TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options

@mooreshelly09 I’ll be thinking of you during the surgery and recovery. Hoping the damage isn’t as bad as they are estimating but mostly that you feel better.

Thank you! What fasting do you do? I have heard a lot of people rave over the 16:8, but not sure I could go that long without eating 😂😂

@mooreshelly09 I know many who swear by 16:8 IF. We do a lot of running around which makes for a somewhat inconsistent eating schedule (extra curricular kids, work, parents, volunteer time, etc…). The idea of such a regimented eating life just kinda stresses me out too much to make it feel worthwhile. On the rare few occasions I fast I go for a 36 which basically equates to one full day alert + 2 sleeps. I’m actually feeling more alert today so it appears my plan is working.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    May I unofficially join your team? I will join in August.

I am 52, mama to 2 (one at home), teacher (I go back July 15) and have 100+ to lose.

Starting over again!

@KinstugiJoy It's fine by me, but I'm not the one who makes the team assignments. I know the moderator hasn't been in the sign up thread for several days, she may have gone away for the long weekend? If you don't get "officially" assigned to us for July I have no problem with you hanging out "unofficially" getting and giving encouragement, etc. Just realize that you won't be counted in any team weigh-ins.

You go back to work next week?!?! :o Is the summer over already???

@KinstugiJoy always happy to welcome a cheerleader and cheer you on as well no matter what team you are assigned to & whenever you may be ready to take that step. I used to work for the schools and loved it but it didn’t pay enough to support my family. I’m very familiar with the jumpstart grind. Now I volunteer every second I can. Wishing you luck with all the start of the new year stresses and continued pandemic rehabilitation (kids SEL/routines).
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    July Week #1
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 202.8
    CW: 203.2

Okay team.. I havent been the best teammate. I read and keep up but havent had great posting skills lately. Seems to be the mindset lately. I need to start logging again and get back on tracking my fasts. I seem to be stuck here bouncing these lbs up and down. I tried exercise last week and after 2 days of biking and one day of walking video the knee/leg decided it needed a week rest. What bugs me is its the good knee... I dont want to hurt it.. and I dont want to go thru another surgery and 2 years to get back to semi normal. Not sure if its knee or quad but it just sits on the front brain staring at me. I just want my body to be okay. I dont even want to run anymore (was a goal to get back to that) I just want to be able to walk bike and hike with my family without being down for a week or more. I am hesitant to visit doc cause I dont want bad news. I need to redo blood work but felt my best opportunity for that was when I was 30 lb down.. but work was busy and then I got covid... so they say to wait a bit... not to mention i gained 10 lb back.

So to start, I am going to try to do the challenge here and log and do my fasting and even if I cant exercise, I am going to try my stretching and arm weights and for now they will be my count for exercise (is that allowed?) Lets try to put my mind back even if I cant put my leg back right now.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    @sandkp stretching, yoga and arm exercises definitely count. Do what you can. Baby steps. So glad you're still here, even if it's only lurking. 🤗
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Wed 6th Jul
    Track: Yes
    Calories: 40 cals over
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Legs were feeling a bit sore so didn't workout, will do one tomorrow. Got free popcorn at the cinema and didn't eat It, gave it to my Mum instead. Me 1 Temptation 0.

Regarding fasting I vary it daily so anywhere between 16 - 21 hrs. I was never really a breakfast person so easy to skip it
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Update: Wed 6th Jul
    Calories: 40 cals over
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Legs were feeling a bit sore so didn't workout, will do one tomorrow. Got free popcorn at the cinema and didn't eat It, gave it to my Mum instead. Me 1 Temptation 0.

Regarding fasting I vary it daily so anywhere between 16 - 21 hrs. I was never really a breakfast person so easy to skip it

@Naija82 Yay for the non-scale victory (NSV) of giving away your popcorn 🍿!!
  • KinstugiJoy
    KinstugiJoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    May I unofficially join your team? I will join in August.

I am 52, mama to 2 (one at home), teacher (I go back July 15) and have 100+ to lose.

Starting over again!

@KinstugiJoy It's fine by me, but I'm not the one who makes the team assignments. I know the moderator hasn't been in the sign up thread for several days, she may have gone away for the long weekend? If you don't get "officially" assigned to us for July I have no problem with you hanging out "unofficially" getting and giving encouragement, etc. Just realize that you won't be counted in any team weigh-ins.

You go back to work next week?!?! :o Is the summer over already???

Thanks! I have no problem cheering you all on. My goal is join for August.

I am a year round school, so we finished early June and kids come back July 25. We are in school 9 weeks, then off 2 (except summer).

• KinstugiJoy
    KinstugiJoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212, I was an Instructional Coach the past 3 years. Due to staffing reasons, I had to teach 4th quarter. I realized I wanted to be back in the classroom. I will be teaching 6th grade ELA.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options

@mooreshelly09 I’ll be thinking of you during the surgery and recovery. Hoping the damage isn’t as bad as they are estimating but mostly that you feel better.

Thank you! What fasting do you do? I have heard a lot of people rave over the 16:8, but not sure I could go that long without eating 😂😂

Right? LOL I do a loose 14:10 type IF as I don't eat from dinner one day until my morning coffee around 6:00 AM the following. I get up at 4:00 but go on my Peloton, shower, get dressed and what-not before I'm ready to sit and relax for a bit before starting work at 6:30. I've tried going to 16 hours but there's no way, so going for 24 is out of the question. Only under Dr's orders (e.g. one of those >55 year old tests :/ ) will I give up food for that long.

Yah, I normally eat dinner about 7 at the latest on spin nights, otherwise it’s about 6. And my stomach is angry talking if I don’t eat breakfast about 5:30 (I get up at 4am also). So not sure I could go till noon 😂😂

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    7/6
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - 2 mile walk
  • JbeanR0212
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88…. Before you hear it through the grapevine, your GoT invite is definitely motivating me 😂. I talked some smack about you moments ago (below) but in a loving way. ❤️
    ————————————————————
    Krysless2 & mooreshelly09 - Counting on you to get to it! Our mutual friend from house Stark may have whined but they seem to be keeping up just fine with this challenge. 😉 I kinda like it when she bickers 😂.
    (I say that with admiration)
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @sandkp I’m so glad you are still here. Exercise isn’t limited to vigorous cardio. I say if you are moving that counts. What’s most important is that you listen to your body and take care of yourself. I may be a chatter box but I’m always wondering about you quiet ones. Please speak up if there is more we can do to support you.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 6 July
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 It's all good. 😁
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Thursday (7/7)
    Calories: Yes - fasting
    Exercise: Yes (247 Active Burn)
    Goals/Day/Comments: FINALLY feeling like my usual self and beyond grateful for that. In fact seemed to work so well that I broke at 24hrs. with a small dose of protein (2 servings of almonds). About to jump on scale and have never weighed myself following a fast so curious what it will say.💧160oz. 👟11,047 ⛑ +23 (172).
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” - Arthur Ashe
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In Post: (Thursday)
    JbeanR0212
    Week 1
    PW = 163.2
    CW = 162

…..hmmmm, well that’s more than .3 down. I do feel bloated. TOM is preparing for his visit so I’ll take the minimal loss. The important part is I’m finally feeling much better. Now for some real food!
  • JbeanR0212
    edited July 2022
    Options

😂😂😂😂 “It’s all good”…… 😳 you know I saw your other post. “Friendly competition” 😂…. Uh huh, whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night. Didn’t expect a Stark to play so dirty but then again I do believe Season 6 is when we find out the truth about the legend of dear old dead Ned.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »

😂😂😂😂 “It’s all good”…… 😳 you know I saw your other post. “Friendly competition” 😂…. Uh huh, whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night. Didn’t expect a Stark to play so dirty but then again I do believe Season 6 is when we find out the truth about the legend of dear old dead Ned.

@JbeanR0212 Who's Ned? You're speaking gibberish...I've never seen the show. B)
  • JbeanR0212
    edited July 2022
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »

@JbeanR0212 Who's Ned? You're speaking gibberish...I've never seen the show. B)

You crack me up lady! I‘m a fan of the show, that’s how you roped me into another challenge. That’s also why I picked the house that I did 😉. Look up any “winter is coming” meme and you‘ll find Ned Stark at the forefront. That’s also why even though I feel for poor @KimR_1986 I haven’t tried to shift over.
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/6
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes, 60 min walk
This discussion has been closed.