TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 if I’m not mistaken you have an operation coming up in about 10 days. How long is your anticipated rehabilitation?
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ajdvegan
    July week 1
    PW: 156
    CW: 155
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 5 July
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Update: Tue 5th Jul
    Track: Yes
    Calories Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: Went to my beginners running session, I was far far far behind everyone in the class so ended up running alone. Decided that was probably the last time I will go. Will just go out on my own

@Naija82 That's terrible that they would leave you behind! :o Whenever I bike with groups I only go with "no rider left behind" types. I've been left behind and it's not fun. :( As @JbeanR0212 said we're here for you virtually. My running days are long gone (if you could even call what I did running LOL) but I can walk with you. B)
  • JbeanR0212
    edited July 2022
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (7/6)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (Strength training only)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Had a long and exhausting work day. 🤞Plan to fast and fit cardio in today.💧176oz. 👟7,696 ⛑ +4 (162).
    “When any real progress is made, we unlearned and learn anew what we thought we knew before." - Henry David Thoreau.

@advegan tomorrow will be my tell all but you might have just beat me again. Congrats on the drop. It all counts!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, they are a good bunch and people looked behind I told them not to worry as didn’t want to hold anything back. It still sucked being alone but at least I had my running watch so could do the running and walking steps myself. I used to be a runner so really want to get back to that I’m just going to have to have patience.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (7/6)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (Strength training only)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Had a long and exhausting work day. 🤞Plan to fast and fit cardio in today.💧176oz. 👟7,696 ⛑ +4 (162).
    “When any real progress is made, we unlearned and learn anew what we thought we knew before." - Henry David Thoreau.

@advegan tomorrow will be my tell all but you might have just beat me again. Congrats on the drop. It all counts!

You do fasting? I did in the past, currently only doing IF
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    I can't fast for more than an hour 🤣🤣🤣
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    7/4
    Tracked: No
    Under: no
    Exercise: Yes - Completed a Freedom Fighter 5K (walking)
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    @mooreshelly09 if I’m not mistaken you have an operation coming up in about 10 days. How long is your anticipated rehabilitation?

Yes ma'am, the 15th. He hasn't discussed with me yet what my limitations will be or for how long. He is wanting to see how much arthritis is in my knee before we talk a plan. So I should know that evening what I need to do for rehab and then going forward. I'm so nervous, but ready for the pain to be over.
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Thanks all, they are a good bunch and people looked behind I told them not to worry as didn’t want to hold anything back. It still sucked being alone but at least I had my running watch so could do the running and walking steps myself. I used to be a runner so really want to get back to that I’m just going to have to have patience.

I started my running by doing the C25K app by myself running around the block will I could hang with the 5K runners and even come in 3rd on one. You got this....unfortunately I believe my running days are behind me....but I will virtually walk with you anytime!
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @Naija82 I only fast a couple times a year usually. I love food too much 😂. The past couple weeks have taken a mental toll (PTSD) and I could really use the spiritual clarity now that the stresses are over. I just happened to leverage it as a double whammy for a hopeful loss on the scale too (down .3lbs). Took activated charcoal a few days ago but I’m still feeling very sluggish. Debating a detox (hate what those meds do to body) but waiting to see what the fast does all-in all (not a fan of that process either).

@mooreshelly09 I’ll be thinking of you during the surgery and recovery. Hoping the damage isn’t as bad as they are estimating but mostly that you feel better.
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    KimR_1986
    PW: 285.9
    CW: 288
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/5
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes, 45 min walk
  • mooreshelly09
    Options

@mooreshelly09 I’ll be thinking of you during the surgery and recovery. Hoping the damage isn’t as bad as they are estimating but mostly that you feel better.

Thank you! What fasting do you do? I have heard a lot of people rave over the 16:8, but not sure I could go that long without eating 😂😂
  • KinstugiJoy
    KinstugiJoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    May I unofficially join your team? I will join in August.

I am 52, mama to 2 (one at home), teacher (I go back July 15) and have 100+ to lose.

Starting over again!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

Thank you! What fasting do you do? I have heard a lot of people rave over the 16:8, but not sure I could go that long without eating 😂😂

Right? LOL I do a loose 14:10 type IF as I don't eat from dinner one day until my morning coffee around 6:00 AM the following. I get up at 4:00 but go on my Peloton, shower, get dressed and what-not before I'm ready to sit and relax for a bit before starting work at 6:30. I've tried going to 16 hours but there's no way, so going for 24 is out of the question. Only under Dr's orders (e.g. one of those >55 year old tests :/ ) will I give up food for that long.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    May I unofficially join your team? I will join in August.

I am 52, mama to 2 (one at home), teacher (I go back July 15) and have 100+ to lose.

Starting over again!

@KinstugiJoy It's fine by me, but I'm not the one who makes the team assignments. I know the moderator hasn't been in the sign up thread for several days, she may have gone away for the long weekend? If you don't get "officially" assigned to us for July I have no problem with you hanging out "unofficially" getting and giving encouragement, etc. Just realize that you won't be counted in any team weigh-ins.

You go back to work next week?!?! :o Is the summer over already???
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
    We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
    - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
    - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
    - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
    Our weeks always start on Sunday so we start tracking tomorrow. Sunday, June5th 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
    Krysless2
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    This discussion has been closed.