Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

17810121328

Replies

  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 2,333 Member
    Happy birthday Roger!

    cormierannie
    weigh in day sunday
    pw 145 pounds
    cw 144 pounds
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 1,481 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

    yt10ycazblnl.png
    9y7efhvy98aa.png


    Leaderboardgraphic.png

    Team Results
    By Percentage
    zxoq5061376y.png

    By Pounds
    r4y9qgqi1pw3.png

    Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wlhx04s618im.png

    By Pounds
    nn8vvhe9r64l.png
    ss80r6jun0rs.png

    Team Winners
    rbixw02ayd9y.png
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 509 Member
    We're kicking butt once again! Well done everybody!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 30,466 Member
    Congrats Downsizers for being #1 again this week .... Congrats to @Eathefruitnotthecake78 @MadDuck62 and @motivatedmom13 for being our top 3 weight lose losers this week :)
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Eatthefruitnotthecake78 Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2022
    Of all the changes you have made since starting your journey, which one has helped the most?

    Keeping a food diary, and cutting out those trans fats.. Honestly never realised how much my diet was full of them before. I cant believe ive managed to shift this much weight in 2 weeks, when ive been trying since January and nothing was happening. Im glad ive found something that is finally working. Also joining this group has really helped to keep me focused, thanks so much for all your help and encouragement
  • Hope you all had a good weekend, i was visiting family today so not as many steps, i did go for a walk after dinner though, so todays steps were 6131. My husband asked me to stop at the shops and buy him bacon fries, and i got them for him and nothing for me, so was a good NSV
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 30,466 Member
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody!
    Just got back from Jamaica. We had a great time - lots of beach, rest, and food. I think I did ok with my diet. I didn’t overdo it with anything - including alcohol. It was an all-inclusive resort, which means alcohol is constantly flowing, but that’s not really my thing. I had a few drinks here and there, but stuck mostly with water and coffee.

    The diet was ok, too. The resort has 6 restaurants on-site, and we went to a different one almost each night. Every morning, though, we had a wonderful luxurious breakfast of smoked salmon, a bagel, and fruit. The rest of the day we would spend lounging around on the beach, take a break for some jerk chicken for lunch, and then continue lounging.

    I’m also super proud I didn’t burn to a crispy critter. I usually do, but I was really good about sunscreen, and it was spf 50, so I just got a nice tan. It also helps that we were in a cabana all week - not directly under the sun.

    Anyway, @Megan_smartiepants1970 i don’t have steps because I didn’t wear why my watch and I didn’t really do anything anyway - so they can be zero’ed out for the week.

    It will be similar next week, as I am going to FL with the fam for another beach vacation. I’m super excited for more beach time and yummy food!

    My numbers:
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 167

    I hope everyone had a great week and great 4th.
    Cheers!
    I can EXC you from the step challenge if you would like...Please let me know :)

  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 986 Member
    Of all the changes you have made since starting your journey, which one has helped the most?

    Recognizing the chain of events that lead me overeating repeatedly and learning how to break them so I stop quickly instead of going completely off the rails. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to break free and get back on track.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 301 Member
    Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh day Monday
    Start weight 276 lb (Aug 21)

    Pw 216
    Cw 212.4
    Loss 3.6lb
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 301 Member
    Question

    Sometimes we get cravings or urges to snack? What are somethings you can do to overcome snacking or give in to the urges?


    I recently read a book called "never binge again " by Glenn Livingston. It s free on the Internet. A bit radical and not for everyone but it has completely changed my eating as its changed the way I think about food!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 301 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW: 388.6
    PW 321.4
    CW 318.6

    Broke the 70 pound barrier and 100 pounds is within sight. I can't believe it!

    Congratulations!! That's a wonderful achievement.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 986 Member
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Thank you, everyone, for the b-day wishes.
    Steps - 6817. Mainly moving around home and grocery store.
    Calories - 1700? Bfast out. Friend of daughter made cake and cupcakes. Just had a small piece. 1/8 of 6" cake.
    Exercise - none. Spent morning baking lemon loaf as thank you gift for cake.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 243 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (July 4, 2022)
    PW: 231.6
    CW: 228.9
    SW: 240

    The last two weeks were artificially high but the trend has been in the right direction all week so I believe I'll take the win!

    @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Our family leaves on vacation leaves on vacation in 4 days and we'll be out of town until July 17th so I will miss the Monday, July 11th weigh-in so please excuse me for next week.

    We've already taken the family (all 4 kids) to all of the US State Capitals and have hit nearly 40 US National Parks so we're going to check a few more boxes next week. We're headed out to the Southwest - flying into Phoenix, AZ and going to see the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Capital Reef, Arches, Black Canyon of the Gunnison so lots of hiking in my near future - unfortunately it's also going to be HOT so lots of water breaks! We finish the trip with a white water rafting trip that goes under the Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado and then we fly home from Denver. My Fitbit should go nuts with all of the steps I'll be doing so as long as I take it easy with all of the meals we'll be eating out, I should have some good news to share when I step on the scale on 18th.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 644 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

    Steps

    Sat 7/2 3376
    Sun 7/3 2869

    @lindamtuck2018

    I thought I was done with Covid, but released last week so I’m hoping I’m not going to be one of the unlucky ones with long Covid symptoms.

  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 7,459 Member
    RoniMo16 wrote: »
    Good morning All!

    Weigh-In:

    Username - RoniMo16
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    Previous weight - 223.6
    Current weight 224.8

    Steps: (GOAL 11,000 a day)

    Sunday - 11,476
    Monday - 10,044
    Tuesday - 9,526
    Wednesday - 9,236
    Thursday - 10,495
    Friday - 10,735
    Saturday - 10,338

    I’ve gained this week, which sucks, but I’m hoping it’s because I’ve increased my weights during my strength training sessions. Also, if I’m being completely honest, I could have done better with snacking this week.

    I have a problem with sugar, so my focus for this week will be to minimize my sugar intake. That’s MUCH easier said than done (at least for me), but I’ll start with having multiple snack skip days, I guess 🤷🏽‍♀️. I’ll keep you posted on that. I’ll also increase my steps to actually meet my daily steps goal lol since I’ve been focusing on strength training lately, I’ve been slacking on the steps.

    Sounds like you have figured out changes you need to make this week. Can you change what you are eating instead of skipping the snack totally. I know for myself skipping meals and snacks lead to overeating but we are not all the same. Let us know through the week how things are going.

    Jpedno wrote: »
    Sooo I just got back to the house after my long run. 6 miles. I ran a lot and walked some too but it got done. Along the way I passed a lady walking her dog. She told me I was amazing and inspiring. She stopped me to chat - she was recovering from a broken ankle and two surgeries and today she walked longer than she had before during recovery. She said I inspired her to go farther! So kind of her to say that. A big thanks to Ronnie and her dog for making this slow runner feel like an athlete this morning!

    This also puts into perspective why I am running - to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and to recognize my husband's return to health after some pretty scary moments in late 2021.

    @Megan_smartiepants1970

    7/2 9,747 steps

    That is so nice to know you inspired someone. I love your reasons for running. When is the run?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 7,459 Member
    edited July 2022
    Happy birthday Roger!

    cormierannie
    weigh in day sunday
    pw 145 pounds
    cw 144 pounds

    Great loss! You are dancing those pounds away.

    Hope you all had a good weekend, i was visiting family today so not as many steps, i did go for a walk after dinner though, so todays steps were 6131. My husband asked me to stop at the shops and buy him bacon fries, and i got them for him and nothing for me, so was a good NSV

    Great NSV! I have to ask, what are bacon fries?

    red1185 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody!
    Just got back from Jamaica. We had a great time - lots of beach, rest, and food. I think I did ok with my diet. I didn’t overdo it with anything - including alcohol. It was an all-inclusive resort, which means alcohol is constantly flowing, but that’s not really my thing. I had a few drinks here and there, but stuck mostly with water and coffee.

    The diet was ok, too. The resort has 6 restaurants on-site, and we went to a different one almost each night. Every morning, though, we had a wonderful luxurious breakfast of smoked salmon, a bagel, and fruit. The rest of the day we would spend lounging around on the beach, take a break for some jerk chicken for lunch, and then continue lounging.

    I’m also super proud I didn’t burn to a crispy critter. I usually do, but I was really good about sunscreen, and it was spf 50, so I just got a nice tan. It also helps that we were in a cabana all week - not directly under the sun.

    Anyway, @Megan_smartiepants1970 i don’t have steps because I didn’t wear why my watch and I didn’t really do anything anyway - so they can be zero’ed out for the week.

    It will be similar next week, as I am going to FL with the fam for another beach vacation. I’m super excited for more beach time and yummy food!

    My numbers:
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 167

    I hope everyone had a great week and great 4th.
    Cheers!

    Sounds like a great vacation! I will mark you excused for next weeks weigh in.

    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Thank you, everyone, for the b-day wishes.
    Steps - 6817. Mainly moving around home and grocery store.
    Calories - 1700? Bfast out. Friend of daughter made cake and cupcakes. Just had a small piece. 1/8 of 6" cake.
    Exercise - none. Spent morning baking lemon loaf as thank you gift for cake.

    Nice low calories. Birthday calories can easily add up.

    @Megan_smartiepants1970

    Steps

    Sat 7/2 3376
    Sun 7/3 2869

    @lindamtuck2018

    I thought I was done with Covid, but released last week so I’m hoping I’m not going to be one of the unlucky ones with long Covid symptoms.

    I call Covid the gift that keeps on giving. I had it in Dec 2020. I still get headaches and have memory issues.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 7,459 Member
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (July 4, 2022)
    PW: 231.6
    CW: 228.9
    SW: 240

    The last two weeks were artificially high but the trend has been in the right direction all week so I believe I'll take the win!

    @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Our family leaves on vacation leaves on vacation in 4 days and we'll be out of town until July 17th so I will miss the Monday, July 11th weigh-in so please excuse me for next week.

    We've already taken the family (all 4 kids) to all of the US State Capitals and have hit nearly 40 US National Parks so we're going to check a few more boxes next week. We're headed out to the Southwest - flying into Phoenix, AZ and going to see the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Capital Reef, Arches, Black Canyon of the Gunnison so lots of hiking in my near future - unfortunately it's also going to be HOT so lots of water breaks! We finish the trip with a white water rafting trip that goes under the Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado and then we fly home from Denver. My Fitbit should go nuts with all of the steps I'll be doing so as long as I take it easy with all of the meals we'll be eating out, I should have some good news to share when I step on the scale on 18th.

    Of course you should take the win. Enjoy your vacation, it sounds like lots of fun.

    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW: 388.6
    PW 321.4
    CW 318.6

    Broke the 70 pound barrier and 100 pounds is within sight. I can't believe it!

    Another fantastic loss! Congrats on reaching 70 pounds lost.

    fatfifties wrote: »
    Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh day Monday
    Start weight 276 lb (Aug 21)

    Pw 216
    Cw 212.4
    Loss 3.6lb

    super loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 7,459 Member
    Happy 4th of July to all my teammates in the States!


    dxct73w6uloq.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.