercise, stress, hormones, inflammation etc..) affect our weight fluctuations. Wishing you all the best in this journey.

Sounds like an amazing group, will have to find them! I definitely don’t want to leave this group!! I didn’t know how my weight gain will impact the group. Should I sit out for awhile until I reach max gain before doing weigh ins again. I have not weighed myself in two weeks to focus on meals and meal prepping. Some people gain about 10 to 20lbs when their body is adapting to the change in fat intake. Some do lose weight, but the majority gain weight in the beginning. The length of time to adapt is different for everyone as well, why I’m not sure what to do, since weigh ins impact the group.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @BlissfulK I’m not in a position to advise you there but I support whatever you and @DaffyGirl88 decide is best.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 3
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 183.0

That kind of weigh in makes the struggle of this week worth it 😂

Happy Friday y’all!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Imagine my surprise to log in and see 17 new comments!! 🥰🎉👍 Keep it up y'all!

Gonna be busy at work this morning so will have to push responding to them all abit.

First things first -

Thursday 23 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in Week 3
    PW: 140.7
    CW: 141.5

Looks like my trip to Seattle is still hanging around. 😕 Good news is I'm not traveling again for two weeks. 😁

Happy Friday! 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    Options
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    @JbeanR0212 I wish I had this weight thing figured out, I'm still just bouncing around trying to figure out what works for me. My only saving grace is being this overweight anything I try shows on the scale immediately.

@KimR_1986 I don't want to discourage you but it took me 62 years to figure it out. 😁😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88

@JbeanR0212 and @BlissfulK I've belonged to that challenge. It's not something that I want to do on a permanent basis but I tend to pop in for a round two weeks before vacation or a special event when I need a little boost. They're about to start the next round on Sunday if anyone is interested. Hrm...maybe it would help me lose my Seattle weight...🤔

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867550/just-give-me-10-days-round-191#latest
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88

@BlissfulK First let me say that I am not the be all and end all of decision making here. The only thing that comes from me being team captain is that I have edit privileges on the master spreadsheet. :) I will however give you my opinion. B)

IMO you are more than welcome to remain in the group, the more the merrier I always say. :) We are just a group of strangers on the interweb relying on the honor system for people posting their weekly weigh-in. There are no actual prizes awarded or ribbons to be won. I care not whether anyone in the group gains, loses or maintains during the month, other than a sincere wish to help everyone reach their own personal goals. I am just here to cheer on your successes, empathize with your struggles, offer suggestions when asked, and/or vent about spouses / kids / jobs / life in general. I stay in the group even when I'm not actively trying to lose, or taking a pause from dieting, because I enjoy the camaraderie. Seeing you all posting about your struggles or successes reminds me that I'm not alone in this fight and keeps me focused. I enjoy the friends that I've made here, look forward to meeting new ones and miss those that have come and gone.

The challenge rules say that if you do not post a weigh-in 2 weeks in a row you will be removed, so you would need to weigh-in this week in order to stay. It's totally up to you if you want to do that or leave the group until you figure out your plan / path forward. If you leave you can rejoin again at the beginning of any month (not during the middle). All you have to do to come back to us is request to be put back on TBBT.

Hope that helps.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88

@JbeanR0212 and @BlissfulK I've belonged to that challenge. It's not something that I want to do on a permanent basis but I tend to pop in for a round two weeks before vacation or a special event when I need a little boost. They're about to start the next round on Sunday if anyone is interested. Hrm...maybe it would help me lose my Seattle weight...🤔

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867550/just-give-me-10-days-round-191#latest

@Krysless2 Nice! :)
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Friday (6/24)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Over (by 80) - Not gonna sweat it
    Exercise: Yes (14 min. Dancing + strength training + 1hr. Hatha Yoga + 30 min. Rowing)
    Goals/Day/Comments: 💧160 oz. (over), 👟 8,589, ⛑ +21 (280). Put in 13hrs. at work but took intermittent breaks to exercise and made sure to make up for it before bed. Will be driving much of today so I’ll use it as an R&R. Been challenged by an accountability friend to burn major calories over the weekend so I need it.
    “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” - Napoleon Hill
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 3

Happy Friday y’all!!

There you go again! Nice loss lady! Keep doing your thing.

• JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 I thought I had seen you and a couple of others over there. Wasn’t sure how I felt about the daily weigh in at first but I’m a fan now. Just can’t take every little up tick to heart but rather think about what your body is telling you. For example, my weight jumped up by .4 this morning but after all the work yesterday and the heavy food in my gut I expected it.
    It filled my bucket to read your words to @BlissfulK. While I am trying to loose quite a bit, I agree with your sentiments. We are all on this journey together no matter the current place and “there is no I in team”. I’m also happy to see that you’ve stuck around not because you’ve missed some mark but out of passion. I’m a big fan! Thank you for speaking your truth.
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 3

Happy Friday y’all!!

There you go again! Nice loss lady! Keep doing your thing.

Thank you!!
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    6/24
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: no - but thank goodness it’s the last day of not being able to!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    JUNE Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 201.6
    CW: 203.4

While scale doesnt show, the mindset has shifted a bit... going back to more consistant exercise and hoping my knee agrees with the decision. That was a big factor in the first 23 lost (was 30 but 7 crawled back) also have to get used to kiddos home from college and the mom need to eat with them. When reflecting, Realized my fasting and OMAD kind of fell off. Hoping for a new trend next week on a trail back down.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    JUNE Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 201.6
    CW: 203.4

While scale doesnt show, the mindset has shifted a bit... going back to more consistant exercise and hoping my knee agrees with the decision. That was a big factor in the first 23 lost (was 30 but 7 crawled back) also have to get used to kiddos home from college and the mom need to eat with them. When reflecting, Realized my fasting and OMAD kind of fell off. Hoping for a new trend next week on a trail back down.

@sandkp so glad you are still with us. 🥰 Having the kids home from school can be a big adjustment, I remember. Even the cashier at the grocery store would notice the difference in my cart. 😂
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Major NSV tonight. I had a $@$& 🤬 day at work today but rather than drowning my sorrows in vodka 🍸 and chocolate 🍫 I went for a 10 mile bike ride.🚴‍♀️. I'm still having a drink and my daily 5 kisses but they are well so within my calorie allowance. 😁